If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

mousebymarriage

I hate to skip any of the parks but, if forced to choose I would have to sadly say, Animal Kingdom. Don't get me wrong, we love all the parks but, AK would be on the bottom of the list. If short on time I would try to get at least half a day in (or at least a couple of hours).

In the past I would have said DHS but, now that my kids are older they love this park. When they were little they were just too small for many of the rides and the shows just seemed not to hold their intrest for the entire time. Now, the love all the rides and shows!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I voted for DHS. In fact 2 trips back we were pressed for time, it was just a long weekend trip over thanksgiving, and we skipped DHS. AK is just more fun overall I think. Aside from the Osborne lights, then its a must visit regardless of time.

captainkidd

Studios.

In fact, we'll often skip it even if we have the time to do it.

I used to be like a lot of people and say AK, but once you take the time to really take the place in, it's pretty amazing. It's far and way the most beautifully landscaped park I've ever been to.

Rotel1026

Depends on what's new and how long it's been since I've been to WDW. Right now, I've not been to AK since Everest was added, nothing that interests me has been added to MK. So right now. I'd vote for MK since I've already spent the most time in that park anyway.

Even though I love the two rides at HollyWood Studios, I would do with it.
I can not do without Magic Kingdom and the rest though I have to see those... :wave:

LarryStoken

Original Poster
I don't get the Animal Kingdom hate. It is as clearly ahead of the other three parks in the US as DL and MK are ahead of it to me. It's not loaded with rides, but it has a few great ones, and then a whole lot more to do and see beyond the great rides. The theming and place making is top notch. In DAK you're taken to an actual representation of a (cleaned up) slice of Africa or India or Nepal.
I think a lot of the reason for the hate lies in how the animals are presented. The animals just mainly sit there and do nothing. Watching a zebra chew grass keeps your attention for about a second and a half. Disney really needs to do more to get the animals up and moving. A good way to accomplish this would be to have the proper mix of hunter and hunted. In nature, all of the animals from the same region would be forced to coexist and maintain the natural balance of flora and fauna. At the animal kingdom, this interaction is not allowed.

For example, it would be a thrill for visitors to see the animals interact as they do in the wild. Park attendance would increase if visitors were allowed to watch as the lions hunted down a wounded zebra and fed. Eventually the lions would abandon the feast and the smaller carnivores and scavengers would pick the bones clean. This process can sometimes last for hours and would be fascinating to view for visitors.

Life and death is the name of the game on the African plain. We don't need this hidden from our delicate eyes nor the eyes of curious children. There is nothing more beautiful than life. Families would get a kick out of viewing a wildebeast give birth and applaud as the young gnu takes its first steps. Other would get satisfaction watching watching how the afterbirth is then consumer by roving scavengers like wild dogs or hyenas.

The Animal Kingdom has a lot of potential, it is unfortunate that at this time so much of that potential has yet to be realized.

bugsbunny

I was not surprised by the results at all. Exactly the order I expected them to be in. DHS is going to pass AK real soon unless they liven it up a bit. Its been neglected for so long. In fact, it seems to have even less over the years, rather than more. They simply closed stuff down that wasn't working and really didn't put anything there to replace it. But they added American Idol! That will get them breaking down the gates to get in!!

LaughingGravy

AK....it's a zoo. No, really.. It's___ a___zoo.
A nice zoo to be sure, but
a) We usually go commando style of everything possible since we go for short trips.
b) It closes earlier than other parks and we have so far gone in the off season, when it closes at 5PM.
5PM?! I'm still amazed.
I could see closing the safari part to deal with the animals, but to close the rest of the park so early is ridiculous.

It provides the least bang for the buck in its present state.

This trip I have to work 4.5 hours on one of the days, so I planned that as the park I will miss the most time at.
EE wasn't opened yet on our last trip, so the plan is to do that asap, leave, set up for the trade show, come back, do lunch at Tusker house, leave for the 4:15 - 6:45 trade show, then meet up with the family again wherever they may be 'cause I'll have the car to do the in and outs.

krankenstein

I think a lot of the reason for the hate lies in how the animals are presented. The animals just mainly sit there and do nothing. Watching a zebra chew grass keeps your attention for about a second and a half. Disney really needs to do more to get the animals up and moving. A good way to accomplish this would be to have the proper mix of hunter and hunted. In nature, all of the animals from the same region would be forced to coexist and maintain the natural balance of flora and fauna. At the animal kingdom, this interaction is not allowed.

For example, it would be a thrill for visitors to see the animals interact as they do in the wild. Park attendance would increase if visitors were allowed to watch as the lions hunted down a wounded zebra and fed. Eventually the lions would abandon the feast and the smaller carnivores and scavengers would pick the bones clean. This process can sometimes last for hours and would be fascinating to view for visitors.

Life and death is the name of the game on the African plain. We don't need this hidden from our delicate eyes nor the eyes of curious children. There is nothing more beautiful than life. Families would get a kick out of viewing a wildebeast give birth and applaud as the young gnu takes its first steps. Other would get satisfaction watching watching how the afterbirth is then consumer by roving scavengers like wild dogs or hyenas.

The Animal Kingdom has a lot of potential, it is unfortunate that at this time so much of that potential has yet to be realized.

Yeah, umm, that kind of is against the policy of the AZA. THose animals would be pulled out of that environment VERY quickly.

Lucky

I have an idea. There should be an attraction full of animatronic animals, so we can guarantee that they do something entertaining each time guests come by.

DisneyLeo18

Soooo you're suggesting they let the animals kill each other and feed on one another in a Disney park? I am a 21 y/o male and I don't wanna see animals killing each other while trying to enjoy my vacation in a theme park. I wouldn't shield my childs eyes from stuff like this if they were interested but i wouldn't take em to WDW to see it.

Sorry but yet another one of your bad ideas today as I have read many of your posts today.:shrug:

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Soooo you're suggesting they let the animals kill each other and feed on one another in a Disney park? I am a 21 y/o male and I don't wanna see animals killing each other while trying to enjoy my vacation in a theme park. I wouldn't shield my childs eyes from stuff like this if they were interested but i wouldn't take em to WDW to see it.

Sorry but yet another one of your bad ideas today as I have read many of your posts today.:shrug:
You think it is a bad idea to let the animals coexist as they do in nature?

_Scar

My thread is hurting from the off the wall posts here.

Yes. We realize animals kill each other in the wild. Too bad this isn't the wild, it's Animal Kingdom. It's a conservation park too... I wouldn't like to see Simba eat Pumbaa in real life, and I'm sure no one else would. I'd rather them coexist without the threat of being hunted. Maybe I'm just a lover not a fighter?

And Disney's Hollywood Studios is the worst park in Orlando? Realllllyyyyy? :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom