Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

FigmentJedi

But what if this Jungle Book show is extremely well recieved? I hope they say, "okay, now lets open the show we built this whole thing for." But I have a feeling it'll go more like "okay, wow, people love this Jungle Book show. Lets add some of it to RoL!" There is no guarantee RoL will open in its original form.

I'm not opposed to this "interim" show, I just hope it leaves when it's supposed to, and that RoL then opens in its original form. WDW has a pretty bad track record with "temporary" things. That hat in DHS only stayed up for how many years? And that wand? And I understand that the Year of a Million Dreams lasted one year as planned, not more than two years, right?

I also wouldn't mind if they decided to run both shows. Maybe 2 RoL performances and 1 performance of this each night. And I don't believe RoL will open in July but nobody knows when it'll open, or if the full thing will ever really open.

And I am nervous as to the quality of the Interim show, especially condiering that it's a last minute thing. Those are my thoughts and concerns for now. I'm concerned, that's for sure. RoL looks great from the video, but there is so much that Disney could do to screw up...
I can't imagine a Jungle Book show based on the new movie being that long or involved when there's only two musical numbers, three if you put the James Bond song-ified Trust in Me in there.

At most, I see it being condensed into a preshow for Rivers of Light if they keep it at all after it opens.

Mickey5150

Hopefully the Jungle Book show is there until I get there in September this year and then they can get ROL ready before I get there in 2017.

brb1006

I'm willing to wait while they sort out the technical issues.

Looks promising so far, as we are just seeing the very tip of the iceberg of what this show can be.
I'm thrilled there are no characters involved...and it seems to be 'it's own thing'.
Reminds me a bit of 'Reflections Of Earth'.

-
The music for We Are One is giving me vibes to the farewell song when illuminations is done.

Cesar R M

Don't worry. It'll be temporary....ya know like the yeti ;)
wangfire.png

jensenrick

I wonder if I'll fall asleep during this, like I did during the movie. Hey, I know everyone loves the JB, but I found it super boring.

Luxe

Don't be sorry, I don't mind.

Well, either way, it's temporary, right?

Indiana Jones was also supposed to be temporary, so was Primeval Whirl. The original Star Tours film was only supposed to exist for 3 or 4 years, 20 years later they updated it :p

Luxe

It does take place in India. What's the problem?
I just looked it up and you're right, it does take place in India LOL.

I always thought it was located somewhere else but now the instrument casting makes way more sense... It's been a long day, back to writing this paper...:bookworm:

jensenrick

Indiana Jones was also supposed to be temporary, so was Primeval Whirl. The original Star Tours film was only supposed to exist for 3 or 4 years, 20 years later they updated it :p

Hey, I get it- temporary can stick around awhile- like the Mickey Hat at DHS for instance- that would be a good example! Personally I hope Jungle Book is as temporary as they say, as I'm looking forward to Rivers of Light.

But Indiana Jones, the stunt show?! That takes up a major portion of real estate from day One of MGM, with a huge theater seating 2000 people? The area that was supposed to represent the entire industry of "stunts" back when this was a "movie making magic" type theme? I don't think that's true.
Kinda doubtful about Primeval Whirl too, but not enough to argue over.

Mike K

Sorry if this has been asked already but will FastPass+ be made available for the show? My wife and I are heading back to DW next month and wanted to schedule a time for this if we can. Thanks in advance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom