iasw OPEN? BEEN ON IT?

slappy magoo

BrerVeritas said:
Just out of curiosity, what the point of a soft opening for small world. Its not a new attraction, and it probably doesn't need to be tested too extensively. The ride mechanics are pretty simple. You would figure a couple of test runs would be enough to know its working properly?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe there's a new doll that's supposed to look nice and friendly, but turns out to be good old-fashioned nightmare fuel.

More than likely, I'd bet CMs will "select" photogenic guests of various ethnic backgrounds (but still, you know, mostly white so as not to frighten the GOPers who give WDW their tax breaks) to be among the first to ride, so they can super-purty pictures of IASW Back in Business for newsletter and such. Keep the environment under close cover until the photo ops are done, then open it to the public.

I'm gonna be there starting Good Friday. If there's ever a time that the line is less than eleventy-seven hours long, I'll let you know how it looks. :D

Oh, and Tinton Falls, between Asbury Park and Red Bank, for me.

Captain Hank

The soft openings are probably more for CM training--getting them used to the ride system again with a small crowd rather than a baptism by fire with the opening day deluge. They can effectively control the crowd numbers during soft open in a way they can't during full open.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Just another Jerseyan (Freehold, NJ to be exact) who cant wait to hear about the new IASW checking in. 10 more days and my butt will be in a seat on the happiest cruise that ever sailed...yay!!:sohappy: :::sings 'it's a small world after all' to herself repeatedly and wonders what everyone is staring at:::

BrerVeritas

Who would have known New jErsey would have such a strong contingent of WDW nuts. We should combine forces and petition them to build us something up here. heck, I'd even take a WDW style reteraunt in the tristate area...you know just to hold off the pangs of longing suffered from being up here in the cold...so far away...

Captain Chaos

BrerVeritas said:
Who would have known New jErsey would have such a strong contingent of WDW nuts. We should combine forces and petition them to build us something up here. heck, I'd even take a WDW style reteraunt in the tristate area...you know just to hold off the pangs of longing suffered from being up here in the cold...so far away...

you know, Walt was looking at the Jersey meadowlands as a possible location for Disney World. But since the climate would require the parks to be closed most of the winter season, NJ was passed over...

BrerVeritas

dxer07002 said:
you know, Walt was looking at the Jersey meadowlands as a possible location for Disney World. But since the climate would require the parks to be closed most of the winter season, NJ was passed over...

Wow, I didn't know that. I am a ten minut drive from the medowlands. I would have gone in winter...every weekend. I'd make sure we kjept them open.

Wow, my life would have been very different if it were there.

I'm gonna go daydream about that for a while.

claning

slappy magoo said:
More than likely, I'd bet CMs will "select" photogenic guests of various ethnic backgrounds (but still, you know, mostly white so as not to frighten the GOPers who give WDW their tax breaks) to be among the .

Wow. And I was hoping my work to enlighten NJ toward the Red Zone was working. Oh well. South Jersey Disney fan here. Glassboro to be exact. Where there are still some vestiges of garden in the Garden State.

THREAD DRIFT AVOIDANCE: Looking forward to going on IASW in two weeks. Want to hear if it really does sound better.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Anyone thinking we should rename this thread the "IASW Discussion For People From NJ" thread?

I'm with Brer...its about time this part of the east coast got some Disney magic...never gonna happen tho...too frikken cold...who would want to go to a Disney park just to freeze their behinds off one min and be sweating the next? I would go...but thats just bc I'm an idiot like that (and I'm already from NJ so im used to the weird weather) NJ: Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes...it will change.

More Thead Drift Avoidance: Still no report...come on it's 2:30...someone has to be back at their resort for an afternoon break by now. Now if only they'd go turn on the computer and upload us some pictures! I know, i know, I'm really impatient!

BrerVeritas

I just want to apologize and take the brunt of the responsibility for the thread drift here. I fsomeone wants to start a new thread over on General discussion for the NJ chat, I'll be more than happy to join in. For know, seeing as we may be getting a IASW post soon...we should probably go back to that topic.

P.S. I only say this because I don't actually post alot, and I don't want to be held responsible for a drastically drifted thread topic. If you feel this is a proper way to kill time while we wait for the update...ignore me and go back to the great NJ banter.

SirGoofy

I usually hate IASW, but after seeing what was done to the queue, I am excited to see it.

P.S> I'm from Jersey, too! South Jersey, in a little slice of heaven called Cinnaminson :lol: .

BrerVeritas

Is the new soundtrack,(the original Disneyland one) the one from the resort Cd's. That orchestral version... or is it still changed in theme as you go from country to country. I always liked how the music would change in each room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom