I found a real eye opening article about WDI

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
I see your point, but the Yeti has never actually been seen by human eyes, so having appear only once makes a little more sense. I am pretty sure Mars exists, I've seen pictures......or have I?

Well, there are people who claim to have seen the Yeti. Just as there are people who claim to have seen ghosts, even though there is no concrete proof. Nevertheless, when Disney built the Haunted Mansion, they didn't approach from the standpoint of, "Well no one really knows what a ghost looks like, so let's just have it be one ghost, and let's just show it for a fleeting second. That way, people will wonder if they really saw something and that will make them keep coming back for more."

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Ok, seriously. How is telling you to use your imagination a personal attack?

You didn't just tell me to use my imagination. Here is what you said...

peter11435 said:
It’s called an Imagination. I highly recommend them.

That's being insulting in a passive aggressive manner.

Here's another example of a personal attack from you (this one comes from post #130 in the thread titled, "who rode EE let's talk"):

peter11435 said:
What are you 12.

I doubt you were sincerely inquiring about my age in this post.

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
Well, there are people who claim to have seen the Yeti. Just as there are people who claim to have seen ghosts, even though there is no concrete proof. Nevertheless, when Disney built the Haunted Mansion, they didn't approach from the standpoint of, "Well no one really knows what a ghost looks like, so let's just have it be one ghost, and let's just show it for a fleeting second. That way, people will wonder if they really saw something and that will make them keep coming back for more."

I saw a peanut stand, heard a rubber band,
I saw a needle that winked its eye.

Sorry

Just think of it like a M. Night Shyamalan movie. You dont get to the see the hook till the very end.

RonAnnArbor

Hmm...this thread has lost its entire focus on the original post and it's Imagineer theme...I just read through the original article, and have to admit I stopped after the terribly biased and inaccurate "EuroDisney" section - especially when it starts to sound exactly like quotes from JH's Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris in which he is one of the sole outspoken people complaining about that park. The fact that the original writer even continues to call it "EuroDisney" throughout the rest of the article shows the lack of respect as well as the politica; bent in the article, pretty much calling the rest of the article into doubt. As anyone who has been to DRP can tell you, it is the most beautiful of the many Magic Kingdom type parks and that is all due to the creativity of the Imagineers...as to EE, I have no comment. It is an expensive attempt to bring more attractions to a park that has almost none of them.

Merlin

Account Suspended
disneyfamily said:
I saw a peanut stand, heard a rubber band,
I saw a needle that winked its eye.

Sorry

Just think of it like a M. Night Shyamalan movie. You dont get to the see the hook till the very end.

Actually, that's a brilliant comparison, because with the exception of "The Sixth Sense", I have found all of M. Night Shyamalan's movies to be a disappointment.

peter11435

Merlin said:
You didn't just tell me to use my imagination. Here is what you said...

I know exactly what I said. You don't need to keep quoting me to show me what I have said. I still don't see it as any more than telling you to use your imagination.

Merlin said:
I doubt you were sincerely inquiring about my age in this post.

I love how you cleverly omit your post that made me say what I said. I think most everyone would agree with me if they read what you wrote.

disneyfamily

Merlin said:
Actually, that's a brilliant comparison, because with the exception of "The Sixth Sense", I have found all of M. Night Shyamalan's movies to be a disappointment.

I liked all his movies with the exception of "The Village", you could see the plot twist a mile away. I didn't know he wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little! Weird.

Merlin, I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine. Live long and prosper and may the schwartz be with you.

Out

yensidtlaw1969

Merlin said:
You forget, that there are billions of people who have died and could potentially have ghosts. The yeti, well, there is really only one, or a couple at most, and they're focusing the attraction around one Yeti.

Then again, Dinosaur (or so it seems) only focuses around one Carnatour, but by the end of the attraction I wasn't afraid of it anymore. We had escaped it several times already, why couldn't we again?

Maybe that's just me.

Yensid "where are my glasses?" tlaw1969

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Merlin said:

But then, I suspect that the second coming will be a disappointment to you. It likely won't live up to its hype :lol:

You may choose to interpret the above as a personal attack or not...

Merlin

Account Suspended
yensidtlaw1969 said:
If you're calling Corrus insane Mister, YOU'RE insane!

Yensid "Note the spelling of the bolded words. Sorry, Im a freak" tlaw1969

Isn't this the exact type of behavior that the article (on which this thread is based) is talking about? It mentions how the Imagineers are looked at with such reverence that many Disney fanatics assume they're flawless. This assumes, of course, that Corrus even IS an Imagineer,... If he has some inside knowledge about whether Tony Baxter (or anyone else at Imagineering) will be "leaving the building" soon, then he likely works in the Human Resources department. Otherwise, it's pure speculation,...which makes it no more valuable than anyone else's opinion.

yensidtlaw1969

RonAnnArbor said:
As anyone who has been to DRP can tell you, it is the most beautiful of the many Magic Kingdom type parks and that is all due to the creativity of the Imagineers.
While I do prefer Disneyland to any MK style park (out of the ones i have been to ofcourse, Still have to see TDL and HKDL), having been to DRP (It was DLP at the time ofcourse; Studio was being constructed) I must agree with this statement.

Yensid "Them Imagineers, they don't miss a trick" tlaw1969

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Merlin said:
Isn't this the exact type of behavior that the article (on which this thread is based) is talking about? It mentions how the Imagineers are looked at with such reverence that many Disney fanatics assume they're flawless. This assumes, of course, that Corrus even IS an Imagineer,... If he has some inside knowledge about whether Tony Baxter (or anyone else at Imagineering) will be "leaving the building" soon, then he likely works in the Human Resources department. Otherwise, it's pure speculation,...which makes it no more valuable than anyone else's opinion.

My detective work has led me to believe that Corrus is a retired Imagineer and while I have a massive amount of respect for him I think it is absurd to say Tony Baxter will be let go and if it is true then someone at disney is insane! Tony Baxter is the modern day Claude coats AND marc davis..this guy is responsible for 3 of my favorite Disney attractions all time (Indy, Star Tours, Splash Mountain) and numerous other favorites (the original journey into imagination, big thunder, the redo of fantasyland) how could they let such a creative visionary go? and what about Lasseter looking over several cancelled projects from baxter? and what about the rumors Star Tours 2 and a possible resurection of Discovery Bay??? I just can't imagine a Walt Disney company without Tony Baxter :( .

And yea I think Mission: space is a sorry excuse of an e-ticket. I actually laughed when Eisner was like "This attraction goes beyond e-ticket..its disney's first true F-ticket!" sure it is mr. eisner..sure it is.

yensidtlaw1969

Merlin said:
Isn't this the exact type of behavior that the article (on which this thread is based) is talking about?
Couldn't tell you, I didn't read the article. I got involved with this thread by answering someone elses question about the plot of E:E.

I wasn't saying Corrus is right, I'm just saying he's not insane. However, I did unfairly say Ghostbuster626 was, and for that, I do apologise. Friends, Ghostbuster? :D .

Yensid "I think I might read that article now . . . " tlaw1969

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
I know exactly what I said. You don't need to keep quoting me to show me what I have said. I still don't see it as any more than telling you to use your imagination.

Apparently, I DO need to keep quoting you because you keep making statements and then backsliding on them, claiming "I never said that." I'll tell you what though. On this one, I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you and I both know how you meant it. :animwink:

peter11435 said:
I love how you cleverly omit your post that made me say what I said. I think most everyone would agree with me if they read what you wrote.

This is an implication that I'm somehow trying to be "sneaky" by quoting someone out of context. This would be a foolish move on my part, since anyone can go back and read the post for themselves. I even gave the post # in which you said it in order to make it easier for other readers to do just that.

As far as whether or not "most everyone would agree", haven't you learned about me by now that I'm not someone who is driven by how many people agree with me? I have a mind of my own. You refer to having "an imagination", but an imagination isn't following what others tell you to believe. That's having someone ELSE'S imagination. If a storyline for an attraction, for example, doesn't make sense to me, the solution isn't to say, "Use your imagination". Noticing something that doesn't quite fit IS using my own imagination. Just following what you're told to believe (and think) is following someone else's.

Merlin

Account Suspended
yensidtlaw1969 said:
Couldn't tell you, I didn't read the article. I got involved with this thread by answering someone elses question about the plot of E:E.

I wasn't saying Corrus is right, I'm just saying he's not insane. However, I did unfairly say Ghostbuster626 was, and for that, I do apologise. Friends, Ghostbuster? :D .

Yensid "I think I might read that article now . . . " tlaw1969

Oh. Well, since you didn't read the article, I'll go ahead and answer my question for you (since it was a rhetorical question anyway). The answer: Yes it is exactly the type of behavior described in the article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom