If you had to skip one park on your trip, which would it be?

If you had to skip one park on your trip which would it be?

• Total voters

Lucky

You can find a good substitute for DHS - Universal Studios - without leaving Orlando. There's nothing else in Orlando that's anything like AK.

Lucky

Maybe "corny" is the word I've been looking for... Indy and the Lights,Motors,Action show both just rub me the wrong way. I think it has to do with the "corniness" of them acting like they are actually filming. I think my whole attitude would change if they would talk to the audience and say things like 'If we were actually filming this, we would do this and this", etc.. Instead, they are presented as though they are actually filming something at that moment, and that just turns me off for whatever reason...
Telling the audience to applaud is also a big turn off at LMA. If it's such a great attraction, they don't need to do that.

They could do a lot better with the Studios theme.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think even most Disney die hards will admit that Universal is better than MGM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh youll go straight to hell for that one.

:sohappy:
530-098a%20.jpg

Lucille

I used to LOVE MK when I went there as a kid and teenager. Then I had a 13 year gap between trips to WDW. And in that gap, I ended up seeing Disneyland for the first time (and hundreds of times after that.) After going to MK again, it really doesn't compare to Disneyland so it dropped down pretty far on my list.

1. Disneyland
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. MK
5. California Adventure
6. MGM/DHS

Future Guy

I picked AK, even though my wife will never allow us to skip it. It's beautifully themed and well-done, but I could skip it and not feel like I missed anything.

Matt and Kelly

Back in July 2008, I was in Orlando for a convention and had a day off, which I spent at WDW. I only had the one free day before I flew home so I tried to get through as much of the World as I could.

It was my first time back to WDW since I was a kid so I could barely remember DHS and had never been to DAK since it wasn't opened yet.

I started at MK first thing, rode as many rides as I could within a coupel hours and headed to Epcot. I only ended up on Maelstrom, Nemo and Soarin' because of the wait time at that ride and the lines at the others would have kept me there all day.

From there I went to DHS and had a blast. By the time I was ready to leave DHS, I was exhausted and couldn't bring myself to take the trek to DAK so I went back to the hotel.

After visiting the park for 10 days this past March and getting intorduced to DAK, I loved it and was pretty mad at myself for skipping it last time.

I guess making a long story longer, I selected Epcot to skip. Even though I love Soarin', that park doesn't attract me as much as the other three do.

Sorry for the long rant :snore:

rkelly42

Hands down DHS, after you get by ToT and RnR it just plain bores me. I would hate to miss those two rides but as a park overall I like the AK better.

Heavy Metal

We've had to skip a park here or there on a couple of different trips and the one we end up skipping is always Animal Kingdom. Instead of skipping a park though we'll usually just spend 1/2 day in Animal Kingdom and the other 1/2 in Hollywood Studios...

MKCP 1985

It is a pretty sure bet that in a poll like this, the "award" is going to go to either the confused identity park "MGM? Disney Hollywood Studios?" or the zoo park.

And then it is funny to me to read this thread and see how vocal people are about the Studios park, but the current voting results award the distinction of "most skippable Disney park" to the Animal Kingdom in a landslide.

:lol:

Animal Kingdom gets my vote for these reasons:

1. It is the hottest park where you typically find the hardest time keeping hydrated.

2. It is still getting over getting shafted in its creation budget. Kali is too short, the effects in Dinosaur and Everest don't work as they should and the Chester and Hester land is a lousy substitute for what should have been a Beastly Kingdom!

3. Too few attractions

4. Fewer park operating hours means less bang for your buck.

So there are my reasons.

Truth is, I like all four of the parks and will probably make time to see them all the next time I have a true Disney vacation. But if I have to cut one. . . it will be the Animal Kingdom.

krankenstein

My personal ranking of the parks:

1) DAK
2) EPCOT Center
3) MK
4) DHS

I could easily skip both MK and DHS when I go to WDW. :lookaroun

OklaHoops

Least favorite

I love all of the parks! If I had to pick the one we visit the least it is DHS just slightly less enjoyable then AK. I could live at EPCOT! Its not the rides it is the feeling!:sohappy:

stonehill1968

Don't understand the hate for AK. For us it would be a 2-day park even if it didn't have a single ride at all (OK, at least Safari). It is, after all, the ANIMAL Kingdom, not the How-Many-Thrill-Rides-Are-Hidden-Behind-Those-Trees Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom