Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Haymarket2008

^ To be fair, I’d rather have Figment than Inside Out. Put Inside Out in Magic Eye and leave Dreamfinder and Figment for the ride through.

Well, yes, same. I'm saying the nonsense rumor of adding Figment INTO Inside Out makes literally no sense. Two completely different properties with no connection with each other apart from an easter egg. If they make an Inside Out attraction, we are getting Bing Bong not Figment. I'll hate it, but that's just the truth. And Figment as a property deserves its' own thing.

MrWarners14

Well, yes, same. I'm saying the nonsense rumor of adding Figment INTO Inside Out makes literally no sense. Two completely different properties with no connection with each other apart from an easter egg. If they make an Inside Out attraction, we are getting Bing Bong not Figment. I'll hate it, but that's just the truth. And Figment as a property deserves its' own thing.
Agreed. I hate the idea of Figment shoved into an Inside Out ride (loved the movie and the cameo though) because it just reminds me of the Imagination Institute nonsense. It feels forced in that sense because even though Inside Out has imagination, that wasn't the whole point of the film. The biggest point of the movie's plot is Riley coming to terms with her new life and dealing with depression over the course of the film's runtime.

Journey 1.0 dealt with how various things contribute to imagination and it does so charmingly. The other refurbs either missed the point, treated the viewers like idiots or both. I would much rather Disney fix Wonders of Life because it's clear that anything done that can add to the pavilion can only be a positive at this point. It's been abandoned for around a decade. I actually wouldn't even mind if they used IPs based around life in general to teach while still being fun and nuanced. I could think of plenty of Disney shows and movies that would make for cool attractions but really, that's for Disney to decide.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. I hate the idea of Figment shoved into an Inside Out ride (loved the movie and the cameo though) because it just reminds me of the Imagination Institute nonsense. It feels forced in that sense because even though Inside Out has imagination, that wasn't the whole point of the film. The biggest point of the movie's plot is Riley coming to terms with her new life and dealing with depression over the course of the film's runtime.

Journey 1.0 dealt with how various things contribute to imagination and it does so charmingly. The other refurbs either missed the point, treated the viewers like idiots or both. I would much rather Disney fix Wonders of Life because it's clear that anything done that can add to the pavilion can only be a positive at this point. It's been abandoned for around a decade. I actually wouldn't even mind if they used IPs based around life in general to teach while still being fun and nuanced. I could think of plenty of Disney shows and movies that would make for cool attractions but really, that's for Disney to decide.
For me it's really one line in the original Imagination attraction that makes all the difference. Dreamfinder throws in a "dash of childish delight". That makes Figment charming instead of a know it all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hate to break it to you but...
Bing Bong is dead.
1523992958950.png

dead villains

Last edited:

MrWarners14

Don't forget the greenery
maxresdefault.jpg
This just makes me think we should make an internet awareness campaign basically telling Disney we like Figment but want a respectable rebooted attraction with a more likable him (and possibly getting Dreamfinder in) in it. Maybe something on Twitter along the lines of #NotMyFigment?

I don't want Figment to go away. He deserves better than a rotting experience that hasn't been properly refurbished in years and the idea that the online survey was only talking about Figment on his section and not the ride concerns me. I like Figment. I just can't stand the current ride incarnation at all. The comics are great but it really only emphasizes how awful the current ride is.

Last edited:

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
This just makes me think we should make an internet awareness campaign basically telling Disney we like Figment but want a respectable rebooted attraction with a more likable him (and possibly getting Dreamfinder in) in it. Maybe something on Twitter along the lines of #NotMyFigment?

I don't want Figment to go away. He deserves better than a rotting experience that hasn't been properly refurbished in years and the idea that the online survey was only talking about Figment on his section and not the ride concerns me. I like Figment. I just can't stand the current ride incarnation at all. The comics are great but it really only emphasizes how awful the current ride is.

T-Shirts should be made. “Bring back Figment” and then we march on the gates!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom