Imagination! Construction at backlot

Lovecraft

I really like the multiple figments in different poses on the picture idea.

Especially how it would be different each time you had a picture taken.

This ride improvement wouldn't be too expensive to pull off AND has an added bonus of encouraging riders to purchase multiple pics on a ride where people just don't buy pictures anyway.

( I still remember the look on peoples faces in the picture a kind of "This really sucks... and now a picture? Geez!" look).

I like your ideas.

--Lovecraft

figmentmom

Dumb question time - is the planned opening in June a preview or soft opening, or will it be the real thing? I'm making a solo trip in mid-August, and I can't wait to see what they've done with this ride. (The return of Figment - YESSSSS!!!!!)

Testtrack321

I have more ideas on things including a better transition between sceans.

I'm a what if person, what if Tapestry of Dreams opened Disneland? What if Test Track opened on time? What if.....

My official motto is....

Dream, Dream, Dream; Dream, Dream, Dream

WDWFigment

Sorry to resurrect a seemingly ancient thread, but has anyone been upstairs lately? Is the original JII stuff there? I really want to take the unDISCOVERED Future World tour, but only if I know I'm going to see things from the ride.

lilredfoxie

I was up there for the Kim Possible thing, the rainbow tunnel thing is still there, however I don't remember seeing much of the old props, a lot of the area was blocked off by curtains, but i do remember seeing the stuff from Figments coloring Book still up on the walls.

Ive got photos from when I was up there. The lobby when u make it up the stairs under the big glass pyramids is also still intact, its like a time warp up there, same carpet, even paint scheme. I do hope the next redesign of Journey to Imagination uses the upstairs area, the view from up top there in that lobby is amazing!

goofntink

Yes most of everthing is still there,along with a lot of old TV's,chairs,speakers boxes,chunks of drywall all over the floor and lots of other junk.:(

rdour@techminds

How about some dates for the Light version?

Hello,

I love the Light and Moble Devices theme on these boards. However, I would also like to ask that if someone knows the moderators, could the post date be added? This thread pops up from nowhere and I get really excited. As I'm reading it, I am getting very excited. Then as I'm reading I start to realize that the thing must be old. Very old. Now I'm extremely sad.

However, I do wonder, how much of the original JII do you think may still be on property? I personally would love to know if it was sent to Mouse Surplus or eBay.

I was at WDW in December and rode the current ride, the result of the thread before this post. All is good, and of course it was actually in good working order. However, I was so sad to see the large cage around the elevator and the lack of any people in the queue. The CMs were just so bored loading people into the ride. The only thing I like about this version are some of the smaller details. In the queue you will hear little bits and pieces of Figment tortchuring phone attendants and such. On the way out of the ride, listen to Figment in the panels above you. He sings, makes weird comments, and is generally annoying. The picture station has some good Figment mischief also. But the imageworks is missing the big toys that made it fun. I loved the pool table sized nail tables. There was also something with bubbles that you would paint on the wall with a projector, what happened to that? I also thought that the computers with Figment drawings were fun, and still ahead of their time. These photo booths are not very impressive at all. Nothing more interactive than sitting there while your picture is taken, then trying to type on a very bad keyboard to send someone a photo that has nothing to do with Figment. RRRRR.

Anyway, I have to go find my new puppet Figment and remember the old ride. He's the only thing I have around that reminds me of it. WHen I was a kid, I wanted the giant Figment. Did I imagine it, or did that really exist? I know that the meet and greet exists, but I'm talking about a massive plush Figment. Anyone else remember this?

Ryan

Figment82

The giant Figment plush did indeed exist. The webmaster of Figment's Imagination has one, and you can see it in a photo of him. I always wanted one when I was little, but it was so impractical (not to mention muy expensive!!).

I remember a CM at the old store following me around with a Figment puppet calling my name. Freaked me out that he knew my name - but now I realize that he must have asked my dad beforehand. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom