Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

Sped2424

Through the summer means it will be playing until the summer season ends. You can keep believing whatever you want, but until Disney releases an actual opening date I expect to see this show performing from Memorial Day through at least Labor Day.
lol Ok. I got hard cold facts on this one but you can keep believing in whatever dates you want. The July date has been corroborated among multiple insiders on here but I'm sure your right. :rolleyes: Clearly you guys want to have a discussion on this opening in the fall so I'll dip out of this thread so you can resume that narrative. I'll come back should I hear anything.

wannabeBelle

I am excited that something will be up and running!!! I have heard good things about the new Jungle Book movie and to do the tie in makes absolute sense. I am being optimistic on this one!! What I have seen thus far from videos and such looks good. Marie

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Through the summer means it will be playing until the summer season ends. You can keep believing whatever you want, but until Disney releases an actual opening date I expect to see this show performing from Memorial Day through at least Labor Day. I don't care what your "sources" say....
I believe July is much more realistic timeframe than labor day.

Although they are experiencing problems, the plug was only pulled on April 22 a few weeks prior. This would tell me they don't feel they are a months and months away.

A July opening would seem feasible, but of course we don't know for sure, and even the team working on it are probably not sure at this point, despite having goals to try and hit.

CaptainAmerica

I believe July is much more realistic timeframe than labor day.

Although they are experiencing problems, the plug was only pulled on April 22 a few weeks prior. This would tell me they don't feel they are a months and months away.

A July opening would seem feasible, but of course we don't know for sure, and even the team working on it are probably not sure at this point, despite having goals to try and hit.
I see two possibilities that could push it back in line with the "through summer" idea.

1. Is it possible that work will go more slowly with the theater set up for Jungle Book in the interim than if they were working in an empty theater?

2. Maybe the show is supposed to be ready in July but won't launch until Jungle Book has run its course through the summer.

hpyhnt 1000

From the sources I've heard, ROL was not received well by executives and they needed to revamp some things, hence the delayed opening.

Uh oh. Is this another World of Color-like situation where Iger was initially displeased with some of the elements of the original show?

Now I'm getting more afraid of movie characters making a appearance somewhere. Please say it's not happening, @raven!

Herbie

Sigh, I wouldn't mind the characters. I love animals, but while watching the video, I was kind of wondering if the audience was really into it... the applause seemed lukewarm

raven

Uh oh. Is this another World of Color-like situation where Iger was initially displeased with some of the elements of the original show?

Now I'm getting more afraid of movie characters making a appearance somewhere. Please say it's not happening, @raven!
Well, everyone knows they plug as much as they can so they can sell more merchandise.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Literally wasn't trying to spread false rumors, fake dates, just innocent speculation that maybe my folks might need to adjust their DAK plans accordingly this summer. Then a certain user comes in attacking me with swords and knives flying.
OK, but you do tend to post pretty much doom & gloom about everything they've done lately. Heck, if I were Disney, I wouldn't announce dates for anything ever again. Just a year at best, and maybe not even that. People here are way to critical when they fail to hit a date, as if things were as easy to fix as tying a shoe.

ToTBellHop

lol Ok. I got hard cold facts on this one but you can keep believing in whatever dates you want. The July date has been corroborated among multiple insiders on here but I'm sure your right. :rolleyes: Clearly you guys want to have a discussion on this opening in the fall so I'll dip out of this thread so you can resume that narrative. I'll come back should I hear anything.
I recall saying July was a goal, but that means nothing. March was also a goal. Then April. Now July. They won't know they are ready to go until they are quite close to opening. No one should plan a vacation in anticipation of RoL.

Sped2424

I recall saying July was a goal, but that means nothing. March was also a goal. Then April. Now July. They won't know they are ready to go until they are quite close to opening. No one should plan a vacation in anticipation of RoL.
Well I don't. Not till I hear otherwise and as of today I checked again july is still target.

Sped2424

Literally wasn't trying to spread false rumors, fake dates, just innocent speculation that maybe my folks might need to adjust their DAK plans accordingly this summer. Then a certain user comes in attacking me with swords and knives flying.
Oh come off it you try and play the shade game and whenever you get checked you always cry about it after. As I say don't front unless you are willing to bone up when others say you are in the wrong too. Part of having a blunt and shady style is being able to take it when others eventually clap back on it.

Mike S

Be better if it transitioned to a dark ride. That would put DAK on par with the MK or very close to it.
I suggested a Pirates scale boat ride before. I think that would work better since nothing in the movie really screamed "ride vehicle" to me.
A Jungle Book dark ride is redundant when Jungle Cruise exists.
If anything would make Jungle Cruise redundant it's Kilimanjaro since 1998 and yet here we are almost 20 years later.
From the sources I've heard, ROL was not received well by executives and they needed to revamp some things, hence the delayed opening.
We all know what that means, "why isn't there more IP in this show?"

Just kidding :happy:.......... or am I?!?!?!?! :eek:

Sped2424

Not saying that either I am just saying unlike what others are trying to spin July is very much still the target date. As I have said whether or not they met that is up to them but for now that's the goal. No one should plan a vacation imo until all of these new offerings finally get the all clear opening.

Sped2424

Seems like a good time to mention Disney has been developing a musical version of "The Jungle Book" for Broardway that could likely be an influence on this nighttime show.
http://nytimes.com/2013/06/23/theater/the-jungle-book-comes-to-the-stage.html
The show already had it's run and was phenomenal but never got picked up after the last city it was in :( But it's good you mention this because the description for this show mentions them infusing indian instruments with the classic songs of the jungle book which is something that show wonderfully did.
For example

TangledUpInKnots

This is probably a dumb question, but no like soft opening for this right? Just memorial day weekend will be when all of this starts? I'm just bummed because I'll be there the week before...I really just cared about the nighttime safari and the tree, not so much this interim show, but I'd still watch it

Slowjack

If the reasons for the delay are indeed technical and not a result of creative differences or poor reviews from management, then whether and when we see RoL will presumably depend upon ironing out those technical problems. The way I see it, putting on a differently-named "interim" show with many of the same elements is mainly a way to lower guest expectations. If the technical problems aren't solved or satisfactorily worked around, then I do think its possible RoL never comes to be. We've seen precedents for this, and know this kind of situation can turn out a lot of different ways. It could be a short delay which soon gets forgotten about after all is well. It could be a long, grinding delay--like Test Track. And then there are the things which never consistently work, and then go away: the Yeti, Rocket Rods. If RoL is the first live implementation of this technology, I don't think there's any way to guess how this will turn out. This isn't like a construction delay where you can measure how far you are to completion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom