In search of a puppy...

Peaches Magee

Ok so I didnt see the pics of the pup till after I posted, she is gorgeous!!
You settle on a name?
You picked some great ones!

visit savetheboxers.com great site and have lots of names on there too.
They have Sophie and Suki... I thought those were pretty cool.. but I love Laila... Yeah by first Boxer was Tyson... fit really well, Bruno now, and had a friend that names their girl Sugar (Sugar Ray) and Lola.. thats always cute too. Cant wait too see more pics! They are soo sweet! Fun and loving.
Good luck! :sohappy:

TiggerBW

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually picking up my new puppy tomorrow!!!! Can't wait!

Good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tigggrl

Congrats Bri! She's very sweet looking! Im sure she will thrive at your house:)
I have decided if I get a dog or even another cat, they would be named "Mulligan". You know, like in golf, basically "Do Over" as many dogs and cats are rescued, and given a Do Over!

Connor002

Congrats Bri! She's very sweet looking! Im sure she will thrive at your house:)
I have decided if I get a dog or even another cat, they would be named "Mulligan". You know, like in golf, basically "Do Over" as many dogs and cats are rescued, and given a Do Over!
I love Mulligans... best part of golfing... :lookaroun

barnum42

This is him now...
2ujtweh.jpg

That has to be the most serious look I have ever seen from a boxer :lol:

Still gorgeous, but I'm so used to seeing their clown side :wave:

She does look quite thoughtful...:lol:

Congrats ont the pup!!!! It is very exciting (and a little challenging!) We just brought our new pup (Bernese Mountain Dog, I had pretty much the same requirements as you) home on Tuesday...I've rather fallen in love with the little .

Best wishes!!!:sohappy:

Erika

I heard back from another shelter (out in Oklahoma) and it seems that they are really interested in me as a foster family (not Lucy) as they just took in a litter of 7 Boxer puppies from "an unqualified" household two weeks ago. During the application process I told them what I was looking for in a Boxer and they have one that fits the mold. They also said that they usually like to keep the dogs local but since they received so many, they'd like to set up the puppies as soon as possible because they are much easier to place in homes as puppies.

We've been going back in forth with questions they've had (really good ones too!) like..."If you were at a point in your life and you couldn't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for, what would you do?" They also asked me to send them pictures of the living arrangements, square footage inside the house that the dog will have access to, etc.

Needless to say, I have to pay for shipping and a donation to the shelter...and, after one last "vet checkup" before handing her over...she can be mine :)

Here are some pics of her.

Oh Brian, she is so adorable! Congratulations!

Those are pretty standard questions-- you wouldn't believe some of the returns we used to get! Some of them were sad, unavoidable situations, but others just made me so angry.

Enjoy your new baby!

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Oh Brian, she is so adorable! Congratulations!

Those are pretty standard questions-- you wouldn't believe some of the returns we used to get! Some of them were sad, unavoidable situations, but others just made me so angry.

Enjoy your new baby!

She arrives at Logan at 5:07 tomorrow :) :sohappy:

Poor little girl has a layover in Cinci :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Wish I could :lol:

We are getting our own puppy plans in place now. :)

Step number 1: Get out of the basement.

Um... ALMOST check!

Hehe...I don't even have her yet...and I'm $150 in the hole :lol:

Between the bowls, toys, bed, food, treats, leash, collar, yard lead, training pads, car mats, and doggy car restraint... hehe...all worth it.

Peaches Magee

haha I know he had just woke up so he was a little groggy. hehe
I have lots of tounge out goofy pics. he is such a good dog!

Yaya post pics when the sweetie gets to you.
Can't wait! They are like the cutest freggin puppies too!

barnum42

Hehe...I don't even have her yet...and I'm $150 in the hole :lol:

Between the bowls, toys, bed, food, treats, leash, collar, yard lead, training pads, car mats, and doggy car restraint... hehe...all worth it.

Ahh, but what a hole! :D

One of the things that we found a pleasant surprise money wise, was food. Having read up on the pros and cons of various foods, the type that got most thumbs up was complete dry food. So much cheaper than cans and by all accounts better for them.

Bramble pretty much eats as much as she wants and has not porked out on a dry food only diet :clap:

It also makes clearing up what comes out the other end easier ;)

miles1

Labs are great and very loyal - we loved ours for 13 years. The only problem is the tend to be a bit hyper for a few years until they mature, it can be worked around though. Our was very protective of the kids and her territory, but gentle.

I second this motion. We're on our third Lab, Tucker, who was a rescue dog. He had spent most of his early life in various pounds and shelters, yet was totallly house trained and followed simple commands. Like Tigsmom said, he's great with the kids and is very protective of them and our home. He's OK with the cat, as long as the cat doesn't try to get too much attention. He was about 18 to 24 months when we adopted him, so he was past most of the Lab puppy destructive behavior when we got him.

Our previous chocolate Lab, Miles, was a pure bread. He was a great dog with the same temperment, but as others have said, had many medical problems like underactive thyroid, skin conditions, and finally esophogeal cancer. As a puppy, we went through many braided rugs and paperback books, which were delicacies for a lab puppy.

Good luck with your choice.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
No puppy today :(

I guess Delta won't fly "Snub" dogs in temperatures over 70 degrees so we rescheduled and we're getting her out first thing on Thursday morning...before the temperatures rise. (All other animals are 85 degrees and up).

This could actually work out better...I'm taking Friday off and then I'll have the entire weekend with her whereas if I got her today, she'd be home alone on Thursday and Friday (we need to take her to the vet and get a checkup prior to signing her up for daycare)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom