Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They need to in order to bash Frozen in Norway.

:p

Big difference between 'Traditional' costume which historically were only worn by wealthy peasants/landowners, Example in American colonial time the clothing was pretty much what the Amish wear today in style and construction colored with simple dyes generally tannin based so brown and grey were the predominant colors.

Vs creating a fictional land which Disney tries to push as being 'Norwegian' which has no historical accurracy whatever. But it's oooh sooo gooood becuz it has Diznee Charcturs...

The infantilization of Disney marches on.

Disney of late reminds me of Kornbluth's 'The Marching Morons'.

TJJohn12

Phil12

Stitch is in some ways worse because it's based on a Disney movie I genuinely love, Lilo and Stitch. That ride is an insult to the movie, not to mention the ride it replaced, Alien Encounter.
The problem is that management did not allow Stitch to thrive and spread havoc as is normal for alien life forms. Stitch started out well when he teepeed Cindy's castle. They should have allowed him to continue and invade other attractions. He could have done wonders for IAsW, CoP and Peter Pan to name a few. He could have done his Elvis impression at Cosmic Ray's and helped out Sonny Eclipse. I mean you know those two must be tight since they're both space invaders.

aladdin2007

Big difference between 'Traditional' costume which historically were only worn by wealthy peasants/landowners, Example in American colonial time the clothing was pretty much what the Amish wear today in style and construction colored with simple dyes generally tannin based so brown and grey were the predominant colors.

Vs creating a fictional land which Disney tries to push as being 'Norwegian' which has no historical accurracy whatever. But it's oooh sooo gooood becuz it has Diznee Charcturs...

The infantilization of Disney marches on.

Disney of late reminds me of Kornbluth's 'The Marching Morons'.

I do agree but have to give them some credit for the new Viking exhibit. No frozen and non ip. thankfully.

MrWarners14

and that way Disney can skew their satisfaction surveys and say nothing needs to be done to it that its fine as is. Sadly I think thats the internal game they play quite often.
Disney needs to check these forums and realize there is an un-ironic audience for this dragon and they want an actual legitmate, full and respectable reboot. Not cynical refurbs for the heck of it.

Phineas

Disney needs to check these forums and realize there is an un-ironic audience for this dragon and they want an actual legitmate, full and respectable reboot. Not cynical refurbs for the heck of it.
I think they know, I'm just not so sure they care necessarily. They constantly release new merchandise with Figment, and the recent Marvel Comics run featuring Dreamfinder and Figment was quite popular. This apparently took Disney by surprise, according to some on these boards. So they're aware of the popularity of Figment as a character, at the very least. Dreamfinder appeared appeared at D23 one year, and Tony Baxter has made his desire for them to bring back Dreamfinder known as well.

So I think they know what the fans want. It's just a matter of what they actually want to do, and when, if ever.

MrWarners14

But it's all about the numbers, the ride is more popular than ever to the bean counters.
It's funny how the ride gets guests riding but only for so long. I might only bother out of irony and I like Figment. The current ride has been lambasted for years for numerous reasons on Disney Park videos and articles and is easily considered one of the worst rides at Walt Disney World, let alone EPCOT right now from both critics and Disney fans.

I'm shocked Figment still has a strong presence considering his awful ride that hasn't aged well and is just frustrating to watch. It's an obnoxious mess that fails to do anything with the concept of imagination. I learned more from the comics about imagination compared to the unfunny awfulness of this attraction.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Stitch is in some ways worse because it's based on a Disney movie I genuinely love, Lilo and Stitch. That ride is an insult to the movie, not to mention the ride it replaced, Alien Encounter.

Have to agree Lilo and Stich has heart shows how to CARE for others, Lilo and her sister, Stitch and his Froggy and Lilo and Stitch caring for each other. Mostly it's about family and how one is created.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
and that way Disney can skew their satisfaction surveys and say nothing needs to be done to it that its fine as is. Sadly I think thats the internal game they play quite often.

Two ways to survey
1 - To collect data to determine a course of action
2 - To skew the survey questions so they all lean in support of a predetermined outcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom