If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

Mikester71

Let the flaming begin, but I just don't understand the draw of Epcot. We spend the least amount of time in this one park and it really wouldn't bother me if we never made it there.:shrug:

My wife feels the same way. She is not a big fan of the World Showcase at all and could care less if we even hit up Epcot each trip, which is weird to me because it is probably my favourite park. I can see why some people might not like it as much as others though. To each his/her own I guess! :shrug:

Tinkyroo

We usually skip AK on our trips. This next trip we will spend one day there but it will be our first day, the day we sleep in very late from arriving very late the night before. I could do without HS too but we always spend one day there each time out - even though I feel like I am wasting the day there.

Disney World to me is MK & EPCOT. :)

fireworkz

Skip Hollywood Studios - too many "scheduled" attractions/shows for my liking. Also I guess it's because other than TSM and LMA (yet another scheduled attraction) most of the Studios is pretty stale for me. While AK still feels "new" and I love the whole feel to the park.

Now if you're asking because you're going soon and feel you don't have enough time for all four gates, what I would do is park hop AK and Studios. Plan to do it on a day when the Studios is open late - Hit AK at opening hour when the Safari is usually at it's best, go on Everest is you like Coasters, do Dinosaur and maybe the 3D Bugs if there's time depending on length of lines. By this time it should be lunch, grab some Flametree BBQ at AK or head for the Studios and grab something there or maybe have an AR for Prime Time Cafe. Check the show schedules and plan out what you can make and can't make, get a FP for TTM soon after you eat lunch (or before if you're getting counter service). You should be able to get the highlights of both parks in one day.

Mansion Butler

We usually skip AK on our trips. This next trip we will spend one day there but it will be our first day, the day we sleep in very late from arriving very late the night before. I could do without HS too but we always spend one day there each time out - even though I feel like I am wasting the day there.

Disney World to me is MK & EPCOT. :)
That's the opposite of how one should do DAK. The Animals are their most lively and present in the morning.

Mansion Butler

I don't get the Animal Kingdom hate. It is as clearly ahead of the other three parks in the US as DL and MK are ahead of it to me. It's not loaded with rides, but it has a few great ones, and then a whole lot more to do and see beyond the great rides. The theming and place making is top notch. In World Showcase, while I love it, you're transported to sort of a 3D post card. In DAK you're taken to an actual representation of a (cleaned up) slice of Africa or India or Nepal.

I don't think any of the parks suck, I just don't understand how so many people would skip DAK. While I actually think DHS is the "worst" park of the four at WDW, I'd actually skip Epcot if I had to since DHS at least has a handfull of must-do attractions.

Mansion Butler

I voted AK,mainly because we live in Tampa & BG is much better.
I like Busch Gardens, but I don't see how that's even close. Unfriendly hard to find team members, ugly overly exposed rides (and only a few even matching the fun of a Disney attraction), awful layout, failed attempts at theming, no background music, ugly, unnatural animal enclosures and hideous constant looks at "back stage."

The absolute only thing I could see BG having on DAK is the rollercoasters, but I'll take Everest over any of them any day of the week. That, at least, I can see as a subjective preference. I can't see prefering anything else about BG.

Especially their staff.

Lucille

Probably because they go to Disneyland.
MK doesn't seem nearly as special when you visit DL regularly.

I chose DHS, but I would definitely agree with that statement. After visiting Disneyland so many times, MK definitely lacks the "magic" that Disneyland has. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Monsterfan99

I chose Magic Kingdom. Outside of HM, CoP, TTA and the mountains I could skip everything there and be ok.

However, that said, I would never plan a trip to miss one of the parks. We do one day at each park the first 4 days and go from there. Each park has something outstanding to see and/or do.

Lucille

I chose Magic Kingdom. Outside of HM, CoP, TTA and the mountains I could skip everything there and be ok.

However, that said, I would never plan a trip to miss one of the parks. We do one day at each park the first 4 days and go from there. Each park has something outstanding to see and/or do.

That's what we did last time too. And now we know that on our next trip we want to spent extra time at EPCOT and a little less time at DHS. But we would never plan a trip and miss any park.

mouse_luv

Definately Animal Kingdom. EE isn't enough of a pull to get me there if I had to choose. This was followed closely by DHS(always MGM to me) for a long time up until the trip we took this past spring. I think its TMM! Cuz I really enjoyed it this time!:D:shrug:

krankenstein

For the park with the most trees, it really does seem hotter than the others. Hollywood studios is very tree-challenged but I never feel miserably hot there.

Plants = Humidity

Plants hold moisture which raises the humidity, thus making DAK seem hotter. The beauty the plants provide the park are also its curse when it comes to heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom