Indiana Jones stunt show update?

Magenta Panther

Likely DHS.

Yeah, I could never quite see how Indy fit into DAK. I mean, the dude doesn't even like animals.

aladdin2007

Please explain. Personally I think they are both good fits.

for me I would have preferred to see star wars as its own 5th gate, they could have gone even bigger with more and built something that could handle the mass crowds better. Instead of cramming into the studios, which wasnt designed for the amount of people about to trample through it with hardly anywhere to go but dead ends with not enough capacity. I know they are making modifications to the entrance and all but still.

Marc Davis Fan

An Indiana Jones land would fit beautifully in DHS, especially because the park would really benefit from a heavily forested area, and Indiana Jones would lend itself to that design quite well.

I could imagine an updated version of IJA working to anchor the land. However, I am very curious about the extent to which IJA will be superseded by RotR. If RotR's ride system ends up coming across as a vastly superior iteration of IJA's EMVs, it could invite comparisons in which IJA fares unfavorably (even though I realize it's a completely different setting and theme). I've been concerned about this with respect to DL. I believe @marni1971 said they'll be different enough to allow IJA to still stand on its own merits, but unfortunately I can't find where he said that, so I could be misremembering.....

Even just the Tokyo implementation of IJA with the electric actuators instead of hydraulic would be nice.

Yes! It's amazing how better the reliability is for the TDS version of IJA. I'm not sure how much of that is because of Tokyo's maintenance, and how much due to the electric actuators replacing the hydraulics of DL's version, but I suspect the latter is a major part of the difference.

Marc Davis Fan

The 2 ride systems have very little in common.

...but in terms of the experience they create?

I suppose that since RotR’s LPS vehicles don’t have an on-vehicle motion base like IJA’s EMVs, that’s a pretty huge difference, whereby IJA has an important feature that RotR doesn’t.

But I still can’t help thinking that RotR would “compete” with IJA in terms of the *style* of the experience that their respective ride systems create. Hopefully I’m wrong!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...but in terms of the experience they create?

I suppose that since RotR’s LPS vehicles don’t have an on-vehicle motion base like IJA’s EMVs, that’s a pretty huge difference, whereby IJA has an important feature that RotR doesn’t.

But I still can’t help thinking that RotR would “compete” with IJA in terms of the *style* of the experience that their respective ride systems create. Hopefully I’m wrong!
I think it’ll be different enough to differentiate SSE to Rat.

peter11435

You mean the difference between RotR and IJA will be as vast as the difference between SSE and Rat?

(And IJA will stand on its own merits, even when sharing a park with RotR?)
IJA will stand on its own merits.

The ride systems really aren’t that similar.

Pirates of the Caribbean isn’t overshadowed by Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom