Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

Yankee Mouse

I don't want to see P&F replace Figment. However I don't have a problem with adding it as the movie. It would be a decent replacement for EO. HISTA started in 94. Five years after the original movie came out and ran for 16 years!!! Change it to P&F, return dreamfinder to the ride with figment, put P&F merch in the store (with figment stuff still) and profit for at least as long as HISTA was there. It is a nice balance that refreshes the ride and adds characters people recognize without getting rid of a cult fan favorite. Also when P&F have run their course it is easier to change a movie than an entire ride. Maybe they could do a HISTA tribute.

Fairybuzz

I don't want to see P&F replace Figment. However I don't have a problem with adding it as the movie. It would be a decent replacement for EO. HISTA started in 94. Five years after the original movie came out and ran for 16 years!!! Change it to P&F, return dreamfinder to the ride with figment, put P&F merch in the store (with figment stuff still) and profit for at least as long as HISTA was there. It is a nice balance that refreshes the ride and adds characters people recognize without getting rid of a cult fan favorite. Also when P&F have run their course it is easier to change a movie than an entire ride. Maybe they could do a HISTA tribute.

Seems like a logical solution. ITs much easier to change a film than a ride. I believe P&F are kind of a fad. I never liked the show but thats not my reason for not liking the makeover idea. I would complain if it was a talespin remake too. Hey I complain about the 3 cab remake of the mexico pavillion and thats one of my favorite movies growing up! I'd rewind that crazy square wheeled train scene again and again.

But anywho, The SMARTEST decision is to just give the people what they want. Dreamfinder. Epcot without figment is also soulless. It has no face. It has no character. It doesn't even have a theme any more! I mean nemo is not anywhere near futuristic or a symbol for humanity's dreams. Next they'll paint spaceship earth green and pink turn universe of energy into disney jr's silly house of silly and bulldoze the land to put up a restroom!

Sigh.

Anyway lol, Why does WDI suddenly hate figment and the dream finder? I read somewhere that it was a rivalry between imagineers wanting to undo eachother's rides.

Wikkler

1cUfj.png

This is all just sad. I may be wrong, but wasn't Figment created for Epcot? I cannot remember a time in my life where I saw, read, or heard of Figment anywhere but inside Epcot. Removing him would be a terrible idea. I also do not believe that P&F will be taking over that areas. Call it gut instinct. I don't mind them rehabbing the ride, or even putting a new twist on the storyline. However, they should keep Figment in the storyline.

Sped2424

This is all just sad. I may be wrong, but wasn't Figment created for Epcot? I cannot remember a time in my life where I saw, read, or heard of Figment anywhere but inside Epcot. Removing him would be a terrible idea. I also do not believe that P&F will be taking over that areas. Call it gut instinct. I don't mind them rehabbing the ride, or even putting a new twist on the storyline. However, they should keep Figment in the storyline.

I agree, the issue with phineas and ferb is how popular and noticeable are those characters honestly going to be 10 or 15 years down the line?

Yankee Mouse

A tribute? How many years down the road will people even remember HISTA. Sometimes you have to let things fade into the sunset.

Sorry, I left out a sarcasm smile. It was more a comment on the EO tribute. I didn't like HISTA so I have no desire to see a tribute for it.

Figment was created for EPCOT, but IIRC he was on some educational shows on the disney channel in the 80s.

Nubs70

Maybe this has already been discussed, why not repurpose JIA into an OZ ride? The exterior of the building has faceted structure that could be further modified into an Emerald City facade. The ride could be could travel through the stories of The Great and Powerful and Wizard. The theatre could be a live recreation of the climax scene from Great and Powerful utilizing Turtle Talk style AI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom