I found a real eye opening article about WDI

yensidtlaw1969

Ghostbuster626 said:
My detective work has led me to believe Corrus is a retired Imagineer and while I have a massive amount of respect for him I think it is absurd to say Tony Baxter will be let go and if it is true then someone at disney is insane! Tony Baxter is the modern day Claude coats AND marc davis..this guy is responsible for 3 of my favorite Disney attractions all time (Indy, Star Tours, Splash Mountain) how could they let such a creative visionary go? and what about Lasseter looking over several cancelled projects from baxter? and what about the rumors Star Tours 2 and a possible resurection of Discovery Bay??? I just can't imagine a Walt Disney company without Tony Baxter :( .
Some people have reservations about Tony Baxter (I haven't seen it here, but I've seen it) and what he really contributes to WDI. Some people say he is more of a ffigurehead and that when he is involved in a project he takes full credit for it, some say he stomps over other people to get to the top and that is why he's famous, some people say what you say. I don't know who's right and who's wrong, I'm just saying that what you think about Tony or what anyone else thinks about him might be wrong. I personally am trying not to make any opinion on him because i honestly cannot say I know what he is like. I don't know. Whatever!

Yensid "
......../º\ Ha! It's Nine Eye!" tlaw1969
..(o (o | o) o)
...~~~~~~~
......' \ | / '
......~~~~
.........'"'

yensidtlaw1969

Merlin said:
Oh. Well, since you didn't read the article, I'll go ahead and answer my question for you (since it was a rhetorical question anyway). The answer: Yes it is exactly the type of behavior described in the article.
I defended Corrus as a person, not because of his profession. Ofcourse, I stupidly put someone else down in the process, and I apologised wholeheartedly. If this is what the article talked about, then yes, you are correct.

Yensid "I don't think the article was about calling people insane, but whatever" tlaw1969

peter11435

Merlin said:
This would be a foolish move on my part, since anyone can go back and read the post for themselves. I even gave the post # in which you said it in order to make it easier for other readers to do just that.

The quote was taken from an entirely different thread. Thus even though you gave the post number it was pointless and everyone else had no way of knowing where to look.

speck76

It is easy to be creative.

It is harder to be creative, and stay within a budget.

Turnover at WDI is a good thing.....most people have a limited amount of ideas (we all see the world through our own beliefs and opinions) and new blood can bring new ideas.

Even the greatest pass their prime, and need to move on.

If someone really believes in their idea, they will find a way to sell it. If they can't find a way to sell it, they do not belong in their position.

Accountability is a great tool, when people are held accountable for their successes and failures, they will have less failures.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
I defended Corrus as a person, not because of his profession. Ofcourse, I stupidly put someone else down in the process, and I apologised wholeheartedly. If this is what the article talked about, then yes, you are correct.

Yensid "I don't think the article was about calling people insane, but whatever" tlaw1969

Appology accepted Captain Yensid

yensidtlaw1969

speck76 said:
It is easy to be creative.

It is harder to be creative, and stay within a budget.
I'm debating whether to add just the first sentence to My signature, which would be more inspiratonal, or both, which would make people say "good point" and lay off WDI a bit.

Which do you think?

Yensidtlaw1969

peter11435

Merlin said:
Apparently, I DO need to keep quoting you because you keep making statements and then backsliding on them, claiming "I never said that." I'll tell you what though. On this one, I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you and I both know how you meant it.

I never said I didn't say the things I said. That would be stupid. What I said was that they were not personal attacks, which they were not.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
If I ever become a moderator (chances are slim to none), I have two candidates for banishment that both happen to be on this thread.

you cant banish people for disagreement or even getting angry. Unless someone is cursing or saying something totally out of line people really shouldnt be banished. Having said that am I one of the canidates?

CaptainMichael

Ghostbuster626 said:
you cant banish people for disagreement or even getting angry. Unless someone is cursing or saying something totally out of line people really shouldnt be banished. Having said that am I one of the canidates?
However, you can ban people for constantly starting trouble in thread after thread after thread. This has already happened many times.

Do you feel like you are a canidate?

speck76

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I'm debating whether to add just the first sentence to My signature, which would be more inspiratonal, or both, which would make people say "good point" and lay off WDI a bit.

Which do you think?

Yensidtlaw1969

neither of those were compliments

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
However, you can ban people for constantly starting trouble in thread after thread after thread. This has already happened many times.

Do you feel like you are a canidate?

I dunno...I mean I may come off a bit controversial sometimes but im never out to start trouble..I dont spread absurd rumors (like spaming the board with harry potter attraction rumors), I dont go into a topic looking for trouble (I do like to start heated debates though such as this thread), and I never intentionally pick fights with people. Disney theme parks mean a whole lot to me and I want them to be of the quality that has come to be expected from the Disney name rather then being boged down with movie tie-ins built on the cheap or attractions that are substantially inferior to the attraction they replaced. I feel it is very important to speak my mind and hopefully inspire others to do the same.

speck76

Ghostbuster626 said:
I dunno...I mean I may come off a bit controversial sometimes but im never out to start trouble..I dont spread absurd rumors (like spaming the board with harry potter attraction rumors), I dont go into a topic looking for trouble (I do like to start heated debates though such as this thread), and I never intentionally pick fights with people. Disney theme parks mean a whole lot to me and I want them to be of the quality that has come to be expected from the Disney name rather then being boged down with movie tie-ins built on the cheap or attractions that are substantially inferior to the attraction they replaced. I feel it is very important to speak my mind and hopefully inspire others to do the same.
you are just somewhat annoying

I am not trying to be mean.....but if your fly was down, I am sure you would not want to walk around all day like that...this is kind of like that

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
My honest opinion... you're annoying the crap out of most people and only inspire them to ignore your rantings. :wave:

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
My honest opinion... you're annoying the crap out of most people and only inspire them to ignore your rantings. :wave:

It won't break my heart if you ignore my rantings. In fact if you dont like what I have to say...why are you in a thread topic started by me???

yensidtlaw1969

speck76 said:
neither of those were compliments
What you said or what I said? I meant it as a compliment, as I found the first one inspirational and I felt both together said what I've been trying to say for a while (I hate it when people say creative needs to fire it's current workers and hire new ones, because there is nothing wrong with the current creative people, it's the money that gets them). If you meant what you said, then I don't get it, because I found them to ring true and sounded like something that would get people to think maybe it isn't always WDI's fault (which it isn't -- they're very creative people).

Whatever!

Yensidtlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
No clever thing in quotations in the middle of your screenname?? What is happening??? Is the world coming to an end?:cry: :eek:
No, the world is fine :lol: , I just took note of who complained about them in some other thread and decided not to do the little separation of my name thing when quoting those people. If it annoys them, why do it to them?:D .

Yensid "Common Courtesy . . . sadly it's becoming extinct" tlaw1969:D

speck76

yensidtlaw1969 said:
What you said or what I said? I meant it as a compliment, as I found the first one inspirational and I felt both together said what I've been trying to say for a while (I hate it when people say creative needs to fire it's current workers and hire new ones, because there is nothing wrong with the current creative people, it's the money that gets them). If you meant what you said, then I don't get it, because I found them to ring true and sounded like something that would get people to think maybe it isn't always WDI's fault (which it isn't -- they're very creative people).

Whatever!

Yensidtlaw1969

they are creative....but it is not hard to be creative, especially when you are building on a sound story (like Splash Mt being based on a previous story)

They have a hard time being creative and staying in budget......technology is not cheap....so...what are the essentials of the ride, and what is the fluff. Would DAK be a better park if it did not have such an immersive theme....it is a matter of opinion....but a few more attractions could have probably been built for the price of the fake power lines, and faux-mud paths. With Mission Space, coudl the ride have been better without the gravity wheel?

The fluff is nice, I would rather have a complete attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom