INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

animal_king1990

The_CEO said:
Meh' maybe not..

But it is hard to measure length from a picture.
eelucht26ih6uc.jpg

Well, I estimate that's somewhere around 1000 ft....maybe more.

Madison

My understanding of the attraction is quite different:

-Depart Station
-Climb short lift
-Spiral around tower toward main lift
-Climb main lift
-Move around to the backside of the mountain, encounter and approach destroyed track
-Switch backward
-Go backward through helix and up into second switch track
-Begin moving forward again
-80' Drop
-Turn around and climb back into the mountain
-Encounter Yeti figure
-Shoot out back of mountain and through double helix
-Back into mountain
-Out of mountain for the last time and into brakerun
-Return to station

The_CEO

I'm going to chime in one more time before I hit the hay. Here is my understanding to each his own.

-Depart Station
-Climb short lift
-Spiral around tower toward main lift
-Climb main lift
-Move around to the backside of the mountain, encounter and approach destroyed track
-Switch backward
-Go backward through helix and up into second switch track
-Begin moving forward again
-80' Drop
-Turn around and climb back into the mountain
- S curve into double helix starting with the out most
- MCB then into mountain through a few hill and curves
- Yeti encounter
- hills and curves continue
- Final break.
- Station

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
disnyfan89 said:
Which is exactly why he told it to a bunch of collage students

We're not just a bunch of college students. I happen to go to the #1 college in the world for Hospitality. Many students that have graduated from my school start off in management at Disney. It would be different if it was any CM coming and talking to students at Alaska State or something like that. But when my school is what it is, and has major ties with the Disney Company (how many other schools get top executives weekly to visit their campus?) along with about every hotel and other theme park in the nation, I wouldn't say we are just a bunch of college students.

:wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
WDWScottieBoy said:
University of Central Florida's Rosen College of Hospitality Management

ah, good old UCFRCHM :lookaroun

:lol:

Seriously, I know thats a great hospitality school, so good luck with everything. :wave:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
ah, good old UCFRCHM :lookaroun

Seriously, I know thats a great hospitality school, so good luck with everything. :wave:

Thanks Thrawn! I proud myself going to UCFRCHM. :lol:

(Off-topic, when are you visiting WDW again, I'd love to meet up with you)

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
miles1 said:
Would someone have a minute to describe the difference between a "helix" and a "loop"?

Thanks.

A loop goes upside down, a helix is a 360 that is horizontal. Space Mountain has helixes in it, RnRC has loops. :wave:

Madison

WDWScottieBoy said:
A loop goes upside down, a helix is a 360 that is horizontal. Space Mountain has helixes in it, RnRC has loops. :wave:

Well, Rock N' Roller Coaster actually has no 'loops,' in the sense that we use the word to describe parts of roller coasters. Its first inversions are called a 'roll over' and its third is a corkscrew. :)

A loop, strictly speaking, is a single inversion (as opposed to RnRC's two) wherein the train exits the element heading in the same direction toward which it entered.

It's minutia, to be certain, but there is a distinction to be made for those who're concerned with such things.

miles1

It may be minutia to some, but I now know that I might be able to retain my lunch through a "helix", while I'm not so certain about a "loop" or a "roll".

Thanks for the info.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
another piece to the puzzle fell in..

The Main Street Diary is reporting that Everest opening team interviews will be held second week of November.

Here's the quote I was given (with sensitive information removed):

Cast Members Are Invited to Interview For the Opening Team of Expedition Everest
Cast Members soon will have the opportunity to learn about and interview for part-time and full-time Attractions and Merchandise roles on the Expedition Everest Opening Team at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Expedition Everest, a high-speed train adventure that combines coaster-like thrills with the excitement of a close encounter with the legendary yeti, is scheduled to open in spring 2006.
Cast Members who are interested in becoming a member of the Opening Team must schedule a priority interview by calling the Trade Show Appointment Line (407-828-XXXX) beginning Thursday, October 27. The Trade Show Appointment Line is open Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.; Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.; and Sundays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The Expedition Everest trade shows and interviews for the Opening Team will take place at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Wardrobe Building on Sherberth Road on:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: 8 a.m. to 12 noon
Cast Members must meet all of the new property opening transfer guidelines, which include a minimum of six months of current employment with Walt Disney World Co., no more than four attendance notations, and no more than one reprimand within the last six months (not including early-shift releases or authorized days off).
With a "snow"-capped peak nearly 200 feet high, Expedition Everest is sure to draw thousands of Guests eagerly anticipating an encounter with the mysterious yeti during their trip through the Himalayas. Interview to be among the first to welcome them to this exciting new attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park!

socalkdg

So if you count the forward and backward distance, along with the long stretchs at the beginning and end, I could see it approaching a mile. Ave. 15 miles per hour and the overall ride is 4 minutes. 20 MPH and we get 3 minutes.

Interesting article on Space Mountain today at Mouseplanet. Interesting on how they fit approx. 2600 ft of track into approx. 200 ft. dia. area. It was also mentioned that there is a 9 ft. clearance in all areas, so don't worry about your hands/head getting hit.

animal_king1990

socalkdg said:
So if you count the forward and backward distance, along with the long stretchs at the beginning and end, I could see it approaching a mile. Ave. 15 miles per hour and the overall ride is 4 minutes. 20 MPH and we get 3 minutes.

Interesting article on Space Mountain today at Mouseplanet. Interesting on how they fit approx. 2600 ft of track into approx. 200 ft. dia. area. It was also mentioned that there is a 9 ft. clearance in all areas, so don't worry about your hands/head getting hit.

Actually Space Mountain is about 3200 ft long. http://rcdb.com/id267.htm

tirian

Although he didn't give me exact dimensions, one of my coworkers watched some of the Yeti's programming and told me that it's going to terrify every little kid on the ride.

That seems to be AK's dark-attraction goal right now; "It's Tough to Be a Bug" makes kids scream and "Dinosaur" terrifies them. Add E:E to the mix!

wannabeBelle

socalkdg said:

9 feet??? Even without any tech stuff I can tell you I dont believe that to be true!!! That tunnel that you go thru towards the end is close enough to touch!!! Belle

imagineer99

WDWScottieBoy said:
University of Central Florida's Rosen College of Hospitality Management

Yeah, they got a great basketball team! Go Rosebuds! They'll win the devision 6 title this year no doubt. ;)

I keed...I keed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom