Imagination! Construction at backlot

goofyfan13

You're not the only one! :lol: I haven't been around as much lately and saw the title, thought I'd missed something important, and got excited. Then I saw the dates...

I just read the title and thought, could this be confirmation of Dreamfinder returning?! Then crashed into the brick wall that is reality...:brick:

Peaches Magee

ooooooo!
I hope so!
I miss the old school Imagination, loaded with Figment and the Dream Finder.
I really miss the rooms of stuff to play with. That was the best!

Oh I have a .mp3 of the entire ride if anyone wants it. :) :animwink:

TestTrack

Original Poster
ooooooo!
I hope so!
I miss the old school Imagination, loaded with Figment and the Dream Finder.
I really miss the rooms of stuff to play with. That was the best!

Oh I have a .mp3 of the entire ride if anyone wants it. :) :animwink:

I know you just joined and all, but your gonna have to observe the dates of the posts here. I made this post when Figment version 3 was being constructed.

WDWFigment

I apologize to all for bumping a thread that was so old; although I am inexperienced here, I know the general malarky that can arise from doing such a thing.

As for parts of JII still being on property, that's what I'm wondering about. When I was at Epcot this past summer, I made a comment about Dreamfinder to a CM. She had no idea who he was, so I described him to her. She made a comment along the lines of, "Oh, so that's who that guy is upstairs with all that stuff." Now she could have been talking about the walls, but I have a suspicion that props are up there. I know they sold at least some on eBay (figment's imagination has pictures), but I doubt it's all gone. Can any CMs confirm this?

Thelazer

It's all still up there.... just waiting, crying out..."come play with me guests, let me bring joy once again to millions!"

hokielutz

The Fire Marshall. It was a fire hazard having so many people empty out into a place on the second floor where they wouldn't be exiting.

But there aren't that many people exiting from the ride.... (due to poor re-imagineering of a ride that shouldn't have been drastically changed)

Also, according to an Nat'l Geog article that was on another thread today.... it said that the Reedy Creek district was created to be above and exempt from state laws etc.... So it would stand to reason that the exiting they had originally should have been ok.

Or was that just within certain guidelines such as zoning etc.. Does anyone have a link to that kind of information?

Tim G

Jeez!!!

The OP posted this almost 5 years ago...

Whatever is was... now 5 years later, it isn't really worth talking about... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WDWFigment

I was curious as to the current status of rumors about parts of a former attraction at the park. There was an existing thread discussing the topic that piqued my curiosity. So far I think I've 'played' by the general rules of conduct for forums. If old topics aren't worth resurrecting from time to time, why aren't they auto-locked or archived?

If things that happened five years ago or before are not worth talking about, I'll assume you never talk about Horizons' closing or a host of other changes made, right?

Peaches Magee

Posted by yours truely....:king:

holy hasselhoff!
I saw it on the NEW POSTS section and assumed it to be new and since I havent been to Epcot in forever, last I saw there was very minimal Figment present and that was sad, so they brought him back?
man I am waaay out of the loop, thank goodness I am back living in FL with a pass, soon I will be a quarter as Disney fact-educated as all of you pros. :p

DisneyNut7578

But there aren't that many people exiting from the ride.... (due to poor re-imagineering of a ride that shouldn't have been drastically changed)

Also, according to an Nat'l Geog article that was on another thread today.... it said that the Reedy Creek district was created to be above and exempt from state laws etc.... So it would stand to reason that the exiting they had originally should have been ok.

Or was that just within certain guidelines such as zoning etc.. Does anyone have a link to that kind of information?

RCID is basically it's own governing authority. It's almost like a state within the state of FL. It has governing powers, eminent domain, utility authority, zoning laws, etc. Celebration, for example, has a city hall, but no municipality government in force (it has a board). It also has the authority to take over land outside of its borders. It did it with Bonnet Creek (the only piece within RCID) to build a canal.

Here's two good links. One is to the myflorida site about RCID and the other is to the actual RCID website:

http://www.myflorida.com/rcid/about.html
http://www.rcid.org/

In addition, if you want to look it up, the law that created RCID in 1967 is Chapter 67-764 of the Laws of Florida. You'll have to look them up on myflorida.com, since archived laws are almost impossible to find on there. (I don't have the exact bill #, on hand, you'd have to search FL legislature for that)

There's some good info in all these spots.

scholarinexile

Okay....so how is this refurb different from the most recent iteration of Imagination? I was there with my wife in June, and we were at the parks for the first time since 1997...we went through and both Dr. Nigel Channing and Figment were present, and the ride sucked. We really miss the old-school Imagination sets and Dreamfinder...those stoked the imagination way more than these silly "sense tests." Any chance of any of the old-school material, and Dreamfinder, returning?

Main Street USA

Okay....so how is this refurb different from the most recent iteration of Imagination? I was there with my wife in June, and we were at the parks for the first time since 1997...we went through and both Dr. Nigel Channing and Figment were present, and the ride sucked. We really miss the old-school Imagination sets and Dreamfinder...those stoked the imagination way more than these silly "sense tests." Any chance of any of the old-school material, and Dreamfinder, returning?
Again, this thread is from 2002. Someone dug it up and posted to it. I, too, initially saw the title and thought something was up, but alas, no. :)

WDWFigment

It probably isn't even worth it, but I wonder what kind of petition or letter-writing campaign could be established for Dreamfinder and the original JII to come back. The plethora of threads on the topic leads me to believe we could gain mass support for the campaign. There used to be such a campaign when JIYI was introduced, but it seems WDW pacified any activists with Figment's reintroduction in 2002.

I know this is five years after the fact, but there are still rumors that dreamfinder is coming back, so maybe this could help substantiate them...

PurpleDragon

I would love to see the original ride return in all its glory, but I'm sure the cost of a feat that big would not be justified in the eyes of the accountants up at corporate.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom