If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

The Empress Lilly

One also walks about much in DAK. Of all the parks, I think it has the least airconditioned space. Or at any rate, one spends the least amount of time indoors. Not that I mind much. Except for the hottest of days, I like a bit of heat.

I do hope that the complaints will induce Disney to build an (ant)arctic land in DAK. I want more animals! I'd love for Disney to get creative with pinguins, polar bears, walrusses, etc.

Or an extinct animals land, featuring the ice ages!

Either should refrigerate heat-stricken guests!

RonAnnArbor

Definately Animal Kingdom -- if you've been there before as an adult there is nothing there to see or do a second time. It's hotter than the other parks, and it is crawling with strollers. If you have young kids, its much better to go to Animal Kingdom than to DHS where the young'uns will have less to do than they would at Animal Kingdom.

So, personally, Animal Kingdom for me -- but probably DHS for families with young kids.

Computer Magic

Time to give AK some love. I think those that skip AK is doing a diservice to their family :lookaroun Maybe a strong statement but :shrug:. If you are only looking to drop 12 stories or ride a limo to a concert then maybe you should skip AK. AK is about conservation and maintaining the environment. I wish a zoo would do half of what Disney has done for conservation. It about education. Talk to the animal carers sometime or do a AK tour. Learn about what AK is about. The park is designed for a leisure stroll while enjoying the surroundings. Again, if you are only looking for rides and run past the green space, you can do the park in about 4 hours.

I'm more surprised at hearing the attitude for AK in a WDW forum. People have been there so many times. I would think people would want to do different things and slow down their trips and smell the coffee.

Also, the park was design to maintain the heat to give visiors the feel of Africa.

I'm really okay with people skipping AK, it gives me more time in my favorite park

:wave:

TinkRBell427

While I like the attractions at Epcot, I think part of the draw for me is the FEEL of Epcot. At the other parks, you're "funneled" through comparatively narrow "corridors" (places with rides or walls on both sides). Epcot, on the other hand, is so OPEN. Sure, if you just took the walkways and compared to walkways of other parks, they may be similar, but Epcot gives you the feeling of being out in the open, with clean architectural lines (mostly).

I chose AK. Would not like missing some things there, but it seems like the most spread-out, lowest-offering, hottest park of the four...

So true on DAK being so hot. I swear they put some kind of device in there that raises the heat and humidity. :confused: (someone on here said this little guy looks like his head is being fried, so I think it works here. lol)

Lucille

Definately Animal Kingdom -- if you've been there before as an adult there is nothing there to see or do a second time. It's hotter than the other parks, and it is crawling with strollers. If you have young kids, its much better to go to Animal Kingdom than to DHS where the young'uns will have less to do than they would at Animal Kingdom.

So, personally, Animal Kingdom for me -- but probably DHS for families with young kids.

I'll have to disagree with that. We went to AK for the first time in January 2008 and LOVED it. We spent two full days there. And we'll be spending just as much time there on our next trip too. I love it.

Time to give AK some love. I think those that skip AK is doing a diservice to their family :lookaroun Maybe a strong statement but :shrug:. If you are only looking to drop 12 stories or ride a limo to a concert then maybe you should skip AK. AK is about conservation and maintaining the environment. I wish a zoo would do half of what Disney has done for conservation. It about education. Talk to the animal carers sometime or do a AK tour. Learn about what AK is about. The park is designed for a leisure stroll while enjoying the surroundings. Again, if you are only looking for rides and run past the green space, you can do the park in about 4 hours.

I'm more surprised at hearing the attitude for AK in a WDW forum. People have been there so many times. I would think people would want to do different things and slow down their trips and smell the coffee.

Also, the park was design to maintain the heat to give visiors the feel of Africa.

I'm really okay with people skipping AK, it gives me more time in my favorite park

:wave:

The bold part is what I was thinking. It makes me happy that so many people only spend half of the day (or no time) at AK because then it's not as crowded.

And a lot of people mentioned heat. I did notice AK was warmer, however, we go in January so it's not a huge problem. If heat is such a problem for people, then WDW (at least for many months out of the year) seems like an odd vacation choice....haha.

Computer Magic

I'll have to disagree with that. We went to AK for the first time in January 2008 and LOVED it. We spent two full days there. And we'll be spending just as much time there on our next trip too. I love it.

The bold part is what I was thinking. It makes me happy that so many people only spend half of the day (or no time) at AK because then it's not as crowded.

And a lot of people mentioned heat. I did notice AK was warmer, however, we go in January so it's not a huge problem. If heat is such a problem for people, then WDW (at least for many months out of the year) seems like an odd vacation choice....haha.
I probably shouldn't say this since we are trying to keep people out of AK, but EMH at night is the best place to be. It becomes cooler and beautiful at night. I like the way Disney lights up the park.

I was disappointed on my recent trip. I arrived and left on a Wed, which was AK evening EMH. I wasn't able to enjoy the nights of AK

Lucille

I probably shouldn't say this since we are trying to keep people out of AK, but EMH at night is the best place to be. It becomes cooler and beautiful at night. I like the way Disney lights up the park.

I was disappointed on my recent trip. I arrived and left on a Wed, which was AK evening EMH. I wasn't able to enjoy the nights of AK

I haven't been there at night yet. When we went in Jan. 08, we arrived on a Thursday and left on Wednesday morning. No evening magic hours at AK the whole time so we were only there until 5pm. Sad. We're going Wednesday to a Wednesday in Jan. 2010 so hopefully we'll get to see it at night this time!

jeopardyfish

Animal Kingdom, without a doubt. It wasn't part of my first WDW experience, and frankly it's just not meaty enough as an amusement park nor does it have enough personal weight to overtake any of the other three parks for me. That said, I don't dislike Animal Kingdom; in fact, I enjoy it. Just not as much as the other three parks. The main draw for me is the animals, which I can see at the local zoo for a fraction of the price (in fact, for free).

Astro_Digital

People saying they spend a whole day at AK????
Can not imagine how?

Do the fake safari thing, then Everest and Dinosaur. First thing in the morning takes maybe 2 hours tops.

I seen the lame musicals, Bugs Life just bugs me and I spend time may 30 minutes watching the Zoo exhibits then I am gone.

Bypass AK first then DHS.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are the two parks I enjoy the most and can not miss.

gettingsmaller

Animal Kingdom, without a doubt. It wasn't part of my first WDW experience, and frankly it's just not meaty enough as an amusement park nor does it have enough personal weight to overtake any of the other three parks for me. That said, I don't dislike Animal Kingdom; in fact, I enjoy it. Just not as much as the other three parks. The main draw for me is the animals, which I can see at the local zoo for a fraction of the price (in fact, for free).

Yeah. It's not that I don't enjoy AK, but the original post is saying IF YOU HAD TO SKIP ONE. Personally, I'd rather not skip any...
In my mind, there are two things to attract you to AK:
1) animals
2) rides

Well, we've got a great zoo in Fort Worth + several drive-thru animal parks that are not far away. So, while the animals are fun, it's not like I live in Medieval England and the circus has just come to town with animals I've never seen before. Also, the animals can be hard to see. So, in short, there is a "zoo" part of AK, and it's not significantly better than my local zoo (though sometimes I feel like my local zoo is almost as expensive!).

The other part--rides--is clearly lacking in AK. Kali is short and pretty uneventful; K. Safari is an extension of the zoo; I won't ride Primeval Whirl;Dinosaur is pretty cool (but LOUD); EE is a fun coaster...

That being said, it does have two of the top 4 shows on property--Nemo and Flights of Wonder. On the other hand, the Studios has... Hmmm... well, truth be told, it was a tough choice between the Studios and AK... good thing I don't have to choose to skip one, I guess...

rkelly42

This is crazy outside of ToT and RnR, DHS is terrible. All the shows are out of date, American Idol is overated CC is horrible now Star tours is boring there is nothing there. At least Ak has some rides and a lot of atmosphere.

SirGoofy

This is crazy outside of ToT and RnR, DHS is terrible. All the shows are out of date, American Idol is overated CC is horrible now Star tours is boring there is nothing there. At least Ak has some rides and a lot of atmosphere.

This post has been brought to you by Opinion:

"Opinion! Everyone's got one!"

Mansion Butler

People saying they spend a whole day at AK????
Can not imagine how?
By enjoying all the beautiful sights and theming, and all the little trails for exploration the Imagineers put in for us. Some of us don't limit ourselves to big name attractions but like taking in all the things we can see and do.

I seen the lame musicals
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
:brick:

Might I suggest Six Flags?

Goofy's#1Fan

I voted for DAK as well. I do like certain things about it (Finding Nemo and the Lion King Musicals as well as Kali River Rapids when there's not a long line for it and the safari) but there's not as much to do there like the other parks in my opinion. The only major rides they have are thrill rides and I tend to stay away from them.

Voted for Animal Kingdom. Why??

• Doesn't have a lot of exciting things for me
  • The only big point I find about it is the Safari
  • Whats the point of going to see animals when: you can go to a zoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom