Indiana Jones stunt show update?

eddie104

Off the top of my head....

Cars Land (3 rides)
Little Mermaid ride (replaced a lame show)
Red Car Trolley
WOC
Paint the Night
GOTG:MB (admittedly a replacement)
SW: Galaxy's Edge (2 rides)

And has the Marvel area and MMRR planned.

Meanwhile at WDW, after a decade of complete stagnation, we've seen...
New Fantasyland (2 rides, but lost one to make a M&G)
Pandora (2 rides)
TSL (2 new rides)
Rivers of Light
Frozen Ever After (replacement)
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

and yet to come...
SW:GE (unlike DL replaced other attractions)
GOTG ride (replacement)
MMRR (replacement)
Ratatouille (hey a new build!)
Tron

but lost... nighttime parade at MK, day parade at DHS, day parade at DAK without replacements. Also, Stitch (no great loss, but still no replacement). Also Innovations closed (not huge, but it was a nice little diversion and Sum of All Thrills was pretty good). WoL shuttered early in Iger's tenure.

(I'm not mentioning stuff like Forever or Happily Every After that basically replaced similar offerings)

Not to mention that DLR tends to get enhancements (e.g. BTMRR explosions, Hatbox Ghost, updating the FL dark rides) while WDW... doesn't.

Considering that WDW has four parks and two of which were underbuilt from the start and another has been slowly left to decay, the resort should be getting a ton more investment. The current spending spree for WDW only begins start to make up for the ignoring done in the first decade of Iger's time (and late Eisner to be fair). There still needs to be a ton more investment to get the parks where they need to be for the crowds that come.
Well we can agree that WDW needs more investment long term. Also we are talking major investment not just some ride refurbishments which both parks give or take get sporadically. Time to let go of the past and move on as we getting stuff no need to beat a dead horse.

Also some people feel the complete opposite of you

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Well we can agree that WDW needs more investment long term. Also we are talking major investment not just some ride refurbishments which both parks give or take get sporadically. Time to let go of the past and move on as we getting stuff no need to beat a dead horse.

Also some people feel the complete opposite of you View attachment 388712View attachment 388713

lol, those twits don't have any clue what they're talking about. DL always gets the $$$. They're also smaller, so the work they do out there is more focused and intricate. If WDW got priority, all of FL would've got refurbed. Now it's half painted plywood on one side and beautifully ornate on the other. If WDW got priority, half of Epcots attractions wouldn't have had to wait 30 years to be refurbed/replaced. If WDW got priority, we would've saw SM get a new track 5 years ago. If WDW got priority, BTMR would've got the effects on the lift hill before DL (still waiting for this in WDW). I could go on and on and on and on, but in short, these two really don't have a clue.

aladdin2007

Also some people feel the complete opposite of you View attachment 388712View attachment 388713

what is ROTCR, sorry I know I should know this.......

eddie104

lol, those twits don't have any clue what they're talking about. DL always gets the $$$. They're also smaller, so the work they do out there is more focused and intricate. If WDW got priority, all of FL would've got refurbed. Now it's half painted plywood on one side and beautifully ornate on the other. If WDW got priority, half of Epcots attractions wouldn't have had to wait 30 years to be refurbed/replaced. If WDW got priority, we would've saw SM get a new track 5 years ago. If WDW got priority, BTMR would've got the effects on the lift hill before DL (still waiting for this in WDW). I could go on and on and on and on, but in short, these two really don't have a clue.
I understand what your saying but in general they have announced a ton of things for WDW the last D23 and since then. It’s not just them two either and I’ve always felt bad for them because were constantly getting stuff lately. Look at Disney Springs versus their Downtown Disney 😂
what is ROTCR, sorry I know I should know this.......
Rise of the Resistance which is opening here first. 🙃

rle4lunch

I understand what your saying but in general they have announced a ton of things for WDW the last D23 and since then. It’s not just them two either and I’ve always felt bad for them because were constantly getting stuff lately. Look at Disney Springs versus their Downtown Disney 😂
Rise of the Resistance which is opening here first. 🙃

I understand why DD is the way it is. They're space constrained and do a lot of deals with anaheim for tourism sales and stuff. All the WDW stuff we're now getting is 15 years overdue, whilst DL has been getting a steady stream of upgrades and refurbs since Carsland was built.

eddie104

I understand why DD is the way it is. They're space constrained and do a lot of deals with anaheim for tourism sales and stuff. All the WDW stuff we're now getting is 15 years overdue, whilst DL has been getting a steady stream of upgrades and refurbs since Carsland was built.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this. With this whole GE disaster let’s hope both parks continue to get investment.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this. With this whole GE disaster let’s hope both parks continue to get investment.
What will be interesting is if Galaxy's Edge is a huge success in DHS and not in DL. That may lead them to the conclusion that the ROI is better in FL.

Haymarket2008

That really sucks because I was really looking forward to an upcoming Indiana Jones themed land at possibly Disney’s animal kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood studios.

Allegedly, any further Indy content will be at Hollywood Studios and will most likely consist of more content than just the stunt show. If anything, I don’t see the Stunt Show lasting that much longer.

jt04

That really sucks because I was really looking forward to an upcoming Indiana Jones themed land at possibly Disney’s animal kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood studios.

Who says there won't be eventually? Although I do think that keeping the stunt show for now was the smart move. The park couldn't give up that capacity.

So if and when they decide to add Indy it will likely be at DAK or MK. And that probably depends on where the franchise is headed to in the long term.

Meanwhile we have the usual pre D23 radio silence.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Is this still the thread about Indiana Jones?

I’m guessing any updates will see a reduction of stunt men and an increase in video content.
If the abandonment of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Land to focus on Rey and Kylo is any indication, I fully expect Chapek and Co to create a new Indiana Jones land, set in the 1960’s, and following Shia LaBeouf’s character from Crystal Skull as he fights space aliens without reference to Harrison Ford’s character.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who says there won't be eventually? Although I do think that keeping the stunt show for now was the smart move. The park couldn't give up that capacity.

So if and when they decide to add Indy it will likely be at DAK or MK. And that probably depends on where the franchise is headed to in the long term.

Meanwhile we have the usual pre D23 radio silence.
Likely DHS.

ToTBellHop

Who game these morons a smart phone? Mom and Dad need to set stricter limits.

GlacierGlacier

Even though I wouldn’t prefer it, if they just decided to clone IJA (slightly updated) at DHS, I would be very happy.

I’d really be happy for any new Indy stuff at DHS. Even better fit for the park than Star Wars imo.
Even just the Tokyo implementation of IJA with the electric actuators instead of hydraulic would be nice.

But Indy is always appreciated.

Here what I’m hoping for the newly revamped DHS when the future overhaul is completed
1. Cars Land
2. Monsters INC
3. Incredibles
4. Some Marvel Stuff if they can do it now since Fox Disney and Marvel are now partners with Black Panther rumored to be traded for Alien at Universal probably T’Challa is better off at DAK
5. Indy Land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom