I remember when ...............

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember when they had group canoe rides on the rivers of America with really corny jokes from the tour guides. Yes you actually had paddles and paddled around.

Mr Wizard

I remember when the entire Muppet water fountain in MGM was animated. Every character spun, moved and shot water. Anybody have any footage of it? And I actually remember back much more than that but we won't go there now.

Spike-in-Berlin

I remember when they had group canoe rides on the rivers of America with really corny jokes from the tour guides. Yes you actually had paddles and paddled around.

I remember them, the David Crockett Canoes. I did them once in 1984, it was a different kind of ride because you actually had to paddle yourself but it was fun.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember when a time the parks celebrated every anniversary of their parks and it meant something..

When TV Specials with celebrites, music artists and Muppets made you really want to go to Walt Disney World

When Disney-MGM was an actual movie studio and can see Aladdin's Royal Caravan, Jim Henson's Dinosaurs live, And a short lived Ace Ventura show on the Streets of America.
When Going to Epcot the park was lush futuristic and educationaly fun to go to.

But my biggest one...I remember a time when we never had the internet and the only way to find out about anything new coming to the parks was when the Very Merry Christmas and Easter Parade was on...Good Times..

Remember when the only way to see the streets of America was on the backlot tour, no walking like now. They had actors running around playing the role of ________ Tracy characters I seem to remember.

I remember them, the David Crockett Canoes. I did them once in 1984, it was a different kind of ride because you actually had to paddle yourself but it was fun.

Those were the ones yes.

crazgurl

I remember when the Castle was pink for the 25th anniversary............what too soon? :D

Yeah Disney, don't ever do that again

You beat me to that one!!

I also remember when there was the boat ride in AK
dreamfinder
tarzan rocks
hunchback of notre dame
pleasure island was actually open
there was no hat at MGM, just the earful tower
the villains store was actually cool
Stitch wasn't ruinning attractions....

MickeyMind

I remember taking a boat from the magic kingdom to river country for the afternoon.

I remember when the backlot tour took you through the residential street and you saw the golden girl's house and adventure in wonderland house.

I remember flower street on main street.

I remember when there was no fastpass and everyone had to wait in the same line.

I remember when splash and tot first opened.

I remember mickey's starland.

I remember a time when the only meet and greet that was scheduled was mickey's. Everyone else just came out whenever they came out, if you got a picture with them, great, if not, good luck finding them at another time.

I remember when you could ride the skyway.

I remember the grand openess of the contemporary resort grand concourse, back before some idiot decided to put a store in the middle of it and a dark cheap looking arcade where the store used to be.

The last one really irked me, seriously, whose idea was it to do that? they really effed it up

crazgurl

when the 101 dalmation robotic dogs were shown at mgm
when ellen's bookstore was also there
when discovery island was still open

gadget

Tomorrowland Terrace

Tomorrowland Terrace used to have the best pizza. I made a point to eat there every time I was at the park. It may have switched over to noodles, but I least the pizza can be found at Pinnochios Village Haus, just not Mickey shaped.

I also remember invisible dog leashes being sold outside of Haunted Mansion. I bought one when I was 12 and wandered around Magic Kingdom with it all day.

Tinkerbell 8

Cosmic Rays didn't have Sonny. Instead a live band performed at set times and appeared by rising up on an elevator onto the stage like an aircraft does on an aircraft carrier.

They still do this during the music days. I was in marching band in HS and we performed in the nighttime parade (spectromagic at the time), the orchastra performed in epcot and select members of the jazz ensemble performed at cosmic rays, they rose up on the stage too, it was pretty cool.

dixiegirl

NO FREE DINING!!!!! Sorry I dislike it so much can't even put it into words.....Yes I've used it its fine, yeah you save money....blah blah blah, but I so miss going up to a sit down restaurant and getting a reservation, then at that time or later in the day, granted, Im very good with making my Reservations ahead of time and get what we want before our trip but I miss the not planning where you want to eat , playing it by ear! We really don't do many table service places because of this and I really don'tlike having to "schedule " things when I'm on vacation, because thats what it is!

I miss the old "tip of the day" tv loop, that was great stuff, I love that I have a cd of it to play in my car when I get really bad withdrawals, that was good tv!

I miss when going to disney in August and Sept was dead, can't really complain about it now , but when you add in that freaking free dining well not like it was 10 even 15 yrs ago!

I also miss the characters just walking around the parks, made it so much more magical, I don't mind waiting in line , but to see mickey just walking around the magic kingdom.....yeah that was really great!

Guess I could go on and on but I won't , things change what can you do , won't stop me from going to my Happy Place!

Oh I also miss the Tollhouse cookie sandwiches...Yeah I can get one here in RI but dam, in Disney when it was hot.....Oh yeah YUmmy!

76 more days and I'll be going home!

dixiegirl

ooh miss the cheese and fruit plate at all the resorts....those were good , pair it with a glass of wine..oh yeah.....and cHocolate covered crossants at Yes Dixie Landings.......(Oh I'm going there, with the name change) I miss that name too, and when they use to play the cajun music all over the resort.
Ok i'll be done now!

Spike-in-Berlin

I remember when you could sit at aunt pollys on TSI with a snack and a cold soft drink and watch a keel boat drive by, then the riverboat, then a canoe...

C&D

To Dixiegirl post #35:

Tollhouse Ice Cream Sandwitch still available on proptery (just not in the parks); the Screen Door (on the Boardwalk) and the general store at the Beach Club have them. I'm sure there are other places as well. I like them too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom