Innoventions West to Close in May?

P_Radden

If they only they had found a corporate sponsor for rubber bracelets we could have nice things...........;)

wvyc75.jpeg

Otterhead

There are not a lot of corporate sponsors left for World Showcase attractions or pavilions. Aside from eateries.
- Mexico has San Angel Inn, several shops, and Cava de Tequila, all operated by sponsors.
- China's eateries and shops are sponsored.
- Germany has a bunch of sponsors: Steiff, Arribas, Swarovski, and Werther's
- I believe Italy's shopping is sponsored and its new eatery is.
- Not sure what the American situation is.
- Japan is sponsored by Mitsukoshi.
- Morocco is sponsored by its host country.
- Not sure what the situation in France, Canada, or the UK is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And every store, yes. I don't think Rio del Tiempo was ever a sponsored attraction, nor was American Adventure, Impressions du France, or Reflections of China.
American Adventure had both American Express and the Coca Cola company joint sponsor it.

Not to mention Norway by NorShow
Maelstrom by SAS
Wonders of China by CPEcorp
O'Canada by Telecom Canada

But since you think I'm a liar as you said elsewhere you won't believe that either.

Last edited:

note2001

Thought I'd add a note & link here for those who were curious about the FIRST robotics that have been mentioned, be it in relation to Disney or just for their own kids or curiousity: The regional championship events are ramping up for the next few days. All are streamed on Twitchtv. (I prefer to use http://www.thebluealliance.com/gameday#layout=2&view_0=2015necmp-1 - you can adjust to see different events around the country.) Don't let the name or idea of the game fool you. Although one might think 'recycle' is a boring game as the robots stack totes on platforms, topped by a trash bin and a pool noodle, they're quite fun. Watch for flying noodles.

I'm in New England as you can tell from the link above, but had to laugh at this morning's tweet from Michigan (where they have TWO fields set up) (Talk about potential energy and excitement: Take that Disney!):
CCJmG8NUIAIvuvl.jpg:large

Ragetti

The problem lies in the fact that the attraction in question is not very innovative in it's choice of presentations. I don't really know how it is that Disney can keep up with technical or societal advances, but the attraction suffers as a result of their current efforts. It really isn't a big deal to me, as I just walk past it for several visits after walking through once every few visits.

I agree. The thing is, maintaining a "cutting edge tech" exhibit is expensive and time consuming. It really would need to be refreshed every year, maybe two, at the most to relevant to most people. This isn't 1990 when most peoples' contact with cutting edge tech is limited. Most of us interested in that sort of tech follow it on a daily basis find these kind of exhibits a bore because they are typically years out of date.

I'd rather see them use these spaces for a futuristic view of the world. Not "what's coming tomorrow," but "what's coming in 20-30 years. An attraction like Mission:Space is ideal, I think... a truly innovative attraction, that showcases a "future" world. Exciting,fun, and yeah, even a bit informative. AS usual, it's about theme and immersion. I personally miss the ole "Living Seas" with the conceit of visiting an undersea base. I'd love to see more space-themed attractions... like a visit to a space station, with really immersive theming. You get a LITTLE of that in M:S, but it could be so much more, IMO.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd rather see them use these spaces for a futuristic view of the world. Not "what's coming tomorrow," but "what's coming in 20-30 years. An attraction like Mission:Space is ideal, I think... a truly innovative attraction, that showcases a "future" world. Exciting,fun, and yeah, even a bit informative. AS usual, it's about theme and immersion. I personally miss the ole "Living Seas" with the conceit of visiting an undersea base. I'd love to see more space-themed attractions... like a visit to a space station, with really immersive theming. You get a LITTLE of that in M:S, but it could be so much more, IMO.

I'd rather see it as a OMD Exhibit Mostly related to Epcot...Props, Animatronics..Etc...And have this displayed..
ECC-15.jpg

doctornick

Don't know that is a good idea since AK has Expedition Everest. The issue is Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are mountain theme coasters with a Yeti despite the tracks are different.

No reason a WS Matterhorn would have to have a Yeti. It wouldn't have to be an exact clone of DL's ride. The Yeti is a Himalaya thing anyway, right? Although there are some "snowman" type sightings in the Alps, I don't think that such legends exist as strongly there as in Asia.

ABQ

Thought I'd add a note & link here for those who were curious about the FIRST robotics that have been mentioned, be it in relation to Disney or just for their own kids or curiousity: The regional championship events are ramping up for the next few days. All are streamed on Twitchtv. (I prefer to use http://www.thebluealliance.com/gameday#layout=2&view_0=2015necmp-1 - you can adjust to see different events around the country.) Don't let the name or idea of the game fool you. Although one might think 'recycle' is a boring game as the robots stack totes on platforms, topped by a trash bin and a pool noodle, they're quite fun. Watch for flying noodles.

I'm in New England as you can tell from the link above, but had to laugh at this morning's tweet from Michigan (where they have TWO fields set up) (Talk about potential energy and excitement: Take that Disney!):
CCJmG8NUIAIvuvl.jpg:large
Thanks for posting this, an old colleague of mine works for FIRST these days. I had missed them being mentioned earlier in posts. If I'm not mistaken, they were created at least in part by Dean Kamen, correct? Though most noted for his Segway work, he's got much more to offer than just that. FIRST's vision would work very well in Innoventions, imho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom