Iger says HoP is preparing for new President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minthorne

It clear why the muppets were added to Liberty Square. The new audioanimatronic for Trump is being contracted out to Henson Creature Shop. There are already early models.

Attachments

• IMG_3929.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 79

James Norrie

I wonder why they changed the show to add the current president speaking? Was it a change in technology that allowed it or just a rewriting of the show? I am not sure it adds anything the current president speaking as everyone knows who they are and what they have to say as they are in power.
They couldn't get John Adams, George Washington, Abe Lincoln or the other 39 to record...

Princess Leia

The other thread got locked last week, and won't be open until the HOP reopens next year. So far, people are being decent on this thread. I'm impressed with how people are acting on this site for once.

JohnD

Very much looking forward to seeing President-elect Trump added, I love when the show gets new president. I am trying to imagine how they will get the hair right for The Donald! I wonder if the imagineers will have the idea to add the words "frankly," "believe me," or "yuuuuuuge" into Trump's speech. :D

The current version of the show is outstanding. But I have to think that they will add President Obama to the montage that includes LBJ post-JFK death, Reagan speaking of the Challenger, Clinton talking about the Oklahoma City bombing, and Bush's post-9/11 pep talk on the rubble. (I get chills at those parts - great history!) What would go well there well for Obama? Maybe the speech after Sandy Hook or after the Orlando Pulse shooting? Some words after Hurricane Sandy? Will be interesting to see!

I agree. Obama has to be part of the montage. Whatever you think of him politically, he is the first African-American President and therefore deserves to be highlighted in the montage.

JohnD

That hair is going to be problematic and I imagine the skin tone will also pose a problem. Trump's skin tone is ahem...rather unique.

He gets grief on the skin tone but let's be honest, anyone on television wears orange makeup. His makeup appears more striking for some reason. As to that hair. . .

JohnD

Will they get Morgan Freeman to record new audio? Without getting too political, would he be willing to do so?

I don't think so. He endorsed Hillary. Great voice. Would be wonderful but I wouldn't expect it. My vote is for Gary Sinise.

montyz81

Indeed. Personally, I think it's tacky. I'm like, "this is a theme park show and those are robots, you know?" Who boos a robot? Someone who is mentally unstable. Personally, I may have considered booing the actual person in the past (I'm not trying to be political), but I'd never boo a President. Any President deserves our respect if we still respect our political system. And if a person doesn't respect the American political system, perhaps the Hall of Presidents is not the right choice.

A robot playing a President is just meant to be entertainment. If you don't find the Dixie Chicks to be entertaining, you'd have to be crazy to buy a ticket to their show just to boo them, right?
Booing an AA President is about as useful as booing Wanda Sykes platforming at a benefit concert for cancer!

montyz81

Agreed, but to their defense Wanda Sykes has never been funny.
I probably should have said "Booing an AA President is about as useful as Wanda Sykes trying to platform at Cancer benefit concert in Boston". I do agree. I am amazed at how some people can make money for awful work.

I can't wait to see the new HoP. It will be great. With the Muppets and the update to HoP, it feels like it has been decades since the general area has had any real attention.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Okay so saw it last week ON election day....and everyone applauded loudly at the end. I felt like it was a goodbye to the dignity of the office....and days later saw a news article either in the WSJ or NYT that stated Disney was working on a bust of Trump....:D. That made me happy to consider just maybe they would insert a bust somewhere, like in one of those display cabinets in the lobby....and the show itself would remain untouched.;)......in any event
19d9d06afcc6c4ddf2a8532cd10c4411.jpg
. :)

Baloo68

Okay so saw it last week ON election day....and everyone applauded loudly at the end. I felt like it was a goodbye to the dignity of the office....and days later saw a news article either in the WSJ or NYT that stated Disney was working on a bust of Trump....:D. That made me happy to consider just maybe they would insert a bust somewhere, like in one of those display cabinets in the lobby....and the show itself would remain untouched.;)......in any event :)

I am tired of you whining liberals on this forum, Trump deserves to be in the show as much as Obama, or any president before him did. So get over it and get used to seeing a big beautiful orange animatronic at one of the best attractions in Disney world. Or don't go and I won't have to wait in line as long which would be fine by me and many other conservative people on this forum.

Otterhead

I saw the show many times with both Bush Jr. and Obama, and was relieved to never hear anyone heckle the robot President, though there's often applause for Lincoln, JFK, and FDR, and I've heard it for Obama, as well. I'm sure that whatever speech they put together for Trump (or a Trump imitator) to read will be appropriately Presidential-sounding, but I definitely expect a little less silence from the crowd, sadly.

I am tired of you whining liberals on this forum
Not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom