Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Rosso11

Why did AE really close? Was it a combination of “too scary”, Jeffrey Jones, WDW vacation refund scam? Or was it really just maintainance.

I was a CM during this time and had the chance to talk to Lee Cockerell directly about it closing. It had nothing to do with maintainence. Most executives were actually big fans of it. It was 100% because of the complaints of being too scary. However the interesting part was that he blamed it on the placement of it, not the attraction itself. Most guests that enter the park after reaching the hub turn right into Tomorrowland and what is the first attraction they came to? Alien Encounter. The problem they were having was guests felt that this was ruining the rest of their kids day. They got so scared on their first atraction they were then too scared to go on anything else. So if either the traffic patterns were different and most people made it to AE later in the day or if AE was tucked further back into Tomorrowland there is a good chance it would still be around today.

jt04

I was a CM during this time and had the chance to talk to Lee Cockerell directly about it closing. It had nothing to do with maintainence. Most executives were actually big fans of it. It was 100% because of the complaints of being too scary. However the interesting part was that he blamed it on the placement of it, not the attraction itself. Most guests that enter the park after reaching the hub turn right into Tomorrowland and what is the first attraction they came to? Alien Encounter. The problem they were having was guests felt that this was ruining the rest of their kids day. They got so scared on their first atraction they were then too scared to go on anything else. So if either the traffic patterns were different and most people made it to AE later in the day or if AE was tucked further back into Tomorrowland there is a good chance it would still be around today.

They should have tucked it far enough back that it ended up at the Studio park. Or maybe Future World if they had been more forward thinking.

The more time that passes the more I believe the MK was not the best place for it. IMO.

Same for IJ. Disneyland had no other choice really.

Bender123

My personal thought on AE was that it would still be operational and a hit if it would have been located in the Studios...The problem with MK is that the rest of the park is decidedly "kid/family" oriented. I was a huge fan of the show...it was unique and truly scary, which is something I really appreciated.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Should have said Dreamflight but agree keeping a sponsor is critical.

As for Test Track, that is a bit subjective.

Other examples, Tiki replaced by UNM, skyway, AE, original Dumbo spinner, lame Moon/Mars, Galaxy Theater, Symbiosis, Food Rocks, original El Rio etc.

DanielBB8

There is no "dislike" button....
There is an entire pavilion dedicated to the Wonders Of Life standing Empty...
But it’s right next to the new Guardians attraction and before Mission Space. The idea that Wonders of Life can ever go back to what it was symbolically just makes no sense. There’s also Innoventions buildings sitting empty that could use more characters besides the meet and greets already there.

Bocabear

But it’s right next to the new Guardians attraction and before Mission Space. The idea that Wonders of Life can ever go back to what it was symbolically just makes no sense. There’s also Innoventions buildings sitting empty that could use more characters besides the meet and greets already there.
Honestly I know you are right about that...It should be used to at least thematically blend with the attractions on that side of the park...I just hate losing Figment completely for something that will most likely be an inferior attraction to the original Dreamfinder ride... I guess there is enough room to build a new Inside Out Pavilion between Living Seas and The Land...and create something spectacular for Imagination.

Last edited:

trainplane3

So.. happened to be scrolling around Twitter when this came up as a sponsored ad...
Couldn’t help but wonder, does that rainbow colored fan remind anyone of anything else in particular?
Hmm 🤔
Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?
😏:

It reminded me I have to swap out a fan on my server.

:p

Edit: Done

I know, I know...2009 called and they want their CPU fan back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

So.. happened to be scrolling around Twitter when this came up as a sponsored ad...
Couldn’t help but wonder, does that rainbow colored fan remind anyone of anything else in particular?
Hmm 🤔
Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?
😏:

So, you're saying Disney should sell the rights to Figment and Dreamfinder to Intel, so that Figment and Dreamfinder can become the new corporate symbol of Intel. /s

Inspired Figment

So, you're saying Disney should sell the rights to Figment and Dreamfinder to Intel, so that Figment and Dreamfinder can become the new corporate symbol of Intel. /s
LOL! Eh.. not quite... you got it in reverse. I was thinking maybe Intel might be a good new sponsor for a properly upgraded Imagination pavilion. The rainbow colored fan reminded me of the original Journey Into Imagination pavilion logo with a bit of a tribute to the old Rainbow Corridor .
Now... I’m not sure how feasible that’d be in this day and age, but I thought it was a good idea atleast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom