Not appropriate.
1456944559733.jpg

I think you forgot this

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I am tired of you whining liberals on this forum, Trump deserves to be in the show as much as Obama, or any president before him did. So get over it and get used to seeing a big beautiful orange animatronic at one of the best attractions in Disney world. Or don't go and I won't have to wait in line as long which would be fine by me and many other conservative people on this forum.

See its not nice to lump anyone into one group.....I am likely one of the most actually conservative persons you will meet, the only way I am liberal is to accept others as they are, and that is part of my faith not a political statement. ;) I actually vote for the person I feel will do the best job vs their political affiliation. :) THAT and I do not whine.....o_O

Last edited:

Baloo68

See its not nice to lump anyone into one group.....I am likely one of the most actually conservative persons you will meet, the only way I am liberal is to accept others as they are, and that is part of my faith not a political statement. ;) I actually vote for the person I feel will do the best job vs their political affiliation. :)

I apologize for my assumption, this past week has just put me in defense mode, as I have seen 4 or 5 posts like yours on threads relating to HOP. The American people decided that out of the two Trump or Clinton that Trump would do the better job. So America has decided on Trump as the next president of the United States and Disney has recognized this so instead of just accepting it and giving a robot the respect it deserves, I expect it to get thrashed when I see the show next fall, which would be ridiculous.

donaldtoo

I apologize for my assumption, this past week has just put me in defense mode, as I have seen 4 or 5 posts like yours on threads relating to HOP. The American people decided that out of the two Trump or Clinton that Trump would do the better job. So America has decided on Trump as the next president of the United States and Disney has recognized this so instead of just accepting it and giving a robot the respect it deserves, I expect it to get thrashed when I see the show next fall, which would be ridiculous.

This might be the first time in history that an animatronic President needed it's own Secret Service detail...!!! :hilarious: :D ;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Thanks but I thought the popular vote favored Clinton? In any event, while I recognize Trump got elected , that doesn't mean I want to see his orange mug at WDW.....c'est la vie. I would have loved to see John Kasich fill that spot......but I do agree with you that people behaving badly at ANY attraction is uncivil. ;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
If you change that to Brazilians you would have a pinch of truth on your hands! lol
This was my first trip that I noticed less tour groups and even then they were MUCH smaller in size than in the past decade of my trips.....I did however notice a hugely increase of scooters and perhaps multi strollers. I had developed a foot issue prior and was thankful that with the right pair of shoes I was able to do the parks on foot.

matt9112

This was my first trip that I noticed less tour groups and even then they were MUCH smaller in size than in the past decade of my trips.....I did however notice a hugely increase of scooters and perhaps multi strollers. I had developed a foot issue prior and was thankful that with the right pair of shoes I was able to do the parks on foot.

The economy in South America is in shambles lately. currency is much weaker plus local price increases have all been factors.

Otterhead

I did however notice a hugely increase of scooters and perhaps multi strollers.
I noticed both things on my recent trip as well -- I didn't see a single Brazilian/South American tour group, for once, but a huge increase in scooters, definitely. At one point I was in Germany and a bunch of kids on scooters were playing bumper-cars and smashing them into things, jumping off of them, and riding on them while standing up, running into guests and making a mess. CMs were too busy with Food & Wine Fest stuff to intervene.

ToTBellHop

Have we, now?

____________Trump________Clinton
Popular vote 60,371,193_____61,039,676
Percentage
47.28%_________47.81%

I know I shouldn't be engaging with someone who refers to anyone unhappy about the election as "you whining liberals." How long again did we have to endure complaints about our Kenyan-borne, Muslim President?

You know who else was a liberal progressive? Abraham Lincoln. Let's just showcase him in the HoP and leave it at that.

Aaaaaaand...thread closed.

Disney.Mike

Have we, now?

____________Trump________Clinton
Popular vote 60,371,193_____61,039,676
Percentage
47.28%_________47.81%

I know I shouldn't be engaging with someone who refers to anyone unhappy about the election as "you whining liberals." How long again did we have to endure complaints about our Kenyan-borne, Muslim President?

You know who else was a liberal progressive? Abraham Lincoln. Let's just showcase him in the HoP and leave it at that.

Aaaaaaand...thread closed.

1. Actually, there are still millions of votes being counted, Trump may very well end up winning the popular vote.
2. Part of the reason the EC was established is to stop a handful of dense urban areas from dictating policy for the rest of the country. Considering 50% of the population lives in 10-15 counties, this is a very important aspect of our government.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Thanks but I thought the popular vote favored Clinton? In any event, while I recognize Trump got elected , that doesn't mean I want to see his orange mug at WDW.....c'est la vie. I would have loved to see John Kasich fill that spot......but I do agree with you that people behaving badly at ANY attraction is uncivil. ;)
Or as Sam Eagle would say "that behavior would be distinctly un-American "

Epcotfan21

Does anyone know if the president has a say in what is said in the speech? Or is it fully written by Imagineers and the president just reads and they record?

ToTBellHop

1. Actually, there are still millions of votes being counted, Trump may very well end up winning the popular vote.
2. Part of the reason the EC was established is to stop a handful of dense urban areas from dictating policy for the rest of the country. Considering 50% of the population lives in 10-15 counties, this is a very important aspect of our government.
I understand the history of the EC, but it is inappropriate to claim that "most Americans chose Pres. Trump." Our political system chose Pres. Trump.

I'd feel more secure if AA Trump were running the country.

Do you think it would be more apropos to make the AA of Mike Pence, though?

Otterhead

Does anyone know if the president has a say in what is said in the speech?
As I understand it, they collaborate with the President to put the speech together and then film them while they record it to get the body language correct. Trump historically controls his messages very closely so I'm sure he'll have quite a say in what he records.

You're gonna need a FastPass.
Sure -- it was super popular when the Obama figure was added; any new addition to the HoP increases attendance for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom