In search of a puppy...

Shaman

The one dog I would never ever ever EVER attempt again:

The Beagle. :lookaroun :dazzle: :lol:

:lol:
Why? My bro loves beagles...of course he's never had to care for one...I've heard all sorts of horror stories.

*crosses fingers*

I just sent in an application to rescue this lil girl.

I melted when I found her.

Aww. What breed is she?

Thanks guys and gals!

(I should've put you all as references :lol: )

That would probably have ruined your chances. :lookaroun :lol:

Number_6

okay, I am putting my vote in for a corgi...mainly because I want one myself. :lookaroun I just fell in love with those little lowriders! But I am curious, if you get a puppy from a breeder do they assume you want a show dog? :shrug:

I haven't gotten a dog from a breeder, but I did get both my cats from breeders. All they did was ask if we were planning on showing them at all and since we weren't, we were made to sign a form saying that we would get them fixed so that we didn't get show quality kittens from our cats, which we were going to get them fixed anyway. The bonus for that was since we wanted them for pets and not for show, the breeders both knocked $100 off the cost of getting them. Odds are, it works pretty much the same for getting a dog from a breeder.

Number_6

*crosses fingers*

Good luck, Brian. I used to ride the train into work when I worked in Boston and there was a guy on there that brought his Boxer to work everyday. He said his dog was one of the most laid back dogs he had ever seen. He had kids that liked to climb on its back when it was laying down and tugged on its ears, and the dog never even growled at them for it. So I would have to say that a Boxer is a very good choice based on what you are looking for.

sarahwiggles99

Anyone have some opinions on the King Charles Spaniel?? I think they are a perfect size dog, and cute too!

They are good with kids and they are cute but they bark alot. My backdoor neighbors have one and I babysit for them and he is great with their 3 kids....but the barking.

fyi I can hear him barking right now from my family room:lol:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
She's a cutie. Hope you get her. (I've a soft spot for boxers)

You happy with the name, or will you give her a new one?

Actually, she looks like a Lucy. The only problem with it is that a good friend/coworker of mine also has a puppy (Bull Mastiff) and her name is Lucy. Since we see each other a lot...I think it would get confusing :lol:

It all depends...first off, I have to see if I'm granted her, and then...see how along she is as far as name recognition goes.

hcswingfield

Actually, she looks like a Lucy. The only problem with it is that a good friend/coworker of mine also has a puppy (Bull Mastiff) and her name is Lucy. Since we see each other a lot...I think it would get confusing :lol:

It all depends...first off, I have to see if I'm granted her, and then...see how along she is as far as name recognition goes.

Maybe you could name yours Ethel!

jesserin

They live THAT long? I heard their average is 8-9. 13 isn't all that young for a dog. (Although, my parent's dog is 13 and she's as active as the day we got her as a puppy)
A Great Dane Lapdog...hmm...

Speaking of Great Danes...I just ordered the Ugly Dachsund from Amazon :lol:

Ours was 13 when he passed... and his parents lived to be 12 and 15. So they can have long life spans if you get a good one. :) And yes... he thought he was a lap dog... though he was incredibly graceful and rarely tipped anything over... he loved nothing more than to climb up on the sofa and sit with his head in your lap. :lol: (of course... his head was actually BIGGER than my lap. :ROFLOL: but he tried all the same.)

*crosses fingers*

OH MY! She's such a cutie Brian!

The one dog I would never ever ever EVER attempt again:

The Beagle.

Amen. Amen. Amen. Oh my lord, a good friend of mine has a beagle... never met a stupider dog. :lookaroun :lol: SERIOUSLY.

If you change it right when you get her she'll adapt pretty quickly to the new name...

LMAO!!!!

That's actually a good idea :lol:

I was saying that I should take her one-eyed sister and name her Wazowski.

:ROFLOL: PRICELESS.

Tigggrl

What an absolute cutie! I hope you get her....when will you know?

Oh, and BTW, I raised beagles and appaloosa horses growing up. Beagles are a very intelligent breed....and sweet and very loving...I would have one again if I could!

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster

Oh, and BTW, I raised beagles and appaloosa horses growing up. Beagles are a very intelligent breed....and sweet and very loving...I would have one again if I could!

Doesn't she look like a "Nala?"

I may not find out for up to 4 weeks (28 days)

barnum42

Bramble was a "Rosie" when we got her at age about six months. Did not take her wrong to get to know Bramble. So as Jesserin said, it's not that big an issue.

MouseMadness

He was intelligent, sweet, loving... and loud, strong willed, energetic...

:lol: :lookaroun

But I'd give anything to still have him here :(

Erika

He was intelligent, sweet, loving... and loud, strong willed, energetic...

:lol: :lookaroun

But I'd give anything to still have him here :(

Aww *hugs*

And the same goes for our beagle.

I think they are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for. Much like cats-- it's not that they don't understand what you want them to do, they just don't see the point :shrug: :lol: They live life on their own terms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom