Indiana Jones stunt show update?

Marc Davis Fan

It's interesting that they are saying that all of the "making a movie" elements will be removed. That would require a pretty major change to the show.

Agreed, and I could definitely see that change being an improvement, if done right. It should also be "auto-themed" (to use David Younger's term from Theme Park Design), which in this case would mean: themed to be a stage show at an outdoor theater in Hollywood. That would actually make it fit better thematically with the Echo Lake area. And hopefully they'll also improve the currently-tacky Indiana Jones billboard-like sign.

mergatroid

Personally I love the show the way it is and have done since it opened. I do however often feel a bit sorry for the 'actors' pretending to be filming the show who more or less just sit there doing nothing. I mean there's worse ways to make a living, but I wonder what goes through their mind as they watch it day in, day out? :rolleyes:

And yes, I figure they may change roles occasionally.

mergatroid

Not occasionally, from my understanding its either show to show or day to day. Its a safety thing so they arnt doing the stunts constantly throughout the week.

Are you sure the 'actors' are also the 'tumblers', I always imagined they were two separate groups with the 'tumblers' getting paid more?

Movielover

Are you sure the 'actors' are also the 'tumblers', I always imagined they were two separate groups with the 'tumblers' getting paid more?
Yeah, not everyone does the same roles, but there are multiple "teams" that make up the cast. and these teams rotate out of "lead" positions and "extras" positions. I'm not sure exactly which team does what in terms of the background extras and film crew but they are stunt performers and tumblers as well.

HauntedMansionFLA

And you complain that it’s time for every ride to be rethemed. We all settle into what we like.
I really enjoy the stunt show. Is there any rumblings on using the land behind the show for a couple of attractions? Star Tours could be possibly re themed to Indy. There is potential there. On a side note, I wish The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles will be released on Disney+

PB Watermelon

Duh, I'm referring to the fact that he puts Nazi's and/or aliens in most of his movies. Wake up people, drink your coffee.

Most? Out of 32 mainstream feature films, 9 have aliens or nazis.

*Sugarland Express (no aliens, no nazis)
*Jaws (no aliens, no nazis)

Close Encounters (aliens)
1941 (nazis)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (nazis)
E. T. (aliens)
*Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (no aliens, no nazis)
*The Color Purple (no aliens, no nazis)
*Empire of the Sun (no aliens, no nazis)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (nazis)
*Always (no aliens, no nazis)
*Hook (no aliens, no nazis)
*Jurassic Park (no aliens, no nazis)

Schindler's List (nazis)
*The Lost World: Jurassic Park (no aliens, no nazis)
*Amistad (no aliens, no nazis)

Saving Private Ryan (nazis)
*A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (no aliens, no nazis)
*Minority Report (no aliens, no nazis)
*Catch Me If You Can (no aliens, no nazis)
*The Terminal (no aliens, no nazis)

War of the Worlds (aliens)
*Munich (no aliens, no nazis)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (aliens)
*The Adventures of Tintin (no aliens, no nazis)
*War Horse (no aliens, no nazis)
*Lincoln (no aliens, no nazis)
*Bridge of Spies (no aliens, no nazis)
*The BFG (no aliens, no nazis)
*The Post (no aliens, no nazis)
*Ready Player One (no aliens, no nazis)
*West Side Story (no aliens, no nazis)

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

I really enjoy the stunt show. Is there any rumblings on using the land behind the show for a couple of attractions? Star Tours could be possibly re themed to Indy. There is potential there. On a side note, I wish The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles will be released on Disney+
There’s absolutely no Indiana Jones content going on Disney+, which makes me a little scared about the franchises future in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom