Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

Bairstow

Does anyone else feel like Phineas and Ferb's Heyday was like 5 years ago?

This is almost as bad as a move of opening up an American Idol attraction when the show is 8 seasons in. Gotta get your head in the game TDO...strike when the iron is hot (or build new characters and attraction experiences that don't rely on mainstream trends).

Is that really the best policy?
When a property is "hot" it's usually too early to tell if it's going to stand the test of time or is merely a passing fad.
Phineas and Ferb is a newer property than Cars and is still in production.
The show's popularity is not waning.

windows automatic screenshot

Future Imagineer

that would be really cool to see a Disney channel show at Epcot because they have world showcase game with Phineas and Pherb and plus they could have the world showcase game start and end here.

devoy1701

When a property is "hot" it's usually too early to tell if it's going to stand the test of time or is merely a passing fad.

Confused on why your screenshot is showing Hannah Montana.

Also, i think your Screenshot for P&F proves than popularity is waning. My larger point is no necessarily about P&F in general, but that they should act faster (EO's temporary engagement has been 3 yrs long, AEI coming way too late) and that they need to let WDI create new unique properties and experiences.

Bairstow

Confused on why your screenshot is showing Hannah Montana.

Because it was another Disney Channel IP launched around 2007 which everyone correctly identifies as a fad.

Also, i think your Screenshot for P&F proves than popularity is waning.

I disagree. Other than a large spike during the summer of 2011 (when the made-for-TV movie was released) Phineas and Ferb has already demonstrated consistent popular interest.
This is impressive even when compared to the trend results of older properties like Winnie the Pooh.

My larger point is no necessarily about P&F in general, but that they should act faster (EO's temporary engagement has been 3 yrs long, AEI coming way too late) and that they need to let WDI create new unique properties and experiences.

What is "AEI" ?

FigmentJedi

That said, the show is ending soon, possibly within a year. Olivia Olson, the voice of Vanessa Doofensmirtz, leaked a picture of the script cover of the two part series finale "Last Day of Summer" on her Instagram a few weeks ago. It's since been taken down, but nothing goes away on the internet...

Fairybuzz

Oh yeah I mean don't get me wrong... would LOVE a redo of the original but in this case, unlike the Star Tours refurb, the physical ride and building were modified in the refurb. The current Image Works sits in an area of the building that was once ride track. In other words, short of literally starting over and rebuilding every aspect of it, a very expensive thing to do, I just don't see the "original" finding a way back in any form.

Well it doesn't have to be exact, just something with its feel. more fanciful less reality. The rest of the park focuses on reality. This should focus on fantasy. After all thats what Imagination is. Its not something to be tested in a lab.

I heard of people who did a "jump test" and determined that the ride track is still somewhere hidden underneath the floor too. (may have even been in this thread or another here). What that means or if its true I'm not sure, but its uplifting.

Fairybuzz

Looks like its going down to me....

looks like 2012 was its year.

If the show had the pull of lets say Spongebob I'd well hate the idea but at least I could understand it. I know it doesn't have the same pull. Case in point you have to be living under a rock not to know who spongebob is, while there are people here on a disney world fansite who don't know Phineas and Ferb. (see first page).

devoy1701

Because it was another Disney Channel IP launched around 2007 which everyone correctly identifies as a fad.

I disagree. Other than a large spike during the summer of 2011 (when the made-for-TV movie was released) Phineas and Ferb has already demonstrated consistent popular interest.
This is impressive even when compared to the trend results of older properties like Winnie the Pooh.

What is "AEI" ?
Sorry, AIE

Mimi

They already have Agent P in Epcot, I can't see them adding a 2nd attraction based on the same theme. (I'm sure someone mentioned this already, I didn't read the entire thread.) I think the kids would love it but I agree that the show doesn't have the same staying power as the classics or something so prevalent as SpongeBob. I think it would be best for Disney to create its own characters to host the pavilion... oh wait, they already did that.

We need to start a campaign to restore Dreamfinder and Figment to their rightful home!

bfox1183

Ok, I am probably going to pull some evil comments on this, but the biggest problem with the Imagination pavilion is the fact it does not have a pull for anyone other then the die hard Disney fans currently. This is where Phineas and Ferb fit perfectly into remaking the pavilion, as the whole show is based off imagination.

Plus, If they cancel the show, there is quite a bit they could do with spinoff shows.

SJN1279

Agent P merchandise is one of the biggest sellers at WDW currently. If they end the show and release a movie in 2015, I could def see this becoming a great attraction in Epcot. Time will tell.

That or a modified version of Mystic Mansion.....

Fairybuzz

lol people are still talking like this is actually happening, Its most likely not going to. All we have is a picture of what appears to be a new rethemed area for the 3d show. I'd say its a pretty good guess that this is being considered for the old magic eye theater to pull people in while they decide how to redo the actual ride. Notice in the picture that there is still an imagination institute logo.

Also if you think about it, any attraction based on a tv show has only been just that, a show. Doug, Disney Afternoon show, etc. Even ABC shows. (and seriously could you Imagine American Idol the ride? *shiver* superstar limo with simon Cawell (sp?) and grade B singers? talk about horrifying!) They may also change it to a live show which imo will be something ill pass on. Another playhouse disney type thing neither me nor my little sis will be interested in.

Fairybuzz

They already have Agent P in Epcot, I can't see them adding a 2nd attraction based on the same theme. (I'm sure someone mentioned this already, I didn't read the entire thread.) I think the kids would love it but I agree that the show doesn't have the same staying power as the classics or something so prevalent as SpongeBob. I think it would be best for Disney to create its own characters to host the pavilion... oh wait, they already did that.

We need to start a campaign to restore Dreamfinder and Figment to their rightful home!
This!

A. A coaster outlasted its need for a theme, because people will go on it just for the coaster aspect (will not happen with darkrides)

B. gone, also how many people going on them knew who mike fink was? I sure didn't until much later in life.

C. Classic show, definately something thats engrained in pop culture so much that you'd have to live under a rock not to know it.

I meant a disneychannel/ABC show (not from the classic era)

Case in point would a Kim Possible ride be relevant today? two years from now? two years from then? KP was one of their most popular shows was critically acclaimed and nominated for emmys

Hate to add fuel to the fire but went to Epcot today and rode Imagination, place looks like it just got a good scrubbing and repaint but allot of minor props where MIA, at the exit shop there was only 1 small display of Figment items, other than that it seemed like the store was being used as a clearance center for Disneyland, there where piles of Disneyland Dice, playing cards ect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom