In search of a puppy...

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Aww *hugs*

And the same goes for our beagle.

I think they are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for. Much like cats-- it's not that they don't understand what you want them to do, they just don't see the point :shrug: :lol: They live life on their own terms.

:lol: I was reading up on the English Bulldog and they say that they prioritize...and put things in order or importance to them. :lol:

Me: Sit!
Dog: *ponders*...*walks over to food dish, grabs a nibble or two...walks back in front of me...sits*

MouseMadness

Aww *hugs*

And the same goes for our beagle.

I think they are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for. Much like cats-- it's not that they don't understand what you want them to do, they just don't see the point :shrug: :lol: They live life on their own terms.

I am a bad pet owner... I did NOT research before I got him.

But HELLO, have you EVER seen a beagle puppy? Like I'm supposed to not just take him home on the spot. :lookaroun

But it was funny, when I took him to the vet once, and the dog "sat" on command, and the vet said "HOw'd you manage to get him to do that?! :eek: "

:ROFLOL:

MouseMadness

Beagle%20puppy%20reduced.jpg

See! Surely I'm cleared of any suspicions of irresponsibility now. :lookaroun

BeachClubVillas

Oh dear God!!! I thought I had moved on from wanting a beagle to wanting a sheltie. But that picture just did me in. :eek:

Brian, what shelter is Lucy at? I may have to take a ride over and meet her. :drevil: :lol:

pinkrose

I am a bad pet owner... I did NOT research before I got him.

But HELLO, have you EVER seen a beagle puppy? Like I'm supposed to not just take him home on the spot. :lookaroun

But it was funny, when I took him to the vet once, and the dog "sat" on command, and the vet said "HOw'd you manage to get him to do that?! :eek: "

:ROFLOL:

I thought I had researched enough on Goldens before getting Jasmine. Somewhere I missed the part about how hard Godlen puppyhood is. :lol: My house will never be the same. She was (and still is, but much better), like a toddler. She is full of personality though and keeps us laughing. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Oh dear God!!! I thought I had moved on from wanting a beagle to wanting a sheltie. But that picture just did me in. :eek:

Brian, what shelter is Lucy at? I may have to take a ride over and meet her. :drevil: :lol:

*ties your rear axle to a fire hydrant*

Umm...

She's at the Rocky Marciano Shelter for Boxers :lookaroun

MouseMadness

:lol:

I suppose we'll probably end up with a lab, but I'm still pushing for my rhodesian ridgeback. :lookaroun

Tigggrl

Oh definately! I mean, the are such little heartbreakers! We had taken one in that a fellow breeder had. The poor little guy was a runt, and not eating properly. We have fed puppies by bottle before, as we were breeders as well. (also fed rabbits and a racoon that way too) His name was Gizmo, after we had just seen Gremlins. Now We never had a beagle in the house full time. And Gizmo was a smart little . Everytime we mentioned it may be time for him to join the others in the kennel, he would curl up on the beanbag chair and look just pitiful. Needless to say, he stayed in the house!

Oh, And My English Bulldog never left my side....He was fiercely loyal and protective.:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I live for those dog shows! :lookaroun

My mom keeps wanting another dog, but geez we already have 3 :lol:

My girlfriend wants me to get two puppies now :lol:

(This, the NON-dog lover...who was SOOOOO against me getting one...I showed her the Boxer and now she's more excited than I am!)

We actually saw a guy with one last night and we went over and talked to him and he really sold us on it.

pinkrose

My girlfriend wants me to get two puppies now :lol:

(This, the NON-dog lover...who was SOOOOO against me getting one...I showed her the Boxer and now she's more excited than I am!)

We actually saw a guy with one last night and we went over and talked to him and he really sold us on it.

I have a neighbor with a boxer. He's a mess. They had him gated in their kitchen while they were at work (puppy) and he jumped it. He ate ther wedding album, and tore up several other things.
I always laugh because now that he's bigger, I'll see his owner on rollerblades, letting the dog pull him down the street. :lol: That's how they burn off his extra energy. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I have a neighbor with a boxer. He's a mess. They had him gated in their kitchen while they were at work (puppy) and he jumped it. He ate ther wedding album, and tore up several other things.
I always laugh because now that he's bigger, I'll see his owner on rollerblades, letting the dog pull him down the street. :lol: That's how they burn off his extra energy. :lol:

Any dog you keep penned up in the house will be destructive. It's like a kid...if you don't exercise them, they become destructive and too hyper to actually be IN the house. (Plus, they'll get overweight).

I bet now that they're walking/running him...he's better in the house.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I heard back from another shelter (out in Oklahoma) and it seems that they are really interested in me as a foster family (not Lucy) as they just took in a litter of 7 Boxer puppies from "an unqualified" household two weeks ago. During the application process I told them what I was looking for in a Boxer and they have one that fits the mold. They also said that they usually like to keep the dogs local but since they received so many, they'd like to set up the puppies as soon as possible because they are much easier to place in homes as puppies.

We've been going back in forth with questions they've had (really good ones too!) like..."If you were at a point in your life and you couldn't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for, what would you do?" They also asked me to send them pictures of the living arrangements, square footage inside the house that the dog will have access to, etc.

Needless to say, I have to pay for shipping and a donation to the shelter...and, after one last "vet checkup" before handing her over...she can be mine :)

Here are some pics of her.

Attachments

• Baby02a.JPG
    Baby02a.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 1
  • Baby01a.JPG
    Baby01a.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom