If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

scheat

Maybe "corny" is the word I've been looking for... Indy and the Lights,Motors,Action show both just rub me the wrong way. I think it has to do with the "corniness" of them acting like they are actually filming. I think my whole attitude would change if they would talk to the audience and say things like 'If we were actually filming this, we would do this and this", etc.. Instead, they are presented as though they are actually filming something at that moment, and that just turns me off for whatever reason...

That's it. I finally understand now what I don't like abut DHS-thank you. Love TOT, RnRC, GMR, Muppet Vision, TSM and ST, but that other stuff I can totally do without. Chose AK only becasue I had to choose one, but just had to vent a little on what gettingsmaller was talking about.

Disneybear

Studios - Would miss ToT & IJASS but not a lot else

Magic Kingdom - Would miss Splash (probably a bit of familiarity breeding slight contempt here)

Epcot & Animal Kingdom - Love them both

Figment632

You think it is a bad idea to let the animals coexist as they do in nature?

picard-facepalm-thumb-512x409.jpg

Cynderella

I think MGM is the worst by far. We usually do AK and MGM in one day and we usually end up spending 80% of the day in AK and then doing just a few things in MGM.

And yes I know it is DHS but it will always be MGM to me and my family. :D

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Yes. We realize animals kill each other in the wild. Too bad this isn't the wild, it's Animal Kingdom. It's a conservation park too... I wouldn't like to see Simba eat Pumbaa in real life, and I'm sure no one else would. :eek:
I think you're wrong on this one. People would love to see the animals interact as they do in nature. People can learn a lot about these animals by watching how they hunt, kill, eat, copulate, give birth and die. As it stands now it is just a bunch of animals standing around eating and doing nothing. Until Disney gives the people what they want at the Animal Kingdom, the park will continue to rank dead last in popularity.

Figment632

I think you're wrong on this one. People would love to see the animals interact as they do in nature. People can learn a lot about these animals by watching how they hunt, kill, eat, copulate, give birth and die. As it stands now it is just a bunch of animals standing around eating and doing nothing. Until Disney gives the people what they want at the Animal Kingdom, the park will continue to rank dead last in popularity.

This is Disney not a real Safari in Africa you realize that right?

Young children would be scared to death to see an animal get mauled to death infront of them. You have a better chance of Disney ending the character of Mickey Mouse than ever seeing anything like this.

NewfieFan

The people want what!?!:shrug:

This isn't the Discovery Channel it's a theme park with "animals" as the theme... hence the name - Animal Kingdom! Not "Wild Kingdom"! :brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps the shock could be offset byu getting the kids to make their own burgers from the zebra carcus, and educating them on both the circle of life and the food chain, plus I understand Zebra makes a tasty meal a bit like horse.

grunter

All of the theming in the world cannot disguise the fact that Animal Kingdom is largely an empty park.

Once you do Everest, and maybe TTBAB and Dinosaur, your "experience" is over.

And no, I don't count that horrid safari cart zip through zoo thing as an attraction. After waiting one day more than 2 and half hours in sweltering 95+ degree Florida heat to get on the thing, we saw nothing but dozing alligators, a couple of giraffes and maybe an ostrich. Never again. Kilimanjaro Safaris is to Animal Kingdom as Sounds Dangerous is/was to MGM (yeah, it'll always be MGM and never "Hollywood Studios").

DisneyLeo18

You think it is a bad idea to let the animals coexist as they do in nature?

In a theme park experience, yes. The idea of AK (I believe) is a conservation park, as I briefly saw some one state. This isn't the Bronx zoo where the animals are in very small areas where there are 15 zebras and nothing else in the area. I know when you go on the safari the lions are basically separated from the other animals but not by walls or fences or anything. The animals are free to roam the savannah as they do in nature. No reason to put the lions with the zebras/gazelle and let them kill each other in my opinion. But to each his own.:D

Chrononymous

I chose EPCOT.
I know of those who say that it speaks "Disney" more than other parks.

That doesn't happen for me. Not anymore.

If this was still the EPCOT of the past...with all my favorite attractions still there, I wouldn't miss it for the world! But...well, everything I loved about this park is now extinct.

Courtney1188

While I do like Animal Kingdom, the lack of a nighttime show makes it my choice. I love ending my day with Wishes, Fantasmic, or Illuminations!

Courtney1188

All of the theming in the world cannot disguise the fact that Animal Kingdom is largely an empty park.

Once you do Everest, and maybe TTBAB and Dinosaur, your "experience" is over.

And no, I don't count that horrid safari cart zip through zoo thing as an attraction. After waiting one day more than 2 and half hours in sweltering 95+ degree Florida heat to get on the thing, we saw nothing but dozing alligators, a couple of giraffes and maybe an ostrich. Never again. Kilimanjaro Safaris is to Animal Kingdom as Sounds Dangerous is/was to MGM (yeah, it'll always be MGM and never "Hollywood Studios").

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
SOUNDS DANGEROUS?! Was KS really just compared to that?!

I...I...yeah, I kind of just don't even know where to begin.
Clearly someone needs to restructure how they plan their day at the theme parks, because I always go right in the morning. Short wait and the animals are typically quite active.

Courtney1188

Um...I really don't think the majority of us want to see the animals eat eachother. That sounds pretty horrifying for a child. There are much less traumatic ways to teach them about the food chain!

Figment632

Um...I really don't think the majority of us want to see the animals eat eachother. That sounds pretty horrifying for a child. There are much less traumatic ways to teach them about the food chain!

Yea instead of watching a gazelle being mutilated they could..... just watch the Lion King maybe.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Kids and adults don't want reality glossed over with sugar coating. Gives us the real deal and Disney will see AK park attendance improve.

Figment632

Kids and adults don't want reality glossed over with sugar coating. Gives us the real deal and Disney will see AK park attendance improve.

TacticalFacePalm.jpg

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! First off the whole park would be shut down under federal animal crueilty charges. The park managers that appoved it would go to jail just like Mike Vick.

You cant just endanger animals like that in the US. While it happens in nature if Disney went out of their way to ensure it happened DAK would be shut down.

Courtney1188

TacticalFacePalm.jpg

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! First off the whole park would be shut down under federal animal crueilty charges. The park managers that appoved it would go to jail just like Mike Vick.

You cant just endanger animals like that in the US. While it happens in nature if Disney went out of their way to ensure it happened DAK would be shut down.

Not to mention the fact that yes, some (I would dare to say even most) adults and kids do want the sugarcoating. While of course I am aware of what happens in nature, I really don't want to see animals tearing eachother apart. That would be disgusting and I can't imagine too many people who would be willing to pay money to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom