In search of a puppy...

BeachClubVillas

No puppy today :(

I guess Delta won't fly "Snub" dogs in temperatures over 70 degrees so we rescheduled and we're getting her out first thing on Thursday morning...before the temperatures rise. (All other animals are 85 degrees and up).

This could actually work out better...I'm taking Friday off and then I'll have the entire weekend with her whereas if I got her today, she'd be home alone on Thursday and Friday (we need to take her to the vet and get a checkup prior to signing her up for daycare)

Aw, that's not fair. Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "snub" dog? Is it something to do with their noses?

I volunteer to dogsit whenever you need to!

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Aw, that's not fair. Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "snub" dog? Is it something to do with their noses?

I volunteer to dogsit whenever you need to!

I guess...

Pugs, Bulldogs, Boxers, Boston Terriers, and even some cats.

I'm assuming it's dogs with short snouts. (I think it has to do with the airway situation because I know those types of dogs are prone to breathing problems)

k.hunter30

No puppy today :(

I guess Delta won't fly "Snub" dogs in temperatures over 70 degrees so we rescheduled and we're getting her out first thing on Thursday morning...before the temperatures rise. (All other animals are 85 degrees and up).

This could actually work out better...I'm taking Friday off and then I'll have the entire weekend with her whereas if I got her today, she'd be home alone on Thursday and Friday (we need to take her to the vet and get a checkup prior to signing her up for daycare)
aww... :( And I checked in just to see some pictures... Well, I'll keep checking in! Did you pick a final name yet?

lunalovegoddess

I heard back from another shelter (out in Oklahoma) and it seems that they are really interested in me as a foster family (not Lucy) as they just took in a litter of 7 Boxer puppies from "an unqualified" household two weeks ago. During the application process I told them what I was looking for in a Boxer and they have one that fits the mold. They also said that they usually like to keep the dogs local but since they received so many, they'd like to set up the puppies as soon as possible because they are much easier to place in homes as puppies.

We've been going back in forth with questions they've had (really good ones too!) like..."If you were at a point in your life and you couldn't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for, what would you do?" They also asked me to send them pictures of the living arrangements, square footage inside the house that the dog will have access to, etc.

Needless to say, I have to pay for shipping and a donation to the shelter...and, after one last "vet checkup" before handing her over...she can be mine :)

Here are some pics of her.

:sohappy:She's adorable! Good luck with her.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Here is the full list of "short-nosed" animals that fall under the 70 degree rule.

Dogs:
American Bull Dog
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Brussels Griffin
Bulldog
Bull Terrier
Chinese Pug
Chow Chow
Dutch Pug
English Bulldog
English Toy Spaniel
French Bulldog
Lhasa Apso
Japanese Boxer
Japanese Pug
Japanese Spaniel (Chin)
Mastiff (all breeds)
Pekinese
Pit Bull
Pug
Shar Pei
Shih Tzu
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Tibetan Spaniel

Cats:
Burmese
Exotic
Himalayan
Persian

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Down with Delta.

Well, today's the day the puppy comes in.

Here's the flight information as of last night.

1. Fly from Tulsa to Atlanta
2. Fly from Atlanta to Boston (arrival time...about the time I get out of work).

Now...the flight information changes...and it's a later arrival time.

I call Delta because I want to know exactly what time I need to be at the airport. I have a reference number and I'm given the information that was scanned for that particular ref. number.

She left Tulsa this morning...then flew into Cincinatti...and left Cincinnati this afternoon and will be in Boston about the time I get out of work.

Umm...WHAT? Where did Cincinatti come from? (and more importantly...why is my reference number, which has my name assigned to it, have something being electronically scanned in the wrong airport???)

Needless to say, this puppy has been off of Delta's radar for about 5 hours now.

But, there's more. I called Delta back and they contacted the Tulsa airport. (This is about 1:30)...and they tell me that she hasn't even left Tulsa! What?!??!! Now, she'll be flying to Atlanta...and arrive in Boston LATE tonight. UMM...Are they just pulling these times out of the air?

Now, the shelter is all in a panic so they call Delta...and speak to a supervisor to straighten it out. They give her a completely different flight number and arrival time than they JUST gave me. (At least Cincinatti's out of the picture).

So, even now...Delta can't tell me what flight and what time she will be arriving. They've narrowed it down to 2 flights...and times...but can't tell me which one she'll be on (and it's not like the 2 flights arrive even remotely close in time).

But, this is the problem...this poor puppy has been at the airport in a crate since 6:30AM my time...and may not get to me until LATE tonight. I know the shelter packed her with water and food and told them that she must be fed and hydrated throughout the layover...but if they don't even know where/when she is...are we sure that those instructions got passed on?!?!?!

How can you misplace a puppy?!?!?!?

pinkrose

Down with Delta.

2. Fly from Atlanta to Boston (arrival time...about the time I get out of work).

I call Delta because I want to know exactly what time I need to be at the airport. I have a reference number and I'm given the information that was scanned for that particular ref. number.

She left Tulsa this morning...then flew into Cincinatti...and left Cincinnati this afternoon and will be in Boston about the time I get out of work.

Umm...WHAT? Where did Cincinatti come from? (and more importantly...why is my reference number, which has my name assigned to it, have something being electronically scanned in the wrong airport???)

Needless to say, this puppy has been off of Delta's radar for about 5 hours now.

But, there's more. I called Delta back and they contacted the Tulsa airport. (This is about 1:30)...and they tell me that she hasn't even left Tulsa! What?!??!! Now, she'll be flying to Atlanta...and arrive in Boston LATE tonight. UMM...Are they just pulling these times out of the air?

Now, the shelter is all in a panic so they call Delta...and speak to a supervisor to straighten it out. They give her a completely different flight number and arrival time than they JUST gave me. (At least Cincinatti's out of the picture).

So, even now...Delta can't tell me what flight and what time she will be arriving. They've narrowed it down to 2 flights...and times...but can't tell me which one she'll be on (and it's not like the 2 flights arrive even remotely close in time).

But, this is the problem...this poor puppy has been at the airport in a crate since 6:30AM my time...and may not get to me until LATE tonight. I know the shelter packed her with water and food and told them that she must be fed and hydrated throughout the layover...but if they don't even know where/when she is...are we sure that those instructions got passed on?!?!?!

That's messed up. Poor puppy. :( I'd call them and make sure they are also walking her.

((HUGS))...hopefully it won't be too much longer until she arrives to her new home! :sohappy:

barnum42

Holy Crap!

You've probably heard my tirade at the incompetence of Delta after my recent trip to PA.

It's one thing to mistreat and lose luggage, but to do it to a living being is unforgivable.

Hope you find a way to come down on them like the proverbial ton of bricks. :fork:

k.hunter30

Down with Delta.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! :eek: :fork: :fork: :fork:

MouseMadness

She arrives at Logan at 5:07 tomorrow :) :sohappy:

Poor little girl has a layover in Cinci :lol:

Down with Delta.

I thougth Cincy was the original plan anyway :shrug:

At any rate, hope she's out of there soon! :( Good luck!

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I thougth Cincy was the original plan anyway :shrug:

At any rate, hope she's out of there soon! :( Good luck!

Yes, Cincy was the plan for Tuesday's delivery...but that got shot down because of the temperature in Oklahoma...the "quickest" route to get her here on Thursday was through Atlanta.

I guess not afterall.

k.hunter30

"Show me the puppy! Show me the ..." :lookaroun

I hope everything worked out and this morning you're waking up with a new member of your family...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom