In search of a puppy...

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
A golden retriever is not the same as a yellow lab, though many people confuse the two. Here they are side by side:

golden-retriever.jpg
yellow_lab.jpg

Oh, see...I knew they weren't the same...but I thought the Golden Retriever was a lab that was just...well..."golden" (not yellow).

BeachClubVillas

An Akita. :lookaroun :( :cry:

My uncle had an Akita, Kon. She was the sweetest, most loveable dog I have ever met. My little cousins used to hop on her back and ride her around the house like she was a horse. :lol: My uncle used to be a breeder, so he put in a lot of work with his dogs. Kon was unbelievably well-trained and well-loved.

My aunt, on the other hand, had a shih-tzu that used to bit the crap out of anything that moved.

My vote is for a golden retriever!

barnum42

Labs as a breed aren't the brightest dogs in the kennel.
Isn't the Golden Retriever a Lab? It's weird because every lab I know is extremely dumb...runs into things, thinks "sit" means to run around the coffee table 8 times and then run to the front door and bark. That being said...I know 2 different people that have Goldens and they are the most well-behaved dogs.
Labradors and golden retrievers are the two primary breeds that are trained up in the UK as guide dogs for the blind, so they can't be too dumb. German Sheppards are also used, but to a lesser extent.

hcswingfield

We saw an article once that said you can tell how smart a dog was by throwing a towel or an article of clothing over it's head and seeing how long it took the dog to get out from under it. We tried it on our cat. The cat decided it liked being under cover and curled up and took a nap!:lol:

Nemo14

We saw an article once that said you can tell how smart a dog was by throwing a towel or an article of clothing over it's head and seeing how long it took the dog to get out from under it. We tried it on our cat. The cat decided it liked being under cover and curled up and took a nap!:lol:
Sounds like my cat - she naps under the blankets on the bed - we should have named her Lumpy!

Tigggrl

Does your allergy extend to the breeds that don't shed? Both the manufactured ones like the Labradoodles and the naturals - Westies and Poodles?
I am not sure....I have been tested for dogs...and if I go into a pet store, or a friends house with dogs I immediately get allergy symptoms. I would love a westie! I will have to check into it:):wave:

pinkrose

I'm assuming the word was "bathe" :lookaroun

EDIT: You edited so this makes no sense now :lol:

Labs as a breed aren't the brightest dogs in the kennel.
Isn't the Golden Retriever a Lab? It's weird because every lab I know is extremely dumb...runs into things, thinks "sit" means to run around the coffee table 8 times and then run to the front door and bark. That being said...I know 2 different people that have Goldens and they are the most well-behaved dogs.

Tramp...have you knocked up any fine Ladies? :lookaroun

Goldens are very smart dogs. They are capable of "learning" up to 200 words. They make very good rescuce dogs and service dogs.

hcswingfield

Goldens are very smart dogs. They are capable of "learning" up to 200 words. They make very good rescuce dogs and service dogs.

One of my brother's golden lab rescue dogs understood Greek. My sister in law is Greek, and would often give him commands that he would immediately obey, without having to be trained.

Nemo14

One of my brother's golden lab rescue dogs understood Greek. My sister in law is Greek, and would often give him commands that he would immediately obey, without having to be trained.
My dog speaks Feline - she and the cat often converse - it's pretty funny to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom