I found a real eye opening article about WDI

yensidtlaw1969

Merlin said:
So in other words, it makes no sense. Yeah, pretty much the answer I was expecting.
Pretty much, yeah.

Yensid "Wait, so how do we go all the way around the world and see nothing but small singing children and dancing animals in under 7 MINUTES!?!?!" tlaw1969

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
I understand that, but that doesn't answer my question. Trains don't generally do that in response to a creature chasing it. And no one is at the controls of the train, so what...the PASSENGERS are causing it to change directions??

It is my understanding that a shirpa had stowed away before we left the station and seeing the tracks ripped up, switched the tracks and carved a massive hole into the side of the mountain and then got back into his hiding spot before we went backwards. That explains why we are stopped there for so long.

peter11435

Merlin said:
I understand that, but that doesn't answer my question. Trains don't generally do that in response to a creature chasing it. And no one is at the controls of the train, so what...the PASSENGERS are causing it to change directions??
Notice the window in the back. How do you know there is not a conductor in there?

It’s called an Imagination. I highly recommend them.

everest_train_closeup1.jpg

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Notice the window in the back. How do you know there is not a conductor in there?

So the conductor is suddenly switching the engine into reverse? Seems like a stretch that he/she was able to do it so quickly on a steam engine, but I'll accept that one. But your saying the conductor is also the one who is switching the track? Isn't that usually done in some external station?

peter11435 said:

Is this another example of "not a personal attack"? :lol:

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
So in other words, it makes no sense. Yeah, pretty much the answer I was expecting.

There are alot of things at WDW that dont make a lick of sense. Like on M:S are we supposed to be in a training simulator or on an actual mission to Mars.

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
It is my understanding that a shirpa had stowed away before we left the station and seeing the tracks ripped up, switched the tracks and carved a massive hole into the side of the mountain and then got back into his hiding spot before we went backwards. That explains why we are stopped there for so long.

Best explanation I've heard thus far!!:lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
There are alot of things at WDW that dont make a lick of sense. Like on M:S are we supposed to be in a training simulator or on an actual mission to Mars.

We're supposed to be in a training simulator, which has always seemed weird to me.

peter11435

Merlin said:
But your saying the conductor is also the one who is switching the track? Isn't that usually done in some external station?

Merlin said:
Is this another example of "not a personal attack"? :lol:

Nope. That was simply an observation on my part.

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Nope. That was simply an observation on my part.

Question is, an "observation" of what? For someone who claims not to make personal attacks, I think you do in fact make personal attacks. But you do it in a very passive aggressive manner.

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
We're supposed to be in a training simulator, which has always seemed weird to me.

I know, Gary Sinese say astronauts have what we dont have, training. But why put us into hypersleep or the asteroid field, or have the ship teter on the edge of a crevise and be told not to move a muscle? I dont think most simulators would do that.

As for the track switching, for some reason I imagine a yard gnome doing it.
I need some sleep!

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
Question is, an "observation" of what? For someone who claims not to make personal attacks, I think you do in fact make personal attacks. But you do it in a very passive aggressive manner.

:lol: If I were to be attacked, thats exactly how I would like it to happen. Passive/aggressively

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
:lol: If I were to be attacked, thats exactly how I would like it to happen. Passive/aggressively

:lol: Well you're in luck, as that's generally a pretty common type of aggression. People have forgotten how to be straightforward and actually confront others directly. If we continue down this evolutionary path, our grandchildren are going to look something like jellyfish. It's like the other thread about the kids vandalizing the EE queue....The OP thought the way to "get them" was to "discreetly snap their picture". :rolleyes:

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
I know, Gary Sinese say astronauts have what we dont have, training. But why put us into hypersleep or the asteroid field, or have the ship teter on the edge of a crevise and be told not to move a muscle? I dont think most simulators would do that.

The only thing I can think of on that one is that astronauts are generally put through simulations where things go wrong, so they can practice how to correct and prevent it. Nevertheless, it makes for a kind of unexciting storyline. In most (if not all) Disney attractions (and Universal ones too, for that matter) we're pretending to be doing something. Whether it's encountering pirates, flying through space, etc. But on M:S, we're pretending....to be pretending. It's kind of lame. The only explanation I can think of is that they didn't want to go to the trouble of disguising the fact that it's a simulator. So they just built it into the storyline. It's kind of like how on EE, they didn't want to spend more money on an additional Yeti, so they built it into the storyline that you only see him once. :rolleyes:

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
:lol: Well you're in luck, as that's generally a pretty common type of aggression. People have forgotten how to be straightforward and actually confront others directly. If we continue down this evolutionary path, our grandchildren are going to look something like jellyfish. It's like the other thread about the kids vandalizing the EE queue....The OP thought the way to "get them" was to "discreetly snap their picture". :rolleyes:

I guess most people would rather avoid confrontation, but being the father of 4, ranging from ages 16 to 1½, I would have said something to the boys. Most people dont like being called out in front of others either.

But, isnt that the whole reason for soft openings, find out what needs to be fixed before the grand opening? I suspect a nice piece of plexiglass will be installed on those cupboards.

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
The only thing I can think of on that one is that astronauts are generally put through simulations where things go wrong, so they can practice how to correct and prevent it. Nevertheless, it makes for a kind of unexciting storyline. In most (if not all) Disney attractions (and Universal ones too, for that matter) we're pretending to be doing something. Whether it's encountering pirates, flying through space, etc. But on M:S, we're pretending....to be pretending. It's kind of lame. The only explanation I can think of is that they didn't want to go to the trouble of disguising the fact that it's a simulator. So they just built it into the storyline. It's kind of like how on EE, they didn't want to spend more money on an additional Yeti, so they built it into the storyline that you only see him once. :rolleyes:

I see your point, but the Yeti has never actually been seen by human eyes, so having appear only once makes a little more sense. I am pretty sure Mars exists, I've seen pictures......or have I?

peter11435

Merlin said:
For someone who claims not to make personal attacks, I think you do in fact make personal attacks. But you do it in a very passive aggressive manner.

Ok, seriously. How is telling you to use your imagination a personal attack?

wannab@dis

peter11435 said:
Ok, seriously. How is telling you to use your imagination a personal attack?
It's not... he's just looking for more to argue about...

I think someone posted something that needs to be reiterated in this situation...

speck76 said:
never argue with an idiot, they will take you down the their level, then beat you with experience

yensidtlaw1969

Merlin said:
It's kind of like how on EE, they didn't want to spend more money on an additional Yeti, so they built it into the storyline that you only see him once. :rolleyes:
Lord, please grant me the serenity to do no harm unto this man, please grant me the wisdom to know that it is not worth it to argue with him, please grant me the love to allow him to post this anyway.

I'm clear :) .

Yensid " :xmas: " tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom