In search of a puppy...

k.hunter30

Again, ADORABLE! I'm very impressed with all the research they're doing into you. It's nice to know that they're looking out for the puppies. How would they get her to you?

Does this one have a name? If not, have any in mind?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Again, ADORABLE! I'm very impressed with all the research they're doing into you. It's nice to know that they're looking out for the puppies. How would they get her to you?

Does this one have a name? If not, have any in mind?

The last thing they want to do is put a dog into ANOTHER bad environment. It's almost as extensive as adopting a child :lol: The problem with dogs though...there is an overabundance of them...so you can adopt a dog a lot faster than a child (although, certain breeds and getting exactly what you're looking for could take just as long!)

They actually will ship her out to me on a plane...I'll have to go and pick her up at the airport. (It's like putting a child on a plane).

She doesn't have a name...actually the shelter was having a "Name this puppy" contest for her and her brothers and sisters...but one hadn't been given to her.

I have about 7 names lined up.

1. Laila (named after Mohammed Ali's daughter)
2. Ali (not pronounced the same... "Ah-lee" but the accent on the "Ah and not the "Li")
3. Maggie
4. Marcy (for Marciano)
5. Shelby (my favorite car)
6. Sadie (no reason...just like the name)
7. Jada (no reason, just like the name)

Nemo14

I heard back from another shelter (out in Oklahoma) and it seems that they are really interested in me as a foster family (not Lucy) as they just took in a litter of 7 Boxer puppies from "an unqualified" household two weeks ago. During the application process I told them what I was looking for in a Boxer and they have one that fits the mold. They also said that they usually like to keep the dogs local but since they received so many, they'd like to set up the puppies as soon as possible because they are much easier to place in homes as puppies.

We've been going back in forth with questions they've had (really good ones too!) like..."If you were at a point in your life and you couldn't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for, what would you do?" They also asked me to send them pictures of the living arrangements, square footage inside the house that the dog will have access to, etc.

Needless to say, I have to pay for shipping and a donation to the shelter...and, after one last "vet checkup" before handing her over...she can be mine :)

Here are some pics of her.

The last thing they want to do is put a dog into ANOTHER bad environment. It's almost as extensive as adopting a child :lol: The problem with dogs though...there is an overabundance of them...so you can adopt a dog a lot faster than a child (although, certain breeds and getting exactly what you're looking for could take just as long!)

They actually will ship her out to me on a plane...I'll have to go and pick her up at the airport. (It's like putting a child on a plane).

She doesn't have a name...actually the shelter was having a "Name this puppy" contest for her and her brothers and sisters...but one hadn't been given to her.

I have about 7 names lined up.

1. Laila (named after Mohammed Ali's daughter)
2. Ali (not pronounced the same... "Ah-lee" but the accent on the "Ah and not the "Li")
3. Maggie
4. Marcy (for Marciano)
5. Shelby (my favorite car)
6. Sadie (no reason...just like the name)
7. Jada (no reason, just like the name)

OMG Brian - she's soooo cute. How soon could you get her?
BTW, I'd vote for Marcy I think....

The adorable kitty in my avatar is Layla....don't be fooled by her sweet appearance....she is quite the wild child!:D

Love the puppy! Such a cutie!

k.hunter30

I love the name Shelby for her... :D

Believe it or not, we named our pug (which, I hate to admit it, some people think aren't very good-looking dogs) "Bella." Personally, I think the name was perfect.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
OMG Brian - she's soooo cute. How soon could you get her?
BTW, I'd vote for Marcy I think....

Well, I'm still waiting to hear back from the shelter, I asked that exact question. I'm sure if the check-up (which is today) goes perfect, then they'll ship out ASAP.

I love the name Shelby for her... :D

Believe it or not, we named our pug (which, I hate to admit it, some people think aren't very good-looking dogs) "Bella." Personally, I think the name was perfect.

Bella was on our list! (Lady and the Tramp "Bella Notte")

barnum42

Regarding the rules shelters impose on adopting a dog - of the two near my GF, one would not let her adopt as she did not have a garden.

The other would rather house a dog with a willing person than destroy it because of a lack of garden. That's where we found Bramble. A year ago this weekend. As we all know it's worked out well

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I just got an email back...it looks like everything is A-OK with her...I should receive her on Tuesday!!! :sohappy:

pinkrose

Any dog you keep penned up in the house will be destructive. It's like a kid...if you don't exercise them, they become destructive and too hyper to actually be IN the house. (Plus, they'll get overweight).

I bet now that they're walking/running him...he's better in the house.

He was only pent up while they were at work.

Peaches Magee

I vote BOXER!

I have one, Bruno...he is now 5 years old and such a sweetie!
He adores our other dog, (a Beagle girl, Bailey, they are great dogs too but you said u don't want a yelper, well they are hounds, so nevermind hehe)

He is great with our son, always has been. We never had him interact with cats or any other dogs other than Bailey so he really doesn't care for other dogs much, but only cause he never interacted with them, they are usually good with all animals as long as you make them familiar to them as earlier as possible as a pup. We had another boxer before Bruno, but he got hit by a car at one year old and we had to put him down, it was awful, but a month went by and I missed his face sooo much we went and got another Boxer immediately! hehe

here are some pics. :)

As a pup...
2j5e4xs.jpg

This is him now...
2ujtweh.jpg

and me and my Bailey for kicks....
Beagles are very lovable but need LOTS of attention. :)
2mhzv46.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom