iasw OPEN? BEEN ON IT?

GymLeaderPhil

It's a Small World did not open up with the park today. The walls were down though and CMs were telling two different stories (either Saturday or Sunday), but Sunday was the popular opening date of choice. I arrived at 11:30ish, took some pictures, met a random online Disney photographer, and we rode out to Epcot to make the Soarin' preview at 1:00 p.m.

Got back after to the MK after the Soarin' Preview prior to the afternoon parade. IASW was open and there was a line outside the attraction... crazy.

The ride looked AMAZING. Still smelled like paint everywhere. One part (one boy and two animals) before the finale was not working. Most of the overhead characters that do a tightrope act (or something like that) were not operating. Everything else was and the cealing was certainly abestos free.

I took over 100 pictures, they will be up as soon as I get home on Saturday.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I got a chance to ride tonight when they re-opened after another breakdown around 9:45 or so. The ride itself is essentially the same but it looks spectacular.

I've got video of the whole thing that I'll post a link to as soon as it's edited. I'm uploading to the computer right now and since I had too much caffeine today and will be up all night anyway, I might as well accomplish something with the time:D

rainfully

donsullivan said:
I got a chance to ride tonight when they re-opened after another breakdown around 9:45 or so. The ride itself is essentially the same but it looks spectacular.

I've got video of the whole thing that I'll post a link to as soon as it's edited. I'm uploading to the computer right now and since I had too much caffeine today and will be up all night anyway, I might as well accomplish something with the time:D

Very nice, thanks! :)

MicBat

donsullivan said:

That would be AWESOME and greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! :wave:

tk421-sw

donsullivan said:

I'll have mine on tommorw night! Sweet!

speck76

pics

11724Pic001-med.jpg

11724Pic003-med.jpg

11724Pic009-med.jpg

11724Pic015-med.jpg

11724Pic018-med.JPG

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
MicBat said:
Ok, nevermind.. they're all showing up now.

now there are just a few pics, and not all of them... not even red x's in their place... i remember seeing monkeys, and they aren't there now..?
thanks for the great pics spec!

speck76

MicBat said:
Thanks for the pics!! Are the monkeys new???

I did not remember them.....but I had not been on the ride for 7 or 8 years.

One nice thing is that the walls behinds the sets are black (which I do not remember them being), so the sets look better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom