Innoventions West to Close in May?

cat hem

This makes me sad. EPCOT isn't at all what it used to be and really there are (IMO) only 3 FP worthy things there (MS, Soarin', TT) so using a FP there really leaves no choice and heavily crowded existing areas. Closing West will just be one less area to draw some of the crowd.

HauntedMansionFLA

This makes me sad. EPCOT isn't at all what it used to be and really there are (IMO) only 3 FP worthy things there (MS, Soarin', TT) so using a FP there really leaves no choice and heavily crowded existing areas. Closing West will just be one less area to draw some of the crowd.
Maybe they will move Carousel of Progress, It's A small World over from MK - along with the Pixar movie Inside Out and Big Hero 6 coming into the park

gmajew

Premium Member
Have not walked through this building in the last ten trips. It was horrible and boring!

It needs to have technology that blows people minds and opens up young people to the idea of going into science and computer technology, robotics etc.

Use the movies and characters to make it happen but it has to be ever changing as these worlds are evolving way to fast.

Cosmic Commando

Now THIS level of robotic tech would be cool to see and have it do meet and greets...

Go to Disneyland!

Asimo.jpg

ToInfinityAndBeyond

It's kind of sad but that's basically what Epcot has become: It's that theme park that you pay $100 for entry so that you can go have dinner in one of the pavilions. Oh, there's a ride or two left in there, too, and some films from 1982.

I dunno. I guess it kind of depends on what you go to the parks to accomplish. Many people treat theme parks as a "point-to-point" experience, where you have to hit every point in a period of time. My wife and I tried a new approach on our last trip and it made for the best vacation in a long time. We did our FP+ for the big attractions, of course, but in the time in between those, we would just wander around, people watch, and casually stroll into attractions (or their lines, of course). Epcot is great for strolling and people watching. There is always something new to see in the shops around the World Showcase and it's fun to play little games like: snack/drink around the world, etc.

As for Future World, it could really use a face lift. I'm confident with all of the changes coming around the World that we'll see some love for Epcot.

ChesterKiwi

I dunno. I guess it kind of depends on what you go to the parks to accomplish. Many people treat theme parks as a "point-to-point" experience, where you have to hit every point in a period of time. My wife and I tried a new approach on our last trip and it made for the best vacation in a long time. We did our FP+ for the big attractions, of course, but in the time in between those, we would just wander around, people watch, and casually stroll into attractions (or their lines, of course). Epcot is great for strolling and people watching. There is always something new to see in the shops around the World Showcase and it's fun to play little games like: snack/drink around the world, etc.
This is what my younger brother and I did as well this past trip. It was pretty fun to see everything that we usually skipped over on other trips, which came as the result of going to each attraction.

P_Radden

Future World aside, WS needs more attractions. Nothing major, but more attractions in WS would go a long way towards making Epcot worth the $100 to enter. I'm not even gonna get started on more pavilions haha

I remember my first trip to Epcot back in 1998, I was shocked that some countries didn't have attractions. Knowing nothing about Epcot or world showcase, and being a first time visitor, I guess I had just assumed that each country would feature some sort of attraction, not just shopping and dining.. That was a big disappointment for me at the time 11-yrs old. BUT, also FW had lots more to do back then (horizons etc)..

ChesterKiwi

Future World aside, WS needs more attractions. Nothing major, but more attractions in WS would go a long way towards making Epcot worth the $100 to enter. I'm not even gonna get started on more pavilions haha
I've got an idea! Put in a Switzerland pavilion and put in the Matterhorn in Epcot! Fits perfectly, right? And it'll bring more kids and thrill-seekers to the World Showcase! It's perfect!

:hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

I've got an idea! Put in a Switzerland pavilion and put in the Matterhorn in Epcot! Fits perfectly, right? And it'll bring more kids and thrill-seekers to the World Showcase! It's perfect!

:hilarious:
Don't know that is a good idea since AK has Expedition Everest. The issue is Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are mountain theme coasters with a Yeti despite the tracks are different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom