If money were no object, what would you STILL not do at Disney?

OurDailyGruel

What just isn't worth the time and effort for you at Disney if you were Midas?
Would you turn down Grand Floridian for your longtime favorite?
Would you turn down Victoria and Albert?

If I were rich, I would still pass on Victoria and Albert because I don't think one meal should cost that much.. Of course, if it was free, I would not turn it down but I am asking what would you forego if you had lots of money but it was still your own money that you would be spending.

mrsdanalind

If Money were no object

If money was no object, I'd take my children, spouses, and grandchildren and pay the bill for everyone and everything they wanted to do. My husband would want to stay at the Polynesian and I'd want to stay in the Contemporary Tower. Maybe eat in our favorite restaurants more than one time during a trip. Maybe buy a Dooney Burk Mickey purse for myself and since the grandchildren would be with me whatever the wanted. Although I would like the souveniers made in the USA and not China.

My bucket list includes staying at EVERY resort on Disney Property. I would buy things that I really want, and be very picky. (being an ex CM had made me picky). I would actually invest in a condo or in the Vacation club for my family so that they could visit when they wanted to. I would do all the little extra things that I've wanted to do, like take some of the classes, and also some of the back stage things, but it's a dream that I want to do, so the odds of it getting done is good.

Upvote 0

pooh-san

This is kind of a fun question. I think I would definately eat at Victoria & Albert's; that might even be the first thing I'd do. I've eaten at a lot of really good places, but I've never done a 5-diamond restaurant. Would like to see what that's all about.

The Grand Floridian, however ... it looks nice and all, but it doesn't seem to have any special theme to it, you know? Gorgeous, but is there anything that makes it any different from a resort hotel down in the Keys or out in the Carribean? This is going to perhaps sound silly, but I'd honestly rather stay at one of the All-Star's when I'm in Disneyworld. I don't think I'm going to see the same look on my daughter's face at the Grand Floridian that I would the first time she looks up at those giant Dalmatians sitting outside the All-Star Movies.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian are a different story, but I already stay at those. If money were not an option, maybe I'd stay there longer.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The tethered balloon thing in Downtown Disney. I'm sorry but that does NOT look safe to me.

Agreed. I watched it land a few times and I *promise* you I'd skydive before I ever went up in that balloon thing. You know the old episodes of Tom & Jerry where Tom would get so scared he'd stick to the ceiling with his claws? That would be me but on the floor of the passenger thing when it touched back down. I watched it hit lopsided and bounce all over almost like it was out of control and thought, "Oh heck no." I didn't see many people in it at the time. I figured they were all down on their knees praying. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

Well lets see......I would not stay at Animal Kingdom lodge..I dont like animals or zoos or anything like that. I would not go in the ballon at Downtown Disney as I hate heights and as you guys said it doesnt look safe. I wouldnt parasail or ride those mini motor boats. But I would do everything else and eat at every restaurant and stay at every other Disney resort!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Meatloaf.jpg

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

Upvote 0

Mukta

What just isn't worth the time and effort for you at Disney if you were Midas?

Golf. I don't play and I wouldn't want to spend my time at WDW that way. I think I would try everything else at least once just to be able to say that I tried it and have an experienced opinion.

Upvote 0

360rico1

I would not go to Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique. I dont think i would look good as a princess. But then again if I was rich I just might do it. (I'd rock out like Cheech Marin in Up in smoke, Mickey Mouse ears and all.) hehehe.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

well well well

Stay at an All Star resort. Not what you were looking for exactly but I think I'd be more likely to pitch a tent before I stayed at those. And I fully hate camping in a way words can't describe. :D

well arent you a haughty one? "pitch a tent"...not everyone can afford the luxuries of the resorts you stated in your profile...i took my family to all star movies last april and next yr were staying at all star sports...to my family and I, not to mention thousands of other families who visit the all star resorts, we find it affordable, friendly, and a great experience....sure, they are not 5 star, but it gives us a better atmosphere (in my opinion) then some of the other on site resorts...keep your snide comments to yourself...

Upvote 0

Jane Doe

The tethered balloon thing in Downtown Disney. I'm sorry but that does NOT look safe to me.

Now, see, my other half has just booked a balloon ride which we are due to go on in a couple of weeks and the fact that it's NOT tethered to the ground makes me wish I was booked in for the Downtown Disney flight. Plus the fact that our balloon ride is with Virgin Balloon Flights is a bit concerning, I know Richard Branson's airliners are safe and modern but his track record in ballooning is a bit iffy to say the least.

Upvote 0

sbkline

In the past year or so, we came into an inheritance, which allowed us to pay off the house, and have a comfy amount in the bank account. There are places we have wanted to stay at WDW that we previously couldn't afford, but can now afford, and we plan to stay at these places (such as Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and other Deluxe Resorts). There are other things that we have no interest in doing, even though we can afford it now. So basically, what this thread boils down to is, what do you have no desire to do at WDW? As opposed to "what do you not plan to do because you can't afford it?"

For us, here are some things that we simply don't want to do, whether we can afford it or not:

Join DVC
Stay at a DVC resort
Stay at the Contemporary or the Yacht Club
Get the Deluxe Dining Plan
Richard Petty Driving Experience
Eat at Victoria and Albert's
Do a tour
Do a big shopping spree and buy a bunch of useless junk just because we can
Stay longer than 2 weeks

Basically, things that I have really wanted to do, but could not afford, I now plan to do. And that really isn't very many things. Mainly, staying at Deluxe Resorts, and staying a little longer. Anything else, I just had no desire to do anyway.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I guess I should clarify my own answer by adding that it depends on how you define the phrase "money is no object". If, by that you mean, whatever you WANT (emphasis on the word "want") to do, you're gonna do, regardless of money, then I stand by what I said earlier. I'm in a position to be able to do those things I have previously wanted to do (such as staying at Grand Floridian), and I do intend to do those things on future trips.

Now, you could also define "money is no object" by saying that there are some things that you don't really desire to do, but you may be willing to do if someone else foots the bill. For me, this would include the Contemporary and the Yacht Club. I can now afford those places, but the theme just doesn't appeal to me, so I have no real desire to stay at either one of those places. The Grand Floridian is more expensive than those two places and I do plan to stay there. But I don't really like the theme of the Contemporary or the Yacht Club, so I don't intend to pay to stay at either place. However, ultimately, the thing that matters most is being on vacation at WDW with my family. So if I won some kind of sweepstakes, or if Bill Gates decided to generously fund a 10 night vacation for us, and the only thing available was the Yacht Club or the Contemporary, then yes, I would rather take a free vacation at one of those two places than to fork out over 4 grand for another resort of my choice. So I guess in that instance, money is an object in the sense that I would only pick one of those resorts if it didn't cost me any. But even if the offer included the Richard Petty Driving Experience, or a tour, I'm not sure I would be interested in those things...even for free. Too much time wasted that could otherwise be used for park touring. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom