Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

mikejs78

Premium Member
As a British person, I find it quite funny how inaccurate it is. Most of the drinks in the pub are things we'd never dream/think of ordering in a pub and we certainly don't dress like that! So it does make me think that the rest of the pavilions are probably pretty inauthentic. Having said that, it doesn't put me off going, I think I just see them as fun caricatures of the countries they're supposed to be.
I don't think that's the point though. To me, WS is a celebration of Nations and their heritage, not necessarily an accurate current portrail of each country (which would be impossible anyways, as different parts of each country are quite different). Even the UK, although it isn't representative of current day UK, is somewhat representative of its past and culture. It's similar to what you'd find if you ever went to a World's Fair back when they were big, and those exhibits were put on by the host countries. So WS is a celebration of cultures and the ability of Nations to live in harmony, as has been signified by various incarnations of Illuminations over the years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As a British person, I find it quite funny how inaccurate it is. Most of the drinks in the pub are things we'd never dream/think of ordering in a pub and we certainly don't dress like that! So it does make me think that the rest of the pavilions are probably pretty inauthentic. Having said that, it doesn't put me off going, I think I just see them as fun caricatures of the countries they're supposed to be.
I don't think that's the point though. To me, WS is a celebration of Nations and their heritage, not necessarily an accurate current portrail of each country (which would be impossible anyways, as different parts of each country are quite different). Even the UK, although it isn't representative of current day UK, is somewhat representative of its past and culture. It's similar to what you'd find if you ever went to a World's Fair back when they were big, and those exhibits were put on by the host countries. So WS is a celebration of cultures and the ability of Nations to live in harmony, as has been signified by various incarnations of Illuminations over the years.
The pavilions are meant to be an idealistic, romantic version of each country. You will find the architecture featured somewhere still in the respective (real) country but the image is meant to be more fanciful.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Inside Out should replace Cranium Command.

With the current focus on health, it would be a no brainer to bring back WoL. WDW could even do a runDisney tie in. And ESPN on sports medicine and the physics of sports I.e. how does a curveball curve what makes a great football throw and that sort of stuff.

Demonstrate a 3D CT scanner, Operate a virtual surgical robot

Edutainment is not dead but it does need to be relevant to todays world.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Pics please, if you have any!
Not the best pic, as I had to crop out some people whose permission I don't have to post their picture, but here you go. This was right as you are about to cross over into FW from WS (after the bridge)...

IMG_20180416_092522-01.jpeg

WDWTank

With the current focus on health, it would be a no brainer to bring back WoL. WDW could even do a runDisney tie in. And ESPN on sports medicine and the physics of sports I.e. how does a curveball curve what makes a great football throw and that sort of stuff.

Demonstrate a 3D CT scanner, Operate a virtual surgical robot

Edutainment is not dead but it does need to be relevant to todays world.
Exactly would I thought/think :)

yensidtlaw1969

You'd be perhaps as hard pressed to find an American who dresses quite this way:

American_Adventure_large.JPG

I'll echo the posters above who say that World Showcase is meant less to be a living document of what these parts of the world are like today and more of a dramatization of the varied natures of these cultures in a life-size snapshot. The outfit above is American, but it's not America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom