Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

Kman101

There's been a lot of (justified, because we know what "temporary" means to the team at WDW) freaking out over a simple "we want to give you something" while we sort this out.

We just don't know what they'll ultimately end up doing with the final version of ROL. It sounds like a lot of complications. I actually trust them on this. It's a bit tired to hear "characters = bad" when this is just a little show to take advantage of a movie that is once again #1 this weekend and give folks a little something to watch. We bash them for not doing anything and bash them for doing anything.

I don't think they'd change the entire Rivers of Light show just to suddenly include The Jungle Book. I know we don't trust them with this kind of thing, but the overall experience of Rivers of Light, as it stands now, is about telling a specific story, not "show everyone our IPs". Let's trust them on this one ... and I just can't see them dropping it entirely.

But I also know we always can't trust them with some of these things so it's walking a fine line. I have my faith in this park and I hope they leave RoL as is.

Brian Swan

Through the summer means it will be playing until the summer season ends. You can keep believing whatever you want, but until Disney releases an actual opening date I expect to see this show performing from Memorial Day through at least Labor Day. I don't care what your "sources" say....
I'm kind of reading it this way too. UNLESS - they DO get RoL up and running and do run both shows; do JB in the first time slot for the "kids" and then roll RoL out for the second/third later shows for the more mature audience that RoL seems to be aimed at. Set up the FPP system so you can only have one or the other for a given day, and then anyone who wants to see both pretty much has to spend 2 evenings in AK (eating, drinking, buying, etc.).

wdwfan22

I think this will be actuallly temporary, not just..."disney temporary". They've marketed RoL too much to now decide to not release it at all. More importantly, they've already spent a lot of money on it. The Mouse likes his coins...

I agree with you. They really want this to work. Animal Kingdom needs a nighttime spectacular that can live up to the others on property. And from the preview the press saw the show really does have potential

jrogue

Sorry if this has been asked already but will FastPass+ be made available for the show? My wife and I are heading back to DW next month and wanted to schedule a time for this if we can. Thanks in advance!
I would like to know as well if it hasn't been covered yet! I've been trying to plan stuff for my trip in June but I noticed none of the late night AK attractions have been listed with times yet.

witandwander

Do you think fastpass for this will go live tonight? it is for soarin

Sorry if this has been asked already but will FastPass+ be made available for the show? My wife and I are heading back to DW next month and wanted to schedule a time for this if we can. Thanks in advance!

Disney Parks Blog responded to questions about FastPass+ by saying there WILL be FastPass+ available for Jungle Book show, but that information about FastPass+ for all AK night time experiences would be released on May 20; however, FP+ for night Safari became available this morning. (I got one for 7:25-8:25 on 5/28)

Mike K

Disney Parks Blog responded to questions about FastPass+ by saying there WILL be FastPass+ available for Jungle Book show, but that information about FastPass+ for all AK night time experiences would be released on May 20; however, FP+ for night Safari became available this morning. (I got one for 7:25-8:25 on 5/28)

Thanks so much for the info! Really appreciate it!

note2001

Disney just "tweeted" out a show tease. (Try not to be too disappointed, it's a last minute thing they're pulling together.)
Birds of a Feather.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom