Imagination! Construction at backlot

ToTBellHop

FIGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry...the scenery is not supposed to change much in this ride as opposed to Journey Into Your Imagination...they are simply adding figment and taking out some of the...less popular effects...I didn't like most of the effects, so I don't know what that means exactly...maybe the worst of the worst will leave...like the "sound test" the "light test" and the connect-the-dots thing...none of which did it for me....the queue line could use some work, too...and more Figment, less Nigel!

BradleyJ

Originally posted by DogsRule!
...the connect-the-dots thing...none of which did it for me....the queue line could use some work, too...and more Figment, less Nigel!

I really like the connect the dot room, I think it is probably the neetest idea of all the things they show you.

s25843

In Imageworks, there is windows that are in the back, where do these windows open up to? I want to say the Que because I remember the floor, but Im not really Sure

Chernabog

Okay, so everybody asks this but I have yet to see an answer. Didn't the old ride, after you got off you could go upstairs and do "imagination type" stuff? Whatever happened to upstairs? Are they using it for storage now or something?

Davis224

I remember that, I remember it was there. . . But I don't know what became of it.

About the rumor of Figments house in the ride

Is there any proof to that whatsoever?

ToTBellHop

The stairs is still there...when you first enter the pavillion, they have built a tube around the old spiral-staircase that had carpet that came in different shades of Figment blood...but you can still tell it's a stairs. As for the stuff that was up there, I haven't seen it on Ebay, so it might still be up there, collecting dust...they need to re-open it. As for the Figment's house rumor, there was, of course, and upside-down house in Journey Into Your Imagination, and it was actually a nifty effect, so I could certainly see them keeping this and adding Figment--many of the changes are supposed to be simple, like this.

DisneyWorld30th

Most of the stuff is still up there and is still working. They use this area for School Groups learning classes. If you take the Future World Baskstage tour, they take you up there as well. Many people has reported that they were able to use the "toys" up there.

Hope this helps...

Chernabog

Wow, that's pretty exciting. If possible please post some pics, that or let us know about the stuff. I miss all those cool "toys":(

Luau Cove

The old image-works is simply so superior to the new vague one, that it doesn't make much sense leaving it just for a backstage tour. I know some of the things showed at the old Image Works now became old but new things could be added. The thing is the site was perfect, mysterious, dark and colorful at the same time. It was all IMAGINATION is about.

-->LUAU

DisneyWorld30th

New details

This was posted on Themeparks.com.

The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at Walt Disney World Resort returns to Epcot in June to once again demonstrate the power of imagination.
Journey Into Imagination with Figment invites guests to an open house at the Imagination Institute led by Dr. Nigel Channing, who plans to show how the five senses can influence a person’s imagination.
Future World guests traveling through the colorful, energetic attraction stop for Dr. Channing’s demonstrations in laboratories to discover how the human senses are being studied to help “capture and control” the imagination. The stops are interrupted, however, by the free-thinking Figment, a mischievous dragon who tries to show the ever-practical Dr. Channing and his guests that the imagination works best, not when it’s controlled, but rather, when it’s set free.

Guests will encounter stimulating experiences:

In the sight laboratory, Figment has fun with a vision chart to prove that there is more to the imagination than meets the eye!
Sniff, sniff – What’s that aroma in the smell laboratory?
In the sound laboratory, guests enjoy a symphony of delightful melodies as Figment shows how thoughts can appear by way of the ear.
The fun continues when guests are invited into Figment’s house, which is upside-down to show how imagination can really come “home” when you look at things from a new perspective. By the end, his impish antics convince Dr. Channing how much fun a free imagination can be.
“The return of Figment adds another level of excitement to this re-energized attraction,” said David Mumford, show designer for Walt Disney Imagineering. “Journey Into Imagination with Figment is bright and fun and should appeal to guests of all ages.”

The revamped attraction also heralds the return of “One Little Spark,” an uplifting song written by legendary Disney composers Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman for the attraction’s original opening in March 1983. Comic actor Eric Idle also returns as Dr. Nigel Channing, a role he originated in the adjacent “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” 3-D attraction at Epcot.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment is part of the Imagination! pavilion presented by Kodak at Epcot.

The Dude

New JIYI

I think the JIYI rehab will be closer to what the older disney nuts are used to--- you all know what I mean.... Figment, figment and more figment. Obviously the people who designed this ride had no idea as to what the visitors wanted and hopefully this will change. As long as there are people out there like us, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom