Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

SW_matt

A lot of the people complaining about an interim show would be baying for blood if WDW did nothing. I'd certainly rather they took the time to do it properly rather than rushing something out the door! Exactly th same way I feel about delayed video games/ movies etc.

No Name

Well I was wrong to doubt Jim Hill. Sorry Jim.

Anyway, I am surprised. Not that a Jungle Book show will be bad, but it could find its way into RoL, especially if this "interim show" is successful. At least it's not taking on the Rivers of Light name, so RoL should come at some point, but will RoL come without Jungle Book? Not so sure.

B mode of the Yeti was only supposed to be temporary, until they could actually fix him, right?

It seems that the engineers did a double take and determined that the GPS thing just wasn't going to work as is. I suspect they'll either have to add a guide rail or rebuild parts of the base of the floats, something not so small like that. I hope they fix the issue, but if the Jungle Book show is successful, I could see them sort of giving up.

Happy that guests will have something to see but worried for the future of RoL.

danv3

B mode of the Yeti was only supposed to be temporary, until they could actually fix him, right?

Exactly. I don't really think that ROL will disappear, but ten years ago I wouldn't have expected the yeti to remain in B mode for so long given all the marketing hype associated with the yeti. And yet B-mode yeti is still here, with no indication of ever being fixed.

Nubs70

If anyone here honestly believes this clip show for jungle book is killing ROL in anyway you are delusional. ROL is going nowhere this is a very weak cushion to soften the blow that ROL really isn't coming till mid to late summer.
I believe that repair work will not begin until Q3 2016

CaptainAmerica

Good on them for putting something together in light of the disappointment of not being ready.

I have to laugh at the suggestion this means RoL is cancelled permanently. Because yes, they are just going to throw away all those barges, fountains and autonomous vehicles.

On the other hand, it certainly means there is no pressure to have RoL ready for anytime soon.
Yeah, tractors is so dumb.

Honestly, are people that clueless? It's way more expensive to develop a completely new show, regardless of whether it's permanent or not, than to just let the theater sit idle. This is a good thing and anyone spinning it as otherwise is showing their colors as a blind partisan hater.

hpyhnt 1000

Exactly. The real show will come.

They just need a filler for this years summer promotion instead of leaving a huge empty hole. And to salvage a bit of pride.

Any new details on the latest thinking on the problems and when RoL might debut? Is there a chance it still makes a summer debut (by September 21)?

note2001

Be better if it transitioned to a dark ride. That would put DAK on par with the MK or very close to it.
Love the idea. A Jungle Book themed dark ride would be amazing, and unlike Dinosaur or Everest could easily be made be appropriate for all ages. Will they do it? Doubt it, they're in the process of investing heavily in this park as it is.

I just hope the show they're putting on starting at the end of may is so good folk miss it when it's updated to ROL :D

hpyhnt 1000

Be better if it transitioned to a dark ride. That would put DAK on par with the MK or very close to it.

JT, it's not all that often, but you do have the occasional good idea!

Agree completely that a full scale dark ride based on The Jungle Book would be a great family friendly fit in AK. Could serve as a nice way of expanding the Asia section and finally filling in that huge chunk of land between Asia and Rafiki's area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom