If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm sure many people do think that. However, I have a feeling that isn't the reason so many Disney lovers don't like AK.

Well in my way of thinking it is all part of the same thing, the animal atttractions, which make up a great deal of the parks offerings, are less engaging than your standard Discoverty channel documentary resulting in over emphasis on availability of rides. Also folk want more experience rather than just watching.

IMHO of course.

krankenstein

Well in my way of thinking it is all part of the same thing, the animal atttractions, which make up a great deal of the parks offerings, are less engaging than your standard Discoverty channel documentary resulting in over emphasis on availability of rides. Also folk want more experience rather than just watching.

IMHO of course.

I tend to agree. We have become used to being an actively engaged and fast paced society, which makes it hard for people to enjoy a passive, slow paced activity like DAK.

IMHO

Shere_Khan

I said DHS. And in fact I have skipped it before on a very short trip.
I don't like ToT so I don't have that drawing me in and I don't find it as visually stunning as the three others.

I am surprised at the overwhelming AK response.

I truly love AK. It is one of the most beautiful places I have been besides Epcot's WS. I suppose there are is a lack of attractions, but I am truly content walking through the trails and taking it all in.

Lucille

I said DHS. And in fact I have skipped it before on a very short trip.
I don't like ToT so I don't have that drawing me in and I don't find it as visually stunning as the three others.

I am surprised at the overwhelming AK response.

I truly love AK. It is one of the most beautiful places I have been besides Epcot's WS. I suppose there are is a lack of attractions, but I am truly content walking through the trails and taking it all in.

That's how I feel too. I love to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of AK. Maybe if we went during a busy time of year or hot time of year I wouldn't like it as much. But in January isn't just lovely. I'm happy that I haven't fallen into that "fast pace" life trap. God Bless the midwest lifestyle. Haha.

rkelly42

What really shocks me is that 4 people actually voted for the MK, I do not get it why would you skip MK and go to DHS or AK:shrug::veryconfu

Mr Wizard

I would hve to say AK. Everest is great but it's the only great ride in the park. MGM only has Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster, but I think it looks really neat at night.

krankenstein

What really shocks me is that 4 people actually voted for the MK, I do not get it why would you skip MK and go to DHS or AK:shrug::veryconfu

I would skip MK for DAK. I could even see myself skipping MK for DHS if it was SWW or something. :shrug:

MK has become very stale to me in recent years.

Shere_Khan

That's how I feel too. I love to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of AK. Maybe if we went during a busy time of year or hot time of year I wouldn't like it as much. But in January isn't just lovely. I'm happy that I haven't fallen into that "fast pace" life trap. God Bless the midwest lifestyle. Haha.

I agree - its not always about the rides.
Plus AK has two of the most spectacular shows WDW has to offer IMO.

_Scar

Crap, I fueled DAK's fire and voted for it. I mistaked 'skip' for 'pick'. :(

I would of really skipped Epcot. I've been to Epcot twice within the last 2 years (not a lot), and I'm just not that into it. DHS is probably my least favorite park, but it has TSMM. Fantasmic is a must on any trip. GMR, Muppetvision, RNRC, and Star Tours are all classics.

Lucille

I agree - its not always about the rides.
Plus AK has two of the most spectacular shows WDW has to offer IMO.

Which shows? We actually didn't go to any shows when we were there last time. We're going again in January so maybe we'll try one. We aren't too big into shows usually though. (I do LOVE LOVE LOVE Aladdin at DCA though.)

Victor

Magic Kingdom.

Other than HM, JC, BTM, Splash, and Space, it's not worth the trouble.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I loved the park when I was a kid (obviously), but right now I can do without the crowds and 'herd of cattle' feeling you get there sometimes. It's just not so magical anymore. :shrug: For me, Epcot is where it's at, and always has been, even since I was little. That said, I absolutely can't wait to have kids and take them to MK, it'll be like seeing it through a new pair of eyes again.

krankenstein

Which shows? We actually didn't go to any shows when we were there last time. We're going again in January so maybe we'll try one. We aren't too big into shows usually though. (I do LOVE LOVE LOVE Aladdin at DCA though.)

You have to see Nemo and Festival of the Lion King! Those are the best shows at Disney World. :wave:

BTW, do not pass up Flights of Wonder either. It's a very well done show about birds doing what they naturally do.

TinkSassy

We make lots of shorter trips so excluding a park or two is a reality. Animal Kingdom is just a short day for us - we are done by lunch, so it gets cut a lot if we don't have time to hop.

If we have to cut two - it gets into how much time we got at DHS or Epcot on the last trip. Epcot usually gets cut in favor of DHS, unless we are on the dining plan :)

bg0617

I would be fine with missing Animal Kingdom. Not many true great attractions (even DHS has rides like Tower of Terror and Star Tours) at Animal Kingdom. Not to mention if you stay at the AKL in a savannah view room, you get some animal interaction/viewing.

_Scar

I would be fine with missing Animal Kingdom. Not many true great attractions (even DHS has rides like Tower of Terror and Star Tours) at Animal Kingdom. Not to mention if you stay at the AKL in a savannah view room, you get some animal interaction/viewing.

That makes me a sad panda. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom