Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

trainplane3

That is also a possibility.
That's still a possibility? They really don't know what direction they want to go with, do they? I can't wait for another warehouse with a pretty front stuck on it like M:S.
Can't they just drop Figment to a meet and greet character In The park and the odd annual pass holder magnet? I just don't think the masses know or care about Figment
They did a m+g years ago and it was terrifying. If there's anything not to do it's don't revive Figzilla.

NateD1226

They did a m+g years ago and it was terrifying. If there's anything not to do it's don't revive Figzilla.
Image result for figment meet and greet

spooky

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Has this been proven to terrify children? I have no qualms with this! A giant mouse costume gets a pass. This should too! Perhaps TDO could make a Meet and Greet that explains his size in some off-hand way but I don't think him any worse than any other costume character. Dreamfinder with his puppet pal Figment is definitely better though!

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Has this been proven to terrify children? I have no qualms with this! A giant mouse costume gets a pass. This should too! Perhaps TDO could make a Meet and Greet that explains his size in some of-hand way but I don't think him any worse than any other costume character. Dreamfinder with his puppet pal Figment is definitely better though!

I think the problem maybe saturation. Children literally grow up with Mickey and minnie. even if they have never been to the parks. The baby market is filled with the mouse and his buddies. baby and mickey adorn every thing from sippy cups to pajamas. Outside of Epcot I never see figment and at least in this area you never ever see figment.
So by the time they get to meet and greets, Mickey is an "old recognizable" friend.
Dreamfinder? forget about it. he's scary

trainplane3

Dear god the bizarre hatred toward the original version of the ride is nutty in this thread. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
I wouldn't call it hatred, just out of touch. Gotta have Mickey, Minnie, and whatever the latest Pixar/Marvel film shoved in your faced at all times instead of something that makes a park unique. How dare something only exists in one park.

NateD1226

I'm starting to generally hate the Disney fanbase. It seems like nowadays fewer people care about what made Disney great compared to just a few years ago, and most people are infatuated with the latest trend. Not to mention the uptick in people that only care about reviewing overpriced cupcakes and buying the newest t shirt. The ignorance among some Disney "fans" regarding issues like JII is just mind blowing as well. This site is probably one of the only places left on the internet where there is still a large amount of the "old style" fans, but sadly I am starting to see some of them leave only to be replaced with the new "hip" crowd.

I guess it's not that surprising that Disney is considering a complete removal, because the people that actually give a crap about this have already mostly given up, making the rest of us a minority. To be honest, I don't know how much longer I'll be interested in Disney myself considering the way things have been going lately. I'm certainly not part of their target audience anymore.
There should be thread about this somewhere. This totally deserves it own thread just to discuss what made Disney great and how to keep it great.

Haymarket2008

I think I'm gonna throw up. I knew that something else taking over the building was a possibility, but tearing it down completely is complete nonsense. Not only would it be a sad thing to lose the possibility of a decent JII, it would be awful to think about what the park would look like without the glass pyramids in view. Now it makes sense to me why they weren't visible in the 2017 concept art. 😭

If it gets torn down, I think the images would be harder for me to stomach than the Horizons demolition images, and that's saying a lot. I'm genuinely disgusted that this is even a possibility.

They actually are visible in the concept art. The picture that is used a lot has that part cropped out. But in the full version, the pavilion still stands.

DanielBB8

I loved the original version. Please bring it back in full. It’s sad that they cut it down 30%. It was a classic. Unfortunately even 20 years ago, it was poorly attended. The Dreamfinder animatronic was old and dirty. It was due a major rehab, but it was rehabbed out of existence. It’s a good candidate for comeback. However, that’s not how things work in today’s Disney. Money talks. Corporate sponsorships gave us the original and it took it away just the same. Disney is in charge and it will want to promote current IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom