Imagination Demolition?

EPCOT Explorer

From what I know, Kodak were happy to continue sponsorship, considering all the pies they have their fingers in with Disney. What the Mouse was willing to do to the pavillion and for what percentage is another matter. I`d love to know the reasons they gave Kodak for taking a total change of direction and how they made what they did seem to be an improvement (I can imagine a few reasons they gave myself)

However, Kodak nearly pulled out lock, stock and barrel due to Michael Eisner and George Fisher not exactly seeing eye to eye - Eisner annoyed Fisher more and more with his manner, so much that the Kodak CEO threatened to not renew any sponsorship with TWDC.

Some say JIYI was TWDC getting their own back at the threat....

TWDC?What is that?

EPCOT Explorer

Wow...Thanks.

*hangs head in shame*

But Marni,yeah, that would make more scense.Any Idea why they are allowing this refurb to go over so soon after the last two?

S. Paridon

The attraction has gone down hill so far and so fast I don't see how it could be rectified. They clearly won't go back to the old style. When we were there in June I was thoroughly dissappointed with the ride. It seemed to be a half hearted Figment!

kc1296426

The big push of air in one of the last scenes really annoyed me. I can't imagine being there during the peak times of the year and waiting at least 15 minutes plus on this ride. I wouldn't even go on with no lines. (Not that theres lines there anyway...:lol:)

PrincessMiko

I only rode the original version once when I was 12, and other than having more interesting visuals, I just thought it was okay. The only thing I like about the one now is that Dreamfinder is not in it. I'm sorry, but he was just creepy and wierd to me...

I honestly have never been thrilled with the ride as a whole. I would think they could come up with something soooo much better considering the imagination theme.

Figment on the other hand is one of the most adorable characters in the whole park! Long live Figment! :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow...Thanks.

*hangs head in shame*

But Marni,yeah, that would make more scense.Any Idea why they are allowing this refurb to go over so soon after the last two?
From what I gather, it`s due to the long-time-coming dark ride renaisance (Nemo, Callbros, M.Inc at DCA) with the still lingering knowledge v3 was a quick fix of v2 and that neither match the original. Not to mention current management are more... receptive to Kodak. Also, the pavilion theme is worn now (14 years and counting) and Epcot is seeing a new lease of life. As I`ve said elsewhere the delayed rehab is all good since the scale and scope has grown since the original (sad) budget was tossed around.

Cookie4800

I don't think so...We already saw Figgy leave once and he was promptly brought back because of the fans.I don;t think Disney would be that foolish to do that again.

New Retro in nice though.:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying this! I thought I was going crazy! I remember being on the ride when I was younger and getting very upset because Figment was not there! I then remember going on it the next year and Figment being back!

I thought I was remembering something that didn't happen!

I like the current ride. Although, I do remember loving the original, hating the first change I saw, then loving Figment's return... I guess this is why I always make sure we go on it every trip to Epcot!

EPCOT Explorer

From what I gather, it`s due to the long-time-coming dark ride renaisance (Nemo, Callbros, M.Inc at DCA) with the still lingering knowledge v3 was a quick fix of v2 and that neither match the original. Not to mention current management are more... receptive to Kodak. Also, the pavilion theme is worn now (14 years and counting) and Epcot is seeing a new lease of life. As I`ve said elsewhere the delayed rehab is all good since the scale and scope has grown since the original (sad) budget was tossed around.

Good,glad to hear it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying this! I thought I was going crazy! I remember being on the ride when I was younger and getting very upset because Figment was not there! I then remember going on it the next year and Figment being back!

I thought I was remembering something that didn't happen!

I like the current ride. Although, I do remember loving the original, hating the first change I saw, then loving Figment's return... I guess this is why I always make sure we go on it every trip to Epcot!

Happy to help.:wave:

Figments Friend

.......I can't imagine being there during the peak times of the year and waiting at least 15 minutes plus on this ride. I wouldn't even go on with no lines. (Not that theres lines there anyway...:lol:)

Hehe heh....

The LAST time there was ever a line to get in to see this attraction was during "Celebration 25"! A large group of us went on together and the CM outside actually had to move the wait time numbers to read "30 minutes"! Several people actually filmed this "historic" moment too....it was hilarious!

I suppose the next time this happens...a wait time to get in..will be when they finally reopen after the next re-do. I know i will be curious to see what they do this time around, but PLEASE....NO VIDEO MONITORS!! WE WANT AA's!!!!

EPCOT.nut

Hehe heh....

The LAST time there was ever a line to get in to see this attraction was during "Celebration 25"! A large group of us went on together and the CM outside actually had to move the wait time numbers to read "30 minutes"! Several people actually filmed this "historic" moment too....it was hilarious!

I suppose the next time this happens...a wait time to get in..will be when they finally reopen after the next re-do. I know i will be curious to see what they do this time around, but PLEASE....NO VIDEO MONITORS!! WE WANT AA's!!!!

Hi Jenn! :wave: I remember that day well.......!

mcjaco

Got this off of another Disney fansite. This ends the speculation, and as for a mjor upcoming update, I doubt it. At least not in the next year or two.

We just returned from WDW tonight. We went on Journey into Imagination with Figment on the day that the ride reopened from a small rehab. We found that most of the rehab was done on the Image works and perhaps a paint job in the ride. In the the "imaginary" train room or sound lab, Figment seems to move around a little more or has enhanced audio animatronics. In the Image works, the picture stations were redone with new cameras and added effects. The only problem with the new software is that we could not send pictures home via E-mail. In addition, there is a new floor, more lighting, and the sound squares contain new instrument audios. Are there anymore updates coming up for figment? We miss Dreamfinder!

photoflight

Hehe heh....

I was there in December and there was a decent line, out the door and then some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom