I remember when ...............

tink2044

I remember when World Showcase 1st opened, and there were characters from each country walking around.

River country at Fort Wilderness

Discovery Island

tink2044

I remember when World Showcase 1st opened, and there were characters from each country walking around.

Also when they didn't want the disney characters at Epcot

When you could pool hop at the resorts

River country at Fort Wilderness

Discovery Island

Minnie1976

I remember when I could walk up to any restaurant on property and get seated in under 30-45 minutes.
I remember that too. Going to the Castle in the morning and making reservations for lunch at King Stefan's Banquet Hall. Not having to plan where you were going to eat. Not having to call 180 days ahead of time and having to give your credit card to hold your reservation.

When coming from Main Street into Adventureland after you crossed the bridge, there was a restaurant on the right that served pretty good chinese food. The name has escaped me, but the boys loved to sit and entertain themselves watching the fish in the little stream that passed by. I guess the food was too good. Now I don't think there is anything in there.

muteki

I remember the first few times I went to EPCOT there was enough interesting things to do in FW for a day that I never realized World Showcase even existed, until my 3rd or 4th visit, when things started to close...

MaryJaneP

I remember Welch's White grape Juice stand behind the Castle in MK.

Also, I don't think you could get a boat right to River Country, I always had to get boat to FW dock and walk over to River Country.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember Welch's White grape Juice stand behind the Castle in MK.

Also, I don't think you could get a boat right to River Country, I always had to get boat to FW dock and walk over to River Country.

I remember getting the bus to River Country from a River Country parking lot. The trip took ages it seemed and the buses weren't frequent, mind you River Country was quality in its day.

dixiegirl

To Dixiegirl post #35:

Tollhouse Ice Cream Sandwitch still available on proptery (just not in the parks); the Screen Door (on the Boardwalk) and the general store at the Beach Club have them. I'm sure there are other places as well. I like them too.

AHHH why thank you , I'll be visiting then in uh lets see.....76 more days!!(side note I see them all the time at our local convience store but just not the same!)

Minnie1976

I almost forgot. I miss driving on to Disney property and being able to tune into the Disney radio station.

Walking into the parks and not having to have your bags checked.

The monorails that had seats for everyone.

There was a corn chowder that was served in Epcot that was real good.

I miss the Motion attraction.

Also Space Earth toward the end with the old television shows.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I almost forgot. I miss driving on to Disney property and being able to tune into the Disney radio station.

Walking into the parks and not having to have your bags checked.

The monorails that had seats for everyone.

There was a corn chowder that was served in Epcot that was real good.

I miss the Motion attraction.

Also Space Earth toward the end with the old television shows.

Was great wasn't it, really got the anticipation going as you drove in :animwink:

LowesChevy

I remember when DHS & Animal Kingdom both opened

...When Catastrophe Canyon used to have a wait over an hour
...When Maelstrom opened and people would wait over an hour
...Riding the Skyway-hoping in the car was so fun!
...20,000 Leagues-riding the Skyway when this ride was under refurb was especially awesome. They had to drain it to paint it
...The World of Motion & Horizons
...Dreamfinder!

Scuttle

I remember the insane aerial show at Epcot. Looking back at that i really can't even believe that was done.

tl77

I remember seeing the monorail tracks to Epcot being built, there were big cranes on the side of the road hoisting them into place, and Spaceship Earth was just a big black ball half covered in silver triangles, and everyone kept asking "what's with the ball? is the ball Epcot? is there going to be something insde the ball?" :ROFLOL: ...I'm old

Disney Dawg88

I remember the McDonald's Fries cart in Adventure Land in between BTMRR and PoTC. I believe that it was called the Golden Nugget cart or something. I'm not exactly sure when it was taken out of MK . . . maybe 2006 - 2008? :shrug:

PHSCoach

I remember being able to swim in the lake at FW, the bread bowl and chowder at CHH and having street sweepers always there as soon as someone dropped something on the ground.

PolynesianPrincess

I remember when the only character breakfast was on the Empress Lily boat at Disney Village.
The refillable mugs were resort specific.
The original ImageWorks that was actually fun.
"Now is the time, now is the best time..." on the Carousel of Progress
When the Buzz ride was Dreamflight.
When the Mickey Mouse Club was filmed live at MGM Studios. (I ALWAYS wanted to go to a taping of it. That was my favorite show!)
The burning house on Tom Sawyer Island.
Mickey's Birthdayland
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Strawberry Swirl from the Enchanted Grove in MK
Getting dinner reservations for 8 people at King Stefan's Banquet Hall that afternoon. Non of this 180 in advance stuff! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom