iasw OPEN? BEEN ON IT?

thimblekisses

donsullivan said:
I happened to be in the last row and there is absolutely a change in that row. The seat is less than 6 inches high so you're just about sitting on the floor with your knees up your nose throughout the ride. I suspect many older guests will have trouble getting in and out of that row with the seats so low.

These boats have 6 rows but I can't remember how many the old ones had.

We sat in the last row too. It seemed like I had to sit down really far and the seat was lower than I expected it to be, so I kindof hit it with a THUD! Also, I don't know if it always does this, but the boat behind us stayed RIGHT behind us the whole ride, it almost seemed as if the two boats were connected. Is that possible? That the boats now go through in pairs?
How many rows were in the old boats? IT wasn't six, was it? I don't remember. Any chance we'll be seeing these old boats on Disney auctions anytime soon? :p

Yukinon

donsullivan said:
He seemed all cleaned up and turned out to me the other day. The whole ride is absolutely beautiful no matter where you look. My video only has a few frames of him since just as he came into view, I panned across to the other side and don't have a clear picture of him.

Thank you thank you!! I have been wondering about if they were going to do anything with that poor lil dingo!!

One more question -- do they still have the wheelchair accessible boats? Also, do they now make the wheelchairs enter the same way as the rest of the crowd or thru the exit like before? I had heard they were going to expand the walkways of the entrance to accomodate wheelchairs so they would not go thru the exit any more - some people think that the wheelchairs are skipping in line or something, which I do not believe since when your with a wheelchair they make you wait for the wheelchair boat anyhow. Sometimes depending on the size of the line, they make you wait longer anyhow before loading you in a boat. (We push my Granny around in a wheelchair in Disney, that is why I am curious)

speck76

Yukinon said:
Thank you thank you!! I have been wondering about if they were going to do anything with that poor lil dingo!!

One more question -- do they still have the wheelchair accessible boats? Also, do they now make the wheelchairs enter the same way as the rest of the crowd or thru the exit like before? I had heard they were going to expand the walkways of the entrance to accomodate wheelchairs so they would not go thru the exit any more - some people think that the wheelchairs are skipping in line or something, which I do not believe since when your with a wheelchair they make you wait for the wheelchair boat anyhow. Sometimes depending on the size of the line, they make you wait longer anyhow before loading you in a boat. (We push my Granny around in a wheelchair in Disney, that is why I am curious)

Yes, some bosts are still ADA accessible

I notice that the tulips that the Dutch kids are sitting on now rock back and forth toward us like their counterparts do at DL. I don't recall them ever doing this since my first trip through IASW in the early 70's...

Finally got a chance to ride IASW saturday evening. Id have to say overall, I like the way the rehab came out. But it kinda looks like they finished it up in a little bit of a hurry. Just saw what looked like a few missed things, such as the lights around the control tower were not working, didnt repaint the exit bridge walkway, and if you look down into the water, there is a ton of dirt and debris in there I would imagine from all the construction and paint etc... Then as mentioned some of the AA's were not moving, and the hawaiian girls on the left side were not even mounted straight in the floor and lots of grass from the skirts were all around the platform. Also there seemed to be alot of exposed wiring all over the ride. And I have to mention, could they not have been a little more creative that using plain old textured ceiling paint on the load/unload facade? But still overall was a good redo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom