Indiana Jones stunt show update?

rle4lunch

I just had a wonderful thought about the new Indy ride overlaying the current stunt show.... Enclose the current area and turn it into the pre-show/queue area. Theme it as a walk through of the university he taught at, mixed with some of the rare artifacts he found in his adventures (making them interactive of course, like 'don't open the ark!', or 'don't drink the blood!', you get it).. then you get into your shanghai pirates style ride vehicle/boat and do the dew.

ThemeParkTraveller

California's version is better.

I used to think the same. But other than the Chamber of Destiny (sadly not as impressive now compared to when the room actually moved to give the illusion of entering different doors), I now prefer almost everything else about the TDS version. Having been on both recently, I really noticed how much more updated and visually striking it was compared to the DL version. An ideal clone for me would be the DL 1995 version (with every single defunct effect) but with the TDS level of polish and fireball effect in place of the lame rat room.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

California's version is better.
Yea, I used to think this too and honestly they are close. If it was in its 1995 version with every single defunct effect in it and working, combined with the superior maintenance and polish and the fireball effect, than it would easily be better.

But right now currently, TDS’s version is better.
The TDS version has a unique story and setting, is themed very differently. The ride vehicles in Japan also use a different technology (electromagnetic actuators instead of the hydraulics) to power its motion platform.
It also has two special effects not seen in the original version: A swirling vortex in the largest chamber of the Temple, and a fireball shot right at the ride vehicle. (which is far better than the rat room in DL). As also stated above, there are more 3D props specifically the warriors in the scene before the boulder, compared to just painted ones on the wall in DL.
Lastly, you can always rely on Tokyo’s effects and everything working properly, all the time! It is more updated and visually striking and appealing than California’s.

duder

Ill echo some of the others. I used to think DL's was better, but after recently returning from Anaheim, I have to give Tokyo the edge. There were a lot of missing effects in DL, and it seems 'flatter' than Tokyo

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They both have their pros and cons. The original has the legendary queue, John Rhys-Davies as Sallah, and fireball effects. The Tokyo version is very detailed and the lighting is interesting but the music score is laughably out of sync during the boulder scene. That kind of kills it for me.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 24, 2019. The long construction wall along the Indiana Jones attraction along the pathway to the Backlot Express and Star Tours was removed. As reported earlier, a new outdoor bar was installed here, "Oasis Canteen." At times there was a temporary kiosk bar positioned here.

IMG_2326.JPG

RSoxNo1

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 24, 2019. The long construction wall along the Indiana Jones attraction along the pathway to the Backlot Express and Star Tours was removed. As reported earlier, a new outdoor bar was installed here, "Oasis Canteen." At times there was a temporary kiosk bar positioned here.

View attachment 413979
The name changed to Epic Eats back on June 20th, I guess they determined that the Epic Eats name is why they're not getting the Galaxy's Edge attendance boost so they've switched back.

Last edited:

dhslxop

The name changed to Epic Eats back on June 20th, I guess they determined that the Epic Eats name is why they're not getting the Galaxy's Edge attednance boost so they've switched back.
Epic Eats (the old Oasis Canteen) is still there as the funnel cake place. The new Oasis Canteen is the bar that is next to Epic Eats.

mergatroid

Was at the show earlier this week and there was no rolling boulder scene. The doors opened and there was nothing there and the 'director' yelled "Cut" and it moved on as normal minus the gag where the boulder would be walked back. Anyone know whether they're repairing the boulder or something at the moment?

YodaMan

Was at the show earlier this week and there was no rolling boulder scene. The doors opened and there was nothing there and the 'director' yelled "Cut" and it moved on as normal minus the gag where the boulder would be walked back. Anyone know whether they're repairing the boulder or something at the moment?

The boulder is fine. If the pedestal with the idol doesn’t properly descend into the set piece during the scene then they have to cut the boulder roll and move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom