INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

peter11435

disnyfan89 said:
I wouldn't say the ride is safe for humans just yet! After all thats what sand bags are for! I was also just saying Imagineers start rideing rides as soon there deemed safe. :wave:
The sandbags are there to add weight to the trains. The ride IS safe for humans to ride.

disnyfan89

peter11435 said:
The sandbags are there to add weight to the trains. The ride IS safe for humans to ride.
My Bad then! I always asumed the Sand Bags took the part of the person so that if anything went wrong durring testing it wouldn't happen to a real person!

Captain Hank

I assume the reason that they use sandbags is to achieve the effect of a full train without having 20+ people going on ride after ride after ride after ride for a full day of testing.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Testing process goes basically like this:

First, trains are pulled through by cranes, empty and without sandbags. There are usually "feelers" attached to the train to make sure no outstretched arms (or legs on hanging coasters) will be able to hit anything.

Next, the trains are run empty and without sandbags to make sure the track will run.

Following that, the trains will run with sandbags to judge the speed and timing of the attraction.

Finally, the ride is tested with people.

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion. :wave:

Connor002

Thrawn said:
First, trains are pulled through by cranes, empty and without sandbags. There are usually "feelers" attached to the train to make sure no outstretched arms (or legs on hanging coasters) will be able to hit anything.

I guess they never did that for Space Mt. :lookaroun

disnyfan89

I think what he was saying was the support Beams for Space Mountain are so low it wouldn't be very hard for someone with very long arms to lose one if they put there hands in the air!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
disnyfan89 said:
I think what he was saying was the support Beams for Space Mountain are so low it wouldn't be very hard for someone with very long arms to lose one if they put there hands in the air!

I thought he was referring to the first part of the quote, I guess you're right though.

However, thats a myth. There are only a couple places where you can touch the track. (The two tunnels, and one other spot on one of the tracks I believe) It is low all over the ride, yes, but mostly untouchable.

disnyfan89

I do admit the Head Chopper effect is just that, an Effect! However as a 6'3" man my minds natural instict would be "OMG DUCK!"

CaliSurfer182

disnyfan89 said:
I do admit the Head Chopper effect is just that, an Effect! However as a 6'3" man my minds natural instict would be "OMG DUCK!"

I know the feeling, and I am only an average sized guy at 5'11". Every time I launch off I have to slink down as far as I can in my seat, because I feel like I might make a donation to the Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Patch fund.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
One more thing, I had a manager from AK at my school today, and the track is 1.2 miles for EE. I hope this answers your questions you had on it! :wave:

Madison

That's 6336 feet. I'll believe that number when I see it in writing somewhere official, as that's really, really long for a coaster of this size.

animal_king1990

WDWScottieBoy said:
One more thing, I had a manager from AK at my school today, and the track is 1.2 miles for EE. I hope this answers your questions you had on it! :wave:

Are you sure he knows what he's talking about? As people said before, it's unlikely that E.E is over 6000 feet long. Do you have any proof?

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
Are you sure he knows what he's talking about? As people said before, it's unlikely that E.E is over 6000 feet long. Do you have any proof?

All I know is it was from an area manager at AK and he said it was roughly 1.2 miles.

So yes he knows what he's talking about since he's in charge of that area, and I have no proof, other than the school I go to always has the best guest speakers. (Eisner is even supposed to be here sometime.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom