Innoventions West to Close in May?

lpet11984

So, Innoventions West becomes event space. This may open up the possibility to redo the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

I mean, how much event space do they need in Epcot?
Correct me if I'm mistaken but don't they already have Millennium Village, Odyssey, and WoL open for event space whenever they want?

We can only hope. I always thought with all the event space they have in Epcot now, why on Earth would they put the "festival headquarters" over in the WoL Pavilion instead of Millennium Village or Odyssey.

^^^ If true, it would be a fun idea to have various prototypes and demos of the newest in robotics and "robot wars" as a nod to the opener on BH6.

It never hurts to "wow," "inspire" and educate kids. Edutainment at EPCOT has been whittled away and in most cases been replaced by movie theme rides or just closed altogether and never replaced. :(

I agree and wish that we could get back to the discovery and education side of Epcot. If Disney insists on having some synergistic tie in with their movies, BH6 seems like the perfect candidate.

In any case, here's hoping that this closure means that there is something down the road other than just another empty building.

ItlngrlBella

^^^ besides tech/robotics based company sponsorships (and that usfirst.org looks awesome), it would be great to see top Univiersities with strong robotic/tech programs throwing some dollars into demo/displays.

Brad Bishop

I would like them to utilize the space for now for the event spot so they can actually work on the WoL pavilion and turn it back into something grand again. That was my favorite pavilion growing up and now it looks so squalid. I was looking at the panels on the ceiling the other day and it looks like the place is barely holding up.

It's time they make that pavilion into something and then they can do something with the West space.

I like your idea but I think one of the main problems with the WoL pavilion is it's location. You almost have to know it's there to go up to it. You can walk right by it and never notice it.

I think Living Seas has a similar problem. You can find it but it's just so out of the way that you think, "Do I really want to wander all the way down there?"

ChesterKiwi

I like your idea but I think one of the main problems with the WoL pavilion is it's location. You almost have to know it's there to go up to it. You can walk right by it and never notice it.
Maybe this is why WoL was closed in the first place. And why The Living Seas got the Nemo reboot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wonders had no problem when it opened. Clear to see and very well signed.

It is the foliage and large trees that the company allowed to grow infront of it that obscures it.

I wonder why they let them grow...

note2001

So when we see people wandering around with their face buried in their phone, they are really just enjoying a handheld Communicore...

So true :)

What I want to see is Disney display technologies that are leading edge, but which blur the seams between society, technology and nature. Show everyone where we are headed: Eyes up, hand free, technology working at it's best to resolve the issues we've created for ourselves... but interactively developed by the best minds of our time: the guests. :)

Yes what about the latest in robotics or simply showcase the robots the kids build for FIRST Robotics.

http://www.usfirst.org
In addition to displaying some teams demonstrating, working on and talking with people about their bot, they can stream in some of the spring and post season competitions as that's where the excitement really is for those who may ho-hum at the designs. The competitions are a blast. Nerds are fun. :) They can also discuss the importance of working well with other teams to create well functioning alliances. Give the kids some awesome presentation skills to add to their college applications. Make it fun and productive for both the Disney guests and the kids invited to show.

Cmdr_Crimson

It is the foliage and large trees that the company allowed to grow infront of it that obscures it.

It also had good attention due to the DNA Structure that towered the skyline in the area..
wonders-of-life-pavilion.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So true :)

What I want to see is Disney display technologies that are leading edge, but which blur the seams between society, technology and nature. Show everyone where we are headed: Eyes up, hand free, technology working at it's best to resolve the issues we've created for ourselves... but interactively developed by the best minds of our time: the guests. :)

In addition to displaying some teams demonstrating, working on and talking with people about their bot, they can stream in some of the spring and post season competitions as that's where the excitement really is for those who may ho-hum at the designs. The competitions are a blast. Nerds are fun. :) They can also discuss the importance of working well with other teams to create well functioning alliances. Give the kids some awesome presentation skills to add to their college applications. Make it fun and productive for both the Disney guests and the kids invited to show.

This would be a really good opportunity to showcase both the Robots and the program itself,

In the beginning the FIRST national finals were held in Orlando until they outgrew that venue, I mentor a FIRST team and those kids are the future technologists on our team at least the kids do all the programming and construction, Welding and waterjet stuff is done by the mentors for obvious reason.

And it's truly amazing to see what the kids come up with and how many girls are involved in the program.

Communicore

Yea I guess were now at the era where there's first time park visitors who have never seen WoL, hence the thinking that it's always been hidden. Same deal with the dark Innoventions.

wdwjmp239

^^^ besides tech/robotics based company sponsorships (and that usfirst.org looks awesome), it would be great to see top Univiersities with strong robotic/tech programs throwing some dollars into demo/displays.

That'll never happen because those universities are having issues with balancing their own budgets. I do not think they're in any position to be throwing money at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom