Iger says HoP is preparing for new President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

the thing Disney has always excelled at is making people feel proud and patriotic...Hall of Presidents...American Adventure. I am sure they will bring the same game as they move forward with this year's addition... Let's try to be kind and think of unifying things to say :)

21stamps

Very much looking forward to seeing President-elect Trump added, I love when the show gets new president. I am trying to imagine how they will get the hair right for The Donald! I wonder if the imagineers will have the idea to add the words "frankly," "believe me," or "yuuuuuuge" into Trump's speech. :D

The current version of the show is outstanding. But I have to think that they will add President Obama to the montage that includes LBJ post-JFK death, Reagan speaking of the Challenger, Clinton talking about the Oklahoma City bombing, and Bush's post-9/11 pep talk on the rubble. (I get chills at those parts - great history!) What would go well there well for Obama? Maybe the speech after Sandy Hook or after the Orlando Pulse shooting? Some words after Hurricane Sandy? Will be interesting to see!
Nothing.

Obobru

I wonder why they changed the show to add the current president speaking? Was it a change in technology that allowed it or just a rewriting of the show? I am not sure it adds anything the current president speaking as everyone knows who they are and what they have to say as they are in power.

Tiny Arms

Looking forward to it! I cannot wait to see how the animatronic will look once the refurb is completed.
Personally, I like how they decide to use the President's actual voice in the show - it comes off as more... personal? Sincere to the people? Not sure how to put it :p

That being said, I really hope that everyone will be accepting about the addition of Mr. Trump (it is history after all) & won't become disruptive during his speech in the show. I understand there are crowds that like him, there are crowds that absolutely do not. We're all adults here & people are free to have their own opinions, but to ruin other peoples' experience & (potential) learning during the presentation while they're on vacation is disgraceful & tasteless in my opinion.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wonder why they changed the show to add the current president speaking? Was it a change in technology that allowed it or just a rewriting of the show? I am not sure it adds anything the current president speaking as everyone knows who they are and what they have to say as they are in power.
I dont think the new president should speak. A new president is pretty much all talk, not time tested.

ToTBellHop

Looking forward to it! I cannot wait to see how the animatronic will look once the refurb is completed.
Personally, I like how they decide to use the President's actual voice in the show - it comes off as more... personal? Sincere to the people? Not sure how to put it :p

That being said, I really hope that everyone will be accepting about the addition of Mr. Trump (it is history after all) & won't become disruptive during his speech in the show. I understand there are crowds that like him, there are crowds that absolutely do not. We're all adults here & people are free to have their own opinions, but to ruin other peoples' experience & (potential) learning during the presentation while they're on vacation is disgraceful & tasteless in my opinion.
People booed W. Then Obama. They'll boo The Donald.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Will they get Morgan Freeman to record new audio? Without getting too political, would he be willing to do so?
This was one of my first thoughts. IMO, I can't see him getting involved. Maybe Clint Eastwood though.
I don't really know what his thoughts would be, but doing the voice over would not be like endorsing a political candidate. It wouldn't be like doing a campaign ad for the guy. The attraction honors the presidents of the United States and like it or not Donald Trump is going to be the President of the United States.

Still not getting any easier to say;););)

Edit: they have changed the voice actor for each version of the show since Bill Clinton took office so I would think there's a pretty good chance someone else will do it now, but it won't likely be because of Trump.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Really? This surprises me. I saw the show multiple times when W was prez and then Obama, and not once did I hear anyone in the audience say anything. When did you see it?
I too have experienced such reactions well into each's presidency. It really is confusing. It's not like it is some big surprise.

ToTBellHop

All depends on who is sitting in the seats at the time.
Indeed. Personally, I think it's tacky. I'm like, "this is a theme park show and those are robots, you know?" Who boos a robot? Someone who is mentally unstable. Personally, I may have considered booing the actual person in the past (I'm not trying to be political), but I'd never boo a President. Any President deserves our respect if we still respect our political system. And if a person doesn't respect the American political system, perhaps the Hall of Presidents is not the right choice.

A robot playing a President is just meant to be entertainment. If you don't find the Dixie Chicks to be entertaining, you'd have to be crazy to buy a ticket to their show just to boo them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom