INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
imagineer99 said:
Yeah, they got a great basketball team! Go Rosebuds! They'll win the devision 6 title this year no doubt. ;)

I keed...I keed...

they do actually, the Golden Knights.

goofyfan13

wannabeBelle said:
9 feet??? Even without any tech stuff I can tell you I dont believe that to be true!!! That tunnel that you go thru towards the end is close enough to touch!!! Belle

In the first tunnel (blue flashing lights) I always make it a habit to reach up and touch the ceiling. So I too agree with you that 9 ft. of clearence is a stretch. :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
socalkdg said:
So if you count the forward and backward distance, along with the long stretchs at the beginning and end, I could see it approaching a mile. Ave. 15 miles per hour and the overall ride is 4 minutes. 20 MPH and we get 3 minutes.

Interesting article on Space Mountain today at Mouseplanet. Interesting on how they fit approx. 2600 ft of track into approx. 200 ft. dia. area. It was also mentioned that there is a 9 ft. clearance in all areas, so don't worry about your hands/head getting hit.

You are correct, there is an interesting article on Mouseplanet about SM, however the article is referring to Disneyland !!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
I thought they prohibited you from putting your hands outside the train?

If that was the case, you would be in an enclosed "shuttle" going through the ride so you can't put your hands up. I've never heard of a ride that won't allow you to do that.

Woody13 said:
That's a great school (...where Imagination has no limits!). Go RCHM! :wave:

I'm really surprised so many people have heard of this place on here. Some of my friends that live in Celebration have no idea about this school or even where it is. :hammer:

But if this school is pumping out GMs, area managers, and things of that nature, than I'm more than happy to be a student here. In fact, it still hasn't hit me yet that I am where I am. I couldn't be any happier with my school, and especially with my professors!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
So I guess the information Scottie got was true after all.

To say that most of the professors here are ex-VPs, or Presidents at Disney says something about my school. When one of the professor's has his own window on MSUSA, Tony-Award Nominee, and many many other awards, I wouldn't doubt anything that's told to me here. :wave: ;)

socalkdg

unkadug said:
You are correct, there is an interesting article on Mouseplanet about SM, however the article is referring to Disneyland !!
Obviously. Its the one and only :animwink: (thus the 2600 ft. comment in a small building of 200 ft. Obviously WDW's space has dramatically more room - plus two tracks - thus the longer length as well).

Rode it again today. Front row. Felt like it was 40 degrees inside(it was cold out today, around 62). Great once again. I was disappointed with WDW's space mountain. Hope they redo it soon.

The redo of Space loads handicapped and injured people into a seperate car located right next to the main track(on the left). Once they have filled most of the 12 seats, it then slides over to the right, moving an empty car over to the right. Once it returns, back to the left. Saves downtime from difficult loads. Great idea.

Tom

Beta Return
animal_king1990 said:
I wish they would release this kind of information to the public so people can know all the statistics of EE.

Oh.......my.......God......I just read 8 pages of this...insanity. I thought I was going to be reading more and more tidbits of the Joe interviews/sessions (which I really enjoyed and appreciate, Scott and Rob), but it turned out to be a Press Conference held by the Roller-Coaster-Stats Police!

WHY IS IT SO DAMN IMPORTANT?!?! I actualy heard from my Uncle's Nephew, who happens to be a HUGE WDW fan that lives in Indiana, that EE is 10,000 feet long...and the Yeti is actually 6' tall with legs like a chicken and the head of a goat....and you can touch all the walls while riding through....and Joe has ridden it 17 times already, with and without sandbags.

WHy argue about something that NOBODY on here has the correct answer to?

To comment on a topic that came up in this thread about a week ago, football: does anyone know what time Purdue is going to lose this week? :rolleyes: I've temporarily changed my Alma Mater.....however, Purdue also has a well respected Hospitality program (I'm sure not like UCFRCHM) and has sent many grads to Orlando. One of my brother's current professors in that program is the guy who just got back from his sabbatical where he set up and trained everyone in the HR & Guest Relations departments for the new Wynn Las Vegas resort - wow.....

Madison

edwardtc said:
a Press Conference held by the Roller-Coaster-Stats Police!

...remember, we're here for your protection. ;)

Can I apologize now for all times in the future when I try to use information available to me to make reasonable speculation into the nature of a subject?

There are lots of things that people find interesting that are not at all important. I have trouble, honestly, understanding how anything anyone discusses here is important.

MickeyTigg

edwardtc said:
Oh.......my.......God......I just read 8 pages of this...insanity. I thought I was going to be reading more and more tidbits of the Joe interviews/sessions (which I really enjoyed and appreciate, Scott and Rob), but it turned out to be a Press Conference held by the Roller-Coaster-Stats Police!

Why did you keep reading it then?

:confused:

[beginning of rant]

We've had this discussion before on other threads...some people find this interesting. Some people like discussing rumors. Talking about whether rumors are believable or credible does not make them any more realistic. Talking about rumors as to whether you'd like to see them happen does not make them more true.

If anyone does not find these topics interesting....then they shouldn't read those threads. If you put your mouse arrow over the title link to a thread, you get the beginning text of the thread. You can bypass the thread without ever opening it up.

[/end of rant]

Thrawn

Account Suspended
animal_king1990 said:
Wow. Expediton Everest is getting a lot of hype. I sure hope it lives up to its standards. Being the longest Disney coaster and the #1 coaster in WDW.

Its people like you that will be disappointed. You already think it will be the best ride at WDW, and its still 4 months or more from soft opening.

animal_king1990

Thrawn said:
Its people like you that will be disappointed. You already think it will be the best ride at WDW, and its still 4 months or more from soft opening.

Well, I don't get dissapointed because if a ride doesn't turn out the way I want it to, I'll still like it anyways.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
found another pic of Rohde at the Adventurers Club that night

T520051015134311487.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom