If money were no object, what would you STILL not do at Disney?

OurDailyGruel

What just isn't worth the time and effort for you at Disney if you were Midas?
Would you turn down Grand Floridian for your longtime favorite?
Would you turn down Victoria and Albert?

If I were rich, I would still pass on Victoria and Albert because I don't think one meal should cost that much.. Of course, if it was free, I would not turn it down but I am asking what would you forego if you had lots of money but it was still your own money that you would be spending.

Aurora&Phillip

I would still NOT buy a balloon. You never know when you are going to get into the parking lot and your kids balloon is going to just float away, leaving them holding a string. What a massive disappointment this would be. :( Watching your blinking balloon soar off to Grampa. Bummer....

:ROFLOL: Hilarious, yet oh so true! I would never pay that price for a balloon!

Upvote 0

CamiLyn227

I would not go fishing, play golf(including mini golf), go to a water park, or spend too much time at Animal Kingdom. I also would probably never go to WDW October through May. I only like to go when it's hot.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

well arent you a haughty one? "pitch a tent"...not everyone can afford the luxuries of the resorts you stated in your profile...i took my family to all star movies last april and next yr were staying at all star sports...to my family and I, not to mention thousands of other families who visit the all star resorts, we find it affordable, friendly, and a great experience....sure, they are not 5 star, but it gives us a better atmosphere (in my opinion) then some of the other on site resorts...keep your snide comments to yourself...

Welcome to the boards!:wave:

In sweetpea's defense, I think you read the post wrong. A dislike of the values is not always a class thing. The busses, tour groups, food court, etc... are unappealing to many people. Sooner pitching a tent than staying there is the same as me saying I'd stay at Movies before I'd stay at Fort Wilderness. It's just a comparison to illustrate how much you may dislike another resort.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Ever tried it? If not, then you can't really say you wouldn't like it. But you probably wouldn't.

NO, I can say I wouldn't enjoy it. The whole experience at V&A's isn't my thing. I don't get dressed up in my daily life as it us, I sure as hell aint getting dressed up at WDW !!!!! While I appreciate a good meal at Narcoossee's, Citricos, Yachtsman, the whole gourmet dining thing doesn't appeal to me. Escpecially if it takes 2/12 or 3 hours.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

In sweetpea's defense, I think you read the post wrong. A dislike of the values is not always a class thing. The busses, tour groups, food court, etc... are unappealing to many people. Sooner pitching a tent than staying there is the same as me saying I'd stay at Movies before I'd stay at Fort Wilderness. It's just a comparison to illustrate how much you may dislike another resort.

Ehhh, that's how I read it too - it wasn't the nicest of things to say. I wouldn't have called her out on it personally, but it is what it is. :shrug:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

NO, I can say I wouldn't enjoy it. The whole experience at V&A's isn't my thing. I don't get dressed up in my daily life as it us, I sure as hell aint getting dressed up at WDW !!!!! While I appreciate a good meal at Narcoossee's, Citricos, Yachtsman, the whole gourmet dining thing doesn't appeal to me. Escpecially if it takes 2/12 or 3 hours.

I used to feel that way, but we're gonna try it next month. Clearly, the food is something special. It gets rave reviews from all critics and is the only 5 diamond restaurant in Central Florida.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I used to feel that way, but we're gonna try it next month. Clearly, the food is something special. It gets rave reviews from all critics and is the only 5 diamond restaurant in Central Florida.

My wife and I have eaten there twice. The first time was the night I proposed to her. The second was to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We're not snobs or foodies by any means, but there is something really nice about having outstanding service, with great tasting food (no matter what the name or look of the food is) in a romantic intimate setting. If you still don't like it after you tried it, then hey, it's just not your thing. For someone to say, "I know I won't like it" just because of their prejudices without having tried it seems very childish to me and somewhat small-minded, but to each his own.

Upvote 0

stargrl33

well arent you a haughty one? "pitch a tent"...not everyone can afford the luxuries of the resorts you stated in your profile...i took my family to all star movies last april and next yr were staying at all star sports...to my family and I, not to mention thousands of other families who visit the all star resorts, we find it affordable, friendly, and a great experience....sure, they are not 5 star, but it gives us a better atmosphere (in my opinion) then some of the other on site resorts...keep your snide comments to yourself...

WOW. Speaking of haughty....

I'm really glad that you and your family enjoyed the all star resort you stayed in but that's not everyone's style. And that has nothing to do with being "haughty." I found nothing snide about the OP's post but I do find yours incredibly rude.

I have never felt the need on these boards to call people out but your post was really mean and unneccessary. You can't go through life assuming that everyone with a different opinion is somehow out to insult you.

Upvote 0

OurDailyGruel

Original Poster
Would you cuddle with dolphins at Epcot?

I already decided against Richard Petty, the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon and the dolphins at Epcot and Seaworld before I thought about whether my decisions were merely money motivated. I think there are some things that are just overpriced.

However, if money were no object I would definitely not pay for my kids to swim with the dolphins at Seaworld because I use to watch our goldfish swim in the same water they poo'ed in but at Epcot, there is no swimming just wading into the water to take a photo. I am not sure since I have never wanted to take a picture with a dolphin.

Does anyone think it would be wonderful to hug a dolphin. I've read that particular Carl Hiassen novel so no, not me. I would pay to hug a panda though (and hope it wouldn't maul me.)

Upvote 0

njDizFan

I honestly didn't expect anybody, no less, a large percentage of people, say they would not go to V&A's??

I find it hard to understand. Is it the fact that you have to wear a dinner jacket or dress?

Having a meal made with the freshest ingredients, served by a professional server, prepared by world class chefs, doesn't sound enticing?

Upvote 0

MissM

For someone to say, "I know I won't like it" just because of their prejudices without having tried it seems very childish to me and somewhat small-minded, but to each his own.
I don't think it has to be that way though, sheesh. I think V&A is cool. It's a heck of an experience. It's WAY outside my comfort price range but even if I had unlimited money, it wouldn't really be my thing since I know I'm a VERY picky eater and wouldn't like 90% of the food they would serve. So it would be wasted on me. It has nothing to do with being childish in my case, just recognizing that it's WELL outside my food choice comfort range.

Upvote 0

yensid67

What just isn't worth the time and effort for you at Disney if you were Midas?
Would you turn down Grand Floridian for your longtime favorite?
Would you turn down Victoria and Albert?

If I were rich, I would still pass on Victoria and Albert because I don't think one meal should cost that much.. Of course, if it was free, I would not turn it down but I am asking what would you forego if you had lots of money but it was still your own money that you would be spending.

If I had the money and could still have a comfortable nest-egg after all my spending, it is safe to say I would be 'living' at WDW for at least a year AND DL for a month to do EVERYTHING that Disney had to offer! Then after I did US parks I MIGHT venture to SEE the other parks in other countries and grab a souvenir from each! I would not do Adventures by Disney...I think they are just well planned vacations that anyone can do if they put their minds and finances to it!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I don't think it has to be that way though, sheesh. I think V&A is cool. It's a heck of an experience. It's WAY outside my comfort price range but even if I had unlimited money, it wouldn't really be my thing since I know I'm a VERY picky eater and wouldn't like 90% of the food they would serve. So it would be wasted on me. It has nothing to do with being childish in my case, just recognizing that it's WELL outside my food choice comfort range.

From what I've read, V&A's will pretty much make anything just the way you like it.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I would never book a trip on Jan 1st, during April school vacation, July 4th, Thanksgiving day, Dec 24,25th, or any other times when the parks reach maximum capacity and wait times are such that you cannot enjoy more than 5 rides a day. I've heard the horror stories about shoulder to shoulder crowds and it's not for me.

Upvote 0

Mimi

I will never step foot in Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama out of respect for Walt Disney. It may be cute at a local fairground but I feel it does not belong in WDW.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

value resorts are great!

Even still, after reading several put downs of the all star resorts, i get tired of it...it may not be a class thing, but even at a place like wdw, class warfare comes into play...its just the way it is...its easy to pick it up, just read comments on this site, or read trip advisor reviews....etc. I wish it wasnt there, and the all star resorts always get a bad rap. Im just saying that a family like mine, as well as the thousands of people who frequent the all star resorts, absolutely love it! the colors, sounds, decor, and laid back atmosphere, is what will keep me coming back. As far as the food courts go, granted, its hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pizza etc...but ill take a good ole cheeseburger any time. Im at disney world, not the left bank at a cafe in paris eating a crepe....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom